2011 NY Tri-State Spotters Thread

Since none exited I wanted to start one....

Yesterday I saw this one

photobaj.jpg
photobaj.jpg

Also spotted a Black NA1 East on Ocean Parkway around 12p

Hmmm that car looks familiar. Where was this?

Hey Arista,

Tat and I were there autocrossing, although I had my Pcar, NSX is still in hibernation.

There are 2 more events at Tobay Beach in the next 2 months with the Porsche club put on by the Metro PCA chapter. I have posted about there events before. Check out there website at:

www.metronypca.org and go to the autocross section.

More non Pcars run than Pcars - $40 for the day for non members.

Tytus

Hey Arista,

Tat and I were there autocrossing, although I had my Pcar, NSX is still in hibernation.

There are 2 more events at Tobay Beach in the next 2 months with the Porsche club put on by the Metro PCA chapter. I have posted about there events before. Check out there website at:

www.metronypca.org and go to the autocross section.

More non Pcars run than Pcars - $40 for the day for non members.

Tytus

Whats required to run? I may be interested. Pops and I have been working all winter getting the Ultima GTR setup may be a good chance to get it out and see what it can do.

The only thing required, other than a road worthy car is a helmet but you can rent one for the day from them for $10. It must be a Snell 2000 and cannot be an M type (Motorcycle). The car has to be roadworthy, not leaking, 3/32 nds of tread and the wheels torqued to spec. There is a tech inspection you must pass in the AM and they check for the above plus everything must be removed from inside your car that is not part of the original car, unless it is properly mounted, like cameras.

You can see all the requirements on the Web site. It is lots of fun and a great safe way to enjoy your car, in 2nd gear, you never get going faster than that.

Hope to see you in the future.

Tytus

Which 996 did you have? saw a few of them. Did you have one of the ones that spun out around the second right turn? I was there in a 996 GT2. Stayed for a bit and left.

Silver Turbo, I didn't spin, yet...I didn't get to go out until about 1:00 PM and then again about 3:30.

Tytus

Watch yourselfs heading out to Tobay .... A group I wont mention is creating alot of unwanted attention for exotic car owners and LE is on high alert

Thanks for the heads up Bailey I always cruise at sub 70mph on the meadowbrook and at 50mph at the beach itself. No way do I want to pay for a ticket and points.

Watch yourselfs heading out to Tobay .... A group I wont mention is creating alot of unwanted attention for exotic car owners and LE is on high alert

Awww, you can't throw out a comment a like that and leave us hanging. What a tease! What group are we talking about here? :smile:

For the record, I was out there this past weekend. Lot more police activity than usual on the Meadowbrook and Ocean.

Awww, you can't throw out a comment a like that and leave us hanging. What a tease! What group are we talking about here? :smile:

For the record, I was out there this past weekend. Lot more police activity than usual on the Meadowbrook and Ocean.

I was in the group (passenger) that bailey is referencing. There was actually two groups participating in the drive. HOWEVER one of the two people who started the initial problems that the police were notified was not "part" of either of the groups.

Caustic if you want to know more PM me.

Spotted a SPA YELLOW/Chrome stock wheels Pre 02 NA2 on Merrick Rd today around 630p

Just got a call....

Silver NSX on the side of the LIE. Wasnt me but was it a prime member?

was on way to JFK yesterday and seen yellow 2nd gen NSX going other way towards delaware near camden exit of NJ turnpike, somebody on here?

Spotted a Red NA1 on Hempstead Turnpike going west around east meadow. Nice car

Spotted Silver Pre-02. I believe a Kaiser (whichever silver is darker) with pop ups.

You were heading North on Mt. Bethel Road, just leaving Warren, NJ heading in the Route 78 Direction on Thursday, around 6:30-7:00PM.

Also see one every day in the show room at Honda of Princeton, the used/preowned building. Silver 05.

http://www.princetonhonda.com/used/Acura/2005-Acura-NSX-T-81a57aa80a0a0002015b25a1fa03ed38.htm

Haven't taken the time yet to drop by to take a look (always seem to get off work too late or am rushing to go somewhere), but it sure looks good...

Spotted another one...most I've seen in the area in such a short time span in a long time.

Red NA1 with black top, looked like tan interior. I believe 18/19 combo of polished HP Evos. 7pm, today, turning out of kings strip mall in the center of Warren. I heard you from inside the vestibule at bank of america. Sounded very aggressive.

Can't wait to buy my own...

West bound on King St @1pm this afternoon, again I saw an early year red NSX looking clean and sharp, I was in the GT going in the opposite direction. That's twice I've seen this car, neither time in the NSX

Yellow NSX driving northbound on Rt. 9 in Fishkill this afternoon. I wish I had mine out. I'm waiting for the gravel to be off the roads a bit more.

West bound on King St @1pm this afternoon, again I saw an early year red NSX looking clean and sharp, I was in the GT going in the opposite direction. That's twice I've seen this car, neither time in the NSX
Just saw it again, heading in the other direction on King Street, about 3:45 this afternoon. Again, not in the NSX, so who are you?

Back