360 Top Gear review could have been a NSX

Hi

I downloaded this

And in that segment Tiff Needel in Top Gear says the following about the 360 Modena:

"It had to be lighter, faster easier to use everyday than the fantastic 355 and on top of all this it had to give a highten sense of drivers envolvment"

"There's formula 1 style technology in the engine as well, with a fly by wire throttle and reduced internal friction helping to...."

"...it's also 80kg lighter with aluminium replacing steel wherever possible......."

"suspension is aluminium aswell with double wishbone both front and rear"

"all that hidden beauty are matched with stunning looks"

"more impressive however is how everyday useable the 360 is"

"....and unlike the 355 the steeringwheel adjust for both rake(?) and reach.."

"the steering feeds everything back.."

"..you could not have a better handling car"

"This is the new best car in the world. The king is dead long live the king"

All the above does remind me of a old 1991 car that I bought from this guy in Switzerland :)

When did the 360 hit the market? In 2002? Many of the things Tiff says in the segment about the 360 is also true about the NSX I have in my garage. Seems to me(and Tiff) that it it took Ferrari 12 years before they built a NSX of their own. :) :)

Regards

The 360 was introduced in late '98 in Europe. So it is not a "new model" anymore... ;)

The successor will be presented late next year (read this year in a few days), it will probably use the tuned and improved version of the 4200cc V8 that is in the Maserati (an engine built by Ferrari) and will output 450-460ps.

This is what leaked out from Maranello.

Back