42 miles on new car?

I once asked one of the Ferrari factory test drivers why the cars had (many) miles before shipping. He answered that in general, the more miles the better sorted the car is. Enzo's are typically driven both on country roads and at the factory track, sometimes twice or more if problems have to be addressed. Of course, NSX's are borne without any defects, we all know that !

Img_1346.jpg

In the last paragraph of the exterior section, you can see that a new NSX can have up to 50 miles.

Hey, that vin looks familiar! :smile:

Here in Canada,when we used to have the Honda contract at our port,we used to get NSX's in(not very many I might add).Can't recall the ododmeter reading.I know for a fact that all Lexus get tracked(not raced).I would think that the high end vehicles would get tested for squeaks,rattles and general fit and finish.So I think this would be normal.Most cars have approx.15 miles on them.(these miles are just from driving on and off the ship).On and around the port 2-3 miles.(this is to get it to destination rows and sometimes fuel).Truck driver and/or rail loading 1mile.I am guessing it was tested for about 20-22 miles give or take.Maybe a bit high but I know when someone got the chance to move one at our port,it wasn't always the most direct route!

That's interesting, I never knew that. Mine had 61,000 on it when I bought it, but that was a lot of consumer testing as well. :wink:

mine came with 49miles :smile:

wow that really says a lot about the car that the manufacturer actually tests every model to make sure it meets their level of satisfaction. Lamborghinis are all 100 mile road tested before they and sent out, although before that they come back to the factory to have the odometer and other stuff put in.

rmani said:
wow that really says a lot about the car that the manufacturer actually tests every model to make sure it meets their level of satisfaction. Lamborghinis are all 100 mile road tested before they and sent out, although before that they come back to the factory to have the odometer and other stuff put in.

So, they drive them without the odometers in them??

i believe so, but am not 100% sure how they do it. my friend actually just picked up a murcielago so I'll ask him how many miles were on it next time i see him.

Didn't you all get the little certificate of the driver that drove the car?? Mine had a little certificate signed by the test driver. I thought it had a mention of the miles he put on it as well, but I can't recall.

Back