4yr old tires Goodyear eagle F1? fr. Tirerack.

Question for you tire expert. I ordered some rear tire Goodyear eagle F1 yesterday from tirerack and they called me to let me know the tires they have in stock was made in 04 and they are not getting any new goodyear until Feb. They told me they are well protected and the are as good as they were made last year.

My concern is the I had purchase some tire from discount tire (flakens)last year and i had a blow out. they were telling me it may have been due to the tire under inflated but I later found out they were made the year before i purchase them.
whats your thoughts?

Thanks

I'd buy them. The F1s were made in Germany in 04. Starting in late 07 they switched it to China. Haggle with them to get a discount for "old" tires and don't think about it again.

So you had a blow out with a certain tire (for whatever reason) and now you want to buy the same tire but ones that are 4 -5 years old??

Maybe if they were like $25 a tire. Maybe.

SKIP THEM.

Many shops won't even mount tires that are more than 4-5 years old.

Hey Doc,

I got it about 2 months ago.. I've been around just been busy.. I haven't seen any gathering in awhile, guess Toys 4 Tots is the next big one coming up.

Thanks guys for your feedback tirerack told me the tires are well protectin there warehouse. They are going to check there other warehouse to see if they have any new ones before they ship. I just need two rear tires.

Back