"$599.95 Timing Belt Service" @ local Acura dealer, lolz...

WOW! Such a deal, I believe I'd call up 'ole Casey the Service Manager and get my order punched right in!

I think "See dealer for details" means excluding NSX.

I just called and the service writer said the deal doesn't apply to an NSX. He did quote me $1199 for the NSX, wich is a pretty good deal.

Miner

Thanks for confirming my suspicion. $1199 is a still good price.

bait-&-switch... kinda/sorta! haha. . .

WOW I would JUMP all over that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NSXLVR said:
does source1 automotive pricematch :D
WOW! Such a deal, I believe I'd call up 'ole Casey the Service Manager and get my order punched right in!
I considered purchasing 4, no lie... to lock-in the price for life (as I don't plan to ever sell my NSX, if anything- add another or two)! :D

Go for the 4 cl package! ;)
I wonder if they'd sale (3) of the 4-banger dealio's, which would equal two 6-cylinder services? :p

I think "See dealer for details" means excluding NSX.
ROFLMAO :biggrin:
I just called and the service writer said the deal doesn't apply to an NSX. He did quote me $1199 for the NSX, which is a pretty good deal.

Miner
trainingrevolution said:
They did mine for $1199, I was satisfied with the service and they gave me a loaner at no charge.
D'oh! So much for truth in advertising, as I don't own any other Acura vehicles & this marketing/promo' email was personally addressed to me as well as directed at my NSX as-per them stating such as well as including the actual VIN! Grrr...

$1199/pre-tax for the 6yr/90k service inclusive of timing-belt/water-pump is quite good, I believe the OEM parts alone near $500+ list-price... that is, till they nickel-&-dime another few hundred on misc' crappe! ;)

On a side-note, I got a Honda master-tech' (Greater Houston) w/ over 25+ years dealership experience who does NSX t-b/w-p service for a fraction of what the dealer & other indie shops charge (just have to bring him the OEM parts). He can do it in less than 1/2 a day, he's that proficient/efficient. . .

Last edited:
On a side-note, I got a Honda master-tech' (Greater Houston) w/ over 25+ years dealership experience who does NSX t-b/w-p service for a fraction of what the dealer & other indie shops charge (just have to bring him the OEM parts). He can do it in less than 1/2 a day, he's that proficient/efficient.

Sounds like the same one I use.:wink:

The 4 cyl coupon is also nearly worthless as all 4 cyl engines now used by Acura have chains and not belts. I guess that would have started with the 02 RSX K series motor. But I guess if someone had an old Integra that hasn't been stolen yet it may come in handy.

The Acura dealer sent me a $9.99 oil change coupon. It was the one and only time they forgot the asterisk.

* NSX not included.

The Acura dealer sent me a $9.99 oil change coupon. It was the one and only time they forgot the asterisk.

* NSX not included.

Same deal down here at a local Honda/Acura shop. Coupon stated " $9.99 oil change, all Hondas and Acuras." They honored it and mine was the only NSX they ever saw so they didn't bother changing the coupon to exclude the NSX but they hated to see me pull up. :biggrin:

Would an NSX oil change be anymore than any other Honda or Acura?

Would an NSX oil change be anymore than any other Honda or Acura?

NSX oil is aged in oak barrels for eight years by a master crafstmen trained from ancient generations until it passes strict government regulations to certify it as genuine oem acura NSX oil.

NSX oil is aged in oak barrels for eight years by a master crafstmen trained from ancient generations until it passes strict government regulations to certify it as genuine oem acura NSX oil.

at ~$100/quart I think that's the GT-R's tranny fluid you're talking about...:tongue:

As for the NSX's oil change being more expensive than another Honda/Acura the OEM long filter was quite a bit more than $10 itself...so a $9.99 NSX oil change is quite a deal.

Back