2027 electric NSX promised

Not a car I’d personally be interested in, but here you go.

Honda Says All-Electric 'NSX-Type Vehicle' In the Works, Could Arrive by 2027​

After much speculation, Honda has confirmed the NSX will be coming back — or at least, something like it will.
BY AMELIA NONEMACHERPUBLISHED: AUG 16, 2024 2:29 PM EDT
bookmarks
SAVE ARTICLE
2022 acura nsx type s

ACURA
Ever since Honda’s flaship hybrid supercar, the Acura NSX, officially made its departure in 2022, we at Road & Track have counted ourselves among the many fans who hoped it would return someday. Now, we finally have confirmation that it’s coming back — in a way. According to Shinji Aoyama, global executive vice president of Honda, Honda intends to produce a sporty electric vehicle in the next few years — and it may be called NSX.

“We are going to introduce the sports model in 2027 or 2028,” Aoyama said at a media roundtable at Monterey Car Week. “We may not call it NSX. It’s kind of an NSX type of vehicle.”

He added that this hypothetical vehicle would run on the Honda 0 Series EV architecture, unveiled earlier this year and set for a 2026 launch. This has been expected since at least 2021, when Acura executive Jon Ikeda told The Drive that they hope to make a statement with each generation of the NSX. “The first-gen was gas. Second-gen was a hybrid. There’s gonna be another one,” he said.

2022 acura nsx type s

ACURA
Rumors that the NSX — or “an NSX type of vehicle” — would return have been swirling basically since its farewell in 2021. Though Acura did not confirm officially, Ikeda again implied a third generation when he told Nikkei Asia in 2022 that he “would bet on” its return, and that it would be all-electric if it did come back.

The second-gen NSX was sent off with the Type S trim in 2021 and sold all 300 units in 24 hours. Despite the enthusiastic response to the Type S, sales of the second-gen hybrid model were often slow; Acura sold only 128 units in 2020. But Honda has emphasized the NSX’s role as a representative of their future plans, and right now, they’re putting their weight behind battery-electric propulsion and EVs. The NSX is the natural choice to show off those future plans. We're thrilled to hear that it seems it'll be coming back — and we hope Honda does, indeed, use the NSX name if the car is worthy.

I read that too. I've been checking over at Temple of VTEC to see if Rolledansx has info but nothing so far.

I think something with Rimac Nevara performance at Acura price point will be attractive..

Back