$7500 Service Bill

Clutch & a/c work aren't part of any scheduled maint. You replace/repair them when or if they go out so that can't be part of a major service checklist or bill. So they aren't relevant to this discussion. Not to say they couldn't have been added into one of those bills, maybe, but both times?? Come on!

since when does an AC compressor cost $2k? And what clutch costs almost $4K!??? You can get an aftermarket clutch for about $1500 and a new AC compressor for about $800...... your #'s dont add up dude.

Call the dealer and ask for a quote parts and labor on a 6 speed clutch and A/C compressor. The OEM clutch is very smooth and precise, no need for after market unless your putting down over 350 hp or tracking. The compressor replacement in itself is labor intensive. For the working professional time is limited and a dealer saves that and if you want everything in working order in one shot then... If you can work on your won car you will save that is the only exception.

Weird to see a thread about service costs without more details on what the 7.5k have been spent and watching the follwing speculation...:rolleyes: This reminds me of another forum.

After owning my 98'nsx-t for four years, I am already onto my 2nd major service for it. My first service cost just under $7k and now my 2nd major is $7500. Owning the car for four years, I have not had the pleasure or opportunity to spoil the car with goodies/mods but have at least had the pleasure of driving it over 60k miles and lots of oil and rubber....

ill scan and post all my quotes/final service bills when i get them

first service
clutch,flywheel,timing belt, water pump
second service
engine overhaul due to previous owner attempting head work with out removing engine (cut block all up and stripped all bolts/threads), replacing all hoses/belts, thermostat, a/c compressor

$15K in 4 yrs??!!! WTF are you getting done: JDM muffler bearings, Castrol SRF blinker fluid, & they rotated your flux capacitor??

Is Castrol SRF recommended for the blinker fluid? Also, where do I add this fluid?

I think my blinker fluid is low, because everytime I use my signal I hear a noise.

Thanks.

Adjusting the windows could cost 10-15k on a Ferrari 456. Maybe the NSX windows can be adjusted for 5k. Mine make wind noise at 230 furlongs per fortnight.

Is Castrol SRF recommended for the blinker fluid? Also, where do I add this fluid?

I think my blinker fluid is low, because everytime I use my signal I hear a noise.

Thanks.

You pour the fluid into your eye but you have to be sitting in the passengers seat when you do this.

We're just having fun. I'm happy that you are taking good care of your NSX. As it has been reported some early NSXes have not had any major service yet. If they let Madoff out of house arrest he promised to fix our cars for free.

We're just having fun. I'm happy that you are taking good care of your NSX. As it has been reported some early NSXes have not had any major service yet. If they let Madoff out of house arrest he promised to fix our cars for free.

I prefer doing it the right one and hopefully only doing it once than band ading it together and praying itll hold...course I would have loved to invest the $15K plus into mods or track days....guess im just happy its a honda and not a ferrari.

I prefer doing it the right one and hopefully only doing it once than band ading it together and praying itll hold...course I would have loved to invest the $15K plus into mods or track days....guess im just happy its a honda and not a ferrari.

You still have not told us what you got done. I would laugh in the dealerships face if they told me a new clutch is going to be $4k and a new AC compressor is $2k.... You can find plenty of shops that work on NSX's that have very experienced techs.... there is plenty of info on this board to support this.

You can still do it "right" and not have to pay out the nose to get it done right.

Last edited:
You still have not told us what you got done. I would laugh in the dealerships face if they told me a new clutch is going to be $4k and a new AC compressor is $2k.... You can find plenty of shops that work on NSX's that have very experienced techs.... there is plenty of info on this board to support this.

You can still do it "right" and not have to pay out the nose to get it done right.

He did in post #32

ill scan and post all my quotes/final service bills when i get them

first service
clutch,flywheel,timing belt, water pump
second service
engine overhaul due to previous owner attempting head work with out removing engine (cut block all up and stripped all bolts/threads), replacing all hoses/belts, thermostat, a/c compressor

Seriously, you should hook up with an NSX tech that does work on the side like some of us. What sucks is if you drive up in an NSX, they already assume you've got bank.

Welcome to Acura. Most of you guys that are giving him a hard time are in Cali, where you have Autowave and Shad and some other good reputable NSX shops.

I don't know how many reputable NSX shops are in Flordia.

Engine work is expensive, 7500 to have a fixed engine is miuch better than a 20K engine once it blows.

..BTW: Can we do a group buy on the SRF? My eye is itching..

Welcome to Acura. Most of you guys that are giving him a hard time are in Cali, where you have Autowave and Shad and some other good reputable NSX shops.

I don't know how many reputable NSX shops are in Flordia.

More than a few - and the best (IMO) is right here in Orlando. I have seen several shops recommended in southern FL/MIA. But for anything central/northern FL => First Class (Nevermind the cheeseball webpage :wink: )

Nabil (and formerly Oster as well) are well known to FL NSX'ers (and other parts of the country as well.)

Seriously, you should hook up with an NSX tech that does work on the side like some of us. What sucks is if you drive up in an NSX, they already assume you've got bank.

I would have loved to been able to take it somewhere else but unfortunately, it happend 500 miles from home and during the holidays so I did not have much of a choice. Driving it 500 miles and risking something worse happening would not have been worth it.

+1

I buy all my muffler bearings online. Much cheaper than the dealer.

OMG! That web site is SOOOO funny.:biggrin::biggrin:

I love the products, and the reviews are fantastic.

Thanks for the link.

I would have loved to been able to take it somewhere else but unfortunately, it happend 500 miles from home and during the holidays so I did not have much of a choice. Driving it 500 miles and risking something worse happening would not have been worth it.

They do have tow trucks in FL, no? You could have had it towed to CA and back and still spent less money on a better fix :cool:

Back