2019 chin piece fits 2018?

Other than that very cool carbon fiber bit that is available on this forum, does anyone know whether the 2019 color-matched chin piece will fit/replace the chrome chin piece on a 2017 or my 2018 model?

The official Acura parts catalog says that the 2019 chin piece only fits the 2019. But I’ve seen published model year limitations on other parts which perfectly well fit earlier model years.

Every time I behold my beautiful black 2018 NSX, I look at that ugly chrome chin and think “MOLE!!!!”
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rc5G04nJecI

Thanks Axx, Lucky & Warren.

Warren: That black chin piece is a wrap??!!??!! Looks great. What about durability — from car washes to highway stones? Do you just wrap it again if there’s a chip or tear? Sorry to ask such basic questions; I have zero experience with wraps.

Thanks Axx, Lucky & Warren.

Warren: That black chin piece is a wrap??!!??!! Looks great. What about durability — from car washes to highway stones? Do you just wrap it again if there’s a chip or tear? Sorry to ask such basic questions; I have zero experience with wraps.

Yes.
It is just a gloss black wrap. Now that it is cured a clear XPEL will now go over it to match the XPEL on the grill.
My entire car is wrapped with XPEL. Carbon fibre; plastic; paint; headlamps; windshield. All surfaces.
If any parts get a mark, you just replace that piece of film.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Beautiful! Are you bringing it to XPO. You can leave it at my house so no snow worries

Yes.
It is just a gloss black wrap. Now that it is cured a clear XPEL will now go over it to match the XPEL on the grill.
My entire car is wrapped with XPEL. Carbon fibre; plastic; paint; headlamps; windshield. All surfaces.
If any parts get a mark, you just replace that piece of film.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i took your advice. I’m at the shop right now, getting that chin piece wrapped. I’ll post pics shortly.

THANKS!

Chin piece

Couldn’t get a precise 100% match to the black plastic part below the chin piece. So, if it was going to look different anyway.......

Attachments

• 3E2CE221-BDC4-499A-B95E-5B78A453B25E.jpg
    3E2CE221-BDC4-499A-B95E-5B78A453B25E.jpg
    355.7 KB · Views: 141
Back