• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2017 NSX Stereo - Poor Bass Performance

Hello,

I recently purchased a 2017 NSX with 2000 miles. Has anyone experienced poor base performance from the stereo (lack of any real bass sound)?

I took it to the dealership and they agree it doesn't sound right, however Acura has told them that they need to compare it to another NSX before they would be able to fix it since all the components appear to be working properly. I am not expecting an award winning sound system, but this seems pretty poor. The loaner TSX they gave me blew my car's radio away... so sad....

Problem: there are not any other NSX's around to compare it to... so.... what do we do?

Has anyone else had issues with the stereo similar to mine?

Thanks in advance!

Enjoy it in the best of health

No issues with bass that I have noticed

Louder is better for this stereo

I’ve found the music source significantly impacts sound quality. Make sure Neural is on and tweak other settings. For me high quality downloaded music sounds better than most streaming music. HiFi or Master downloaded from Tidal sounds great.

Edit... I connect hardwire via Car Play. Wish there was a good place to stash the phone.

Last edited:
I recall the Bose sound system in both my 1991 and 2001 NSX were nothing to rave about. In my 17 NSX, I find turning up the volume gives a much better sound. I was pleasantly surprised. Try using system with music from a USB drive that has high definition recordings. This is a tight space to begin with. I suspect that you can upgrade the components and seek out more bass. For me personally I am always driving in Sport+ and the last thing I listen to is the music. The best sound I have ever had is in my current Volvo XC90 and it is a Bowers & Wilkins music system. It cost an extra $3200 over and above the standard system. The Volvo has the space where as I think it would be a waste in our NSX. I also hardwire via my iPhone and use Car Play. I stuff the phone in the back compartment even though it sticks out a bit. I am going to experiment and see if I can attach the phone to the inside back of the seat or somewhere by using Velcro.

BUMP - just took delivery last week and my 21 seems to lack bass.

EDIT - Wasn't sure what it was but turned on Neural mode and switched to Carplay music and sounds better, esp. when you turn up the volume.

Last edited:
For me, the trick is to turn on neural surround, decrease the front center speaker level, and crank the bass and subwoofer levels to max. As others have said, it sounds better at higher volumes, but it's still far from the best stereo (even compared to other Acuras). Luckily the engine sounds more than make up for it!

For me, the trick is to turn on neural surround, decrease the front center speaker level, and crank the bass and subwoofer levels to max. As others have said, it sounds better at higher volumes, but it's still far from the best stereo (even compared to other Acuras). Luckily the engine sounds more than make up for it!
Absolutely right - been thoroughly enjoying all the fun noises this car makes! I've done exactly what you suggested except for the center speaker level so I will give that a shot. Thanks

Back