2019 nsx noise

hello everyone have had some heart problems and have not been able to post in a while . i don't have my car yet,but would like to know if the piped-in intake noise brothers anyone on long trips with the nsx,also can you turn off the sound in the controls thank you.

I've had my car for over a year now and have done lots of road miles, and plenty of weekend miles too. I think the artificial piped-in engine sound is ridiculous and doesn't add anything but noise. Very annoying and it's not even a good sound - just a loud drone - and I mainly drive in Sport +. I don't drive in Track mode so guess that's even worse. Wish it had an adjustable interior sound function.

My solution is cheap, easy, and works really well. I have some left over Noico car sound deadening material from a home project (from Amazon) and fashioned it with some felt padding and those super strong magnets, three for each side, from a home supply store. My sound deadening pucks attach right to each baffle and each is slightly bigger than the baffle. They're held on by magnets so easy on/off and they dramatically reduce the drone. From the outside the layers are the felt (spray painted black), the sound mat, felt stuck to the sticky side of the mat, and magnets attached with silicone adhesive to the felt. I put them on a few months ago. They're invisible and we're much happier now!

There is no independent control of the exhaust noise. When the car is in "sport" mode, the exhaust is closed off to reduce noise. I assume the "piped in" noise is also turned down.
When in sport mode, it drives and sounds more like a Honda Accord than a supercar. If I'm driving mine on the highway 30 mins to a business meeting, I drive in sport mode and there is no annoying exhaust drone. With a quick turn of the power mode knob to Sport+, it opens the exhaust and turns into a fire breathing dragon..... A car with multiple personalities....... Hope your health is good!

I've had my car for over a year now and have done lots of road miles, and plenty of weekend miles too. I think the artificial piped-in engine sound is ridiculous and doesn't add anything but noise. Very annoying and it's not even a good sound - just a loud drone - and I mainly drive in Sport +. I don't drive in Track mode so guess that's even worse. Wish it had an adjustable interior sound function.

My solution is cheap, easy, and works really well. I have some left over Noico car sound deadening material from a home project (from Amazon) and fashioned it with some felt padding and those super strong magnets, three for each side, from a home supply store. My sound deadening pucks attach right to each baffle and each is slightly bigger than the baffle. They're held on by magnets so easy on/off and they dramatically reduce the drone. From the outside the layers are the felt (spray painted black), the sound mat, felt stuck to the sticky side of the mat, and magnets attached with silicone adhesive to the felt. I put them on a few months ago. They're invisible and we're much happier now!

It isn’t “artificial” — at least, not in the same way that the engine sound is run through the stereo, as in the BMW M5 and — taken to a most egregious level — in the i8.

In the NSX, Instead of being electronically enhanced, the sound is captured by valves that open to direct natural engine sound inside the cabin. They close during Quiet mode operation.

Having the engine sound electronically enhanced while you’re inside the vehicle, is like wearing special headphones when you pass gas, that convert the sound into a serenade by Pavarotti. Everyone else just hears a fart!

This is from AutoNews.com:

• “If you’re lucky enough to have one rush by you, the sound may be underwhelming. Fortunately, once you’re inside the NSX, it can roar, and Acura swears it’s without the aid of artificial sound piped through the speakers. Redline is 7,500 rpm and the transmission has no fear of keeping the car right at that point when you have track mode engaged (the car also has Sport+, Sport and Quiet modes).
  • On the track there’s no real turbo whine, but on the road you can faintly hear it and the whoosh of the wastegate valve. There is a subtle pop-pop of exhaust overrun that Honda artificially calibrated into the engine -- you can thank the engineers in Ohio for this little parlor trick, since Japan didn’t think it was necessary.”

^ Maybe not an expert here, but I know all about the function, operation, modes, etc. And I’ve read most of the stuff out there. Still, I think it’s too loud and doesn’t sound good. Just annoying. I’ve spent too much time in a race car with a beautiful sound and I’m protective of my hearing.

Glad my sound puck things work for me, for those who like how it sounds that’s awesome, enjoy it! I love the performance and it’s a blast, just want it quieter.

From AutoBlog, November, 2018:

[FONT=&quot]“There are other subtle throwbacks. Every original NSX made a distinctive intake whine when winding it up to 8,000 rpm, and the new NSX has real intake noise physically pumped into the cabin to replicate this sweet sound all the way through the rev band.”
[/FONT]

Back