3.0 to 3.2 engine upgrade

If it were me I would stick with the 3.0 and have it rebuilt. Swapping in the 3.2 could create all kinda of headaches and added expense. Not to mention it might be hard to get it smogged here in CA.

Thank you for your service to this country!

The lions' share of the horsepower gained between the NA1 and NA2 models was from the headers and exhaust NOT from the .2 bore. I would rebuild your 3.0 and upgrade your exhaust. If you're craving power.. There are easier ways to make power than swapping the engine.

True GOLD if this advice is accurate!

I too was thinking "3.2 + 6 speed" down the road for my "virgin" '92 ( wanted the more HP!), but if I can realize similar gains from just headers & exhaust...I got that stuff covered through work. :D

UPDATE- I took your guy’s advice and bought a 3.0L with 29K on the dash from a fellow primer. Now it’s time for some fun upgrades... What I have now Comtech exhaust, Comtech clutch that’s about it, any other suggestions guys?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

If you want to go forced induction eventually, I'd build the motor now while the engine is out of the car. I went with with 9.5: 1 compression on my recent rebuild. It can work well in NA mode and handle 500+ WHP with a turbo or two.

Back