4 year project car finished

I'm impressed, that is a very nice build-up! :cool: I had a boss that owned one of these back in the day.

It's very fun car to drive... :smile:

Holy Batman Carbon Fiber!:eek::eek:

IMG_20621.jpg

Great job on the car! Attention to detail is outstanding.

What a great car! I fully understand.
Here's why........
I had a white 71 in 1978 (I was 17 yrs old)
(Sold the 68 Mustang I bought at 14 & set up for 1/4 mi.)

Then at about 15 yrs ago I bought a 2nd 71 2002.
It was Orange, nick name = the "Pumpkin car"
Added all the extras I could not afford in high school. Got about 140 hp out of it, added a O-drive 5 speed, one piece race seat & Susp work.
(Thought I was a real Pioneer with the 5 speed OD conversion)

That car was a go cart. One of the top handling cars I have driven, period.
With just springs, Koni's, sway bars, F-R chassis stiffening.
Sold it when I found this car.... (due to space)
http://www.corvetteforum.net/classics/396_rat/
Bought the NSX when I sold the vette a few yrs ago.

Those cars are so light & responsive. So easy to control in a 4 wheel drift, I only have a 2 car garage or I would still have one.
If I ever sell my NSX, It will be for a car exactly like yours. (71-72)
(If you ever want to sell, let me know!)

So in conclusion, I get it. Must be a blast with 200hp at the rear wheels.

How is it on the street? As fun as it looks?
I wished you had not posted.............
Now I will start keeping an eye out for a rust free $1000.00 beater.... That I can dump 20k into.............

Congrats on having the insight to build one of the worlds best cars ever made. Your a member of a very small, insightfull club indeed.:biggrin:

Cant say enough good things about your car...........:biggrin:

MCM... thanks for your nice comments. :smile:

Glad to meet another e30 M3 guy, as well as someone with 2002 background & interest. As I'm sure you know, these project cars are a labor of love and lots of work and $. I've done two big projects since '03... and I think I seen my last... next time I'll buy something already done!!

-RoyW

"As I'm sure you know, these project cars are a labor of love and lots of work and $. I've done two big projects since '03... and I think I seen my last... next time I'll buy something already done!!"

-RoyW

Funny thing is, its the most fun when your right in the middle of it- looking for that impossible part with beat up knuckles asking your self why you ever got yourself into this project. There a lot less fun when their finished.
(aside from the driving part) :biggrin:

Back