355 F1 or Modena F1 Which would you choose and why??

Gotta be the 355!!
Why, cuz its my dream car and if you get one I will steal it (Or you could let me drive it, either way....)

Personally, I think the 355 coupe looks better than the 360 coupe, but on the other hand, I think the 360 Spider is one of the most beautiful cars ever made.

I drove the F1 and I didn't really like it. It was just around town, but I really missed shifting!

the 355 coupe looks better than the 360 coupe, but on the other hand, I think the 360 Spider is one of the most beautiful cars ever made.

Hey, that's EXACTLY how I feel.

I drove the F1 and I didn't really like it. It was just around town, but I really missed shifting!

Haven't tried Ferrari's F1 shifter yet, but I did play around with the M3's SMG and haven't decided if I would actually want such a transmission in my own car. Something is definitely missing...

------------------
--akira3D
'00 Acura NSX-T (red/black), '97 Honda Civic HX (black), '01 Lexus IS300 (black/black)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

Originally posted by Shuey2k:
The reason behind the glut of F1s has more to do with production numbers. Last I heard better than 80% of the 360s coming in were F1s.

That makes the 6speed a rare species. I would choose the 360 6sp.

Isn't it true the F-1 shifter can shift faster and consistantly acurate(1/4 mile speaking)than you could "something like thousanths of a second to shift vs's the human error factor.

------------------
WWW.MYNSX.COM

Originally posted by ALLAN:
Dont buy an F1. There is a reason there are a ton of F1's for sale and no 6 speeds.

The F1 equipped modenas are $10K more than the 6 speed equipped modena. That could also be a factor why there are more F1s available.

------------------
2001 NSX-T
- Bilstein Shocks
- '02 OEM Wheels

f1 cars are very finicky when it comes to stop and go traffic. they do not shift smoothly, they wear out clutches very quickly, and have all sorts of other problems. If you do look at most magazine articles, 6 speed cars are still faster, even though i have read in some articles that Ferrari claims that the f1 can shift faster than a person. My unle just purchased an 03 at sticker, and every dealer had the same info. Everyone purchases an F1, because it is a new gimmick they havent tried, soon after, they yearn for the 6 speed and trade them in.

I think it's a matter of preference. I'd go for a F355 6-speed in a heartbeat. The 360 doesn't appeal to me at all. The front end is too wavy. Pass.

The owner of the 360 Spider that I drove said after using the F1 for a few months, he would rather have a 6-speed. So, I would definetly go that route.

355...its more in my price range
smile.gif

I believe that would be true of the F1 shifter (the problems that is).
Hows about the "general consensus" on reliability when compared?

Are there any "issues" (other than driver related of course) in either car?

Are there any specific years w/ specific problems?( for instance the 348 had some header problems in the "pre-94')

What would be saved in purchasing the 355 could be spent in the course of a year or two by buying the Modena coupe ,no?

One thing that I really dislike in the 355 is the seats they are "too" hard. No I wouldn't expect it to be like a a Mercedes but I was surprised at how firm the foam is as well as the toughness of the leather.They seem a bit too "classy" and not sporty enough if that makes any sense?

Two me they are two "totally different cars"
worlds apart in looks.A friend who owns the Modena says it feels like a wider NSX and has the same dependability <---(not sure if I spelled that right?)

------------------
WWW.MYNSX.COM

[This message has been edited by MYNSX (edited 17 November 2002).]

[This message has been edited by MYNSX (edited 17 November 2002).]

well Bill, let me simplify this decision making for you to what REALLY matters: looks and colour.

The <A HREF="http://www.carpassion.com/de/wp.php?header=Ferrari%20F355%20Spider&ma=ferrari&car=f355spider&nr=a&res=800">Ferrari 355</A> looks more like a '92 NSX.

The <A HREF="http://www.carpassion.com/de/wp.php?header=Ferrari F360 Modena F1&ma=ferrari&car=360topmanager&nr=e&res=800">
360 Modena</A> looks more like a '02 NSX.
wink.gif

...and if you want my opinion, the 360 looks better in yellow.
wink.gif
Hope this helps!

I had a 6 speed 360 and loved it, though some friends with the 2000 360 6 speeds were having some major probs. I took my car to Orange County for service and saw at least 10 360f1 on the rack for tranny problems, i heard they are very hard on the clutch.

355 or Modena?

355!
biggrin.gif
I think the 355 was among the more sexier Ferrari's. The 360 looks nice too but I think the 355 has more appeal to it. Just my opinion...

Originally posted by vegasnsx:
I had a 6 speed 360 and loved it, though some friends with the 2000 360 6 speeds were having some major probs. I took my car to Orange County for service and saw at least 10 360f1 on the rack for tranny problems, i heard they are very hard on the clutch.

Thats the type of input that is nessesary.

------------------
WWW.MYNSX.COM

Back