2010 Acura "NSX" Cancelled???

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/Honda-Concepts/236594/

Honda has cancelled the new NSX as part of a radical restructuring of its car making business.
The V10-engined supercar, which was a direct challenge to Ferrari and Porsche, would have been the most powerful production car that the company had ever produced.
Honda CEO Takeo Fukui announced the move in his end of year speech, saying that all development of the car would be cancelled. The company has also withdrawn its plan to introduce the Acura brand to Japan in 2010.
The Honda boss had previously emphasised the importance of the NSX to Honda's brand, unequivocally telling Autocar at the end of last year: "The new supercar is necessary for Honda."
Fukui had decided to concentrate on Honda's environmental credentials. He believes that hybrid drivetrains offer "the most realistic path for CO2 reduction at this moment". This means that Honda will focus its energy on developing hybrid technologies and "achieving mass market penetration as soon as possible".
The cancellation of the Honda NSX will come as a bitter disappointment to fans of the old model, which finally went off sale in 2005, after 15 years in production.

any truth to this???

hopefully they redesign the nsx successor to be MR for when it actually comes out

attachment.php

Attachments

• FAIL NSX.jpeg.jpg
    FAIL NSX.jpeg.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 1,776
Kinda saw the writing on the wall yet I was hoping it was too far along to cancel altogether. I was real interested to see how Honda engineered the car to beat the GTR and what direction they took with the styling.

Yet another still-born NSX successor. Yay Honda.

Last edited:
So...does anyone think we'll be in a sports car "depression" similar to the gas shortages of the 70's? Honda makes the best 4cyl in the industry but I hope they don't roll out a next gen NSX with a 4 banger (ie 70ish Ford Mustang). :frown:

I got first dibs on Asimo:wink::rolleyes:

So...does anyone think we'll be in a sports car "depression" similar to the gas shortages of the 70's? Honda makes the best 4cyl in the industry but I hope they don't roll out a next gen NSX with a 4 banger (ie 70ish Ford Mustang). :frown:

Doubt it, not like Ferrari or Lambo back in the 70s worried about gas mileage. Plus i hear Honda's V10 is suppose to be pretty efficient.

Also we dont have a gas shortage like they had back then.

I think so, although not primarily due to gas prices and emissions restrictions, but due to the global economy. BTW, Aston Martin is up for sale. :wink: I wouldn't buy it though.

Well, if Honda wants to go green.....then maybe if they produce a vehicle in par with like the Tesla, I'll be content with that.

If by 4 cylinder, you mean 8 cylinder that sometimes works in 4 cylinder mode I'm all for it. :biggrin:

Yay for appreciation (or at least slower depreciation).

I don't think it would have affected NSX prices much considering it was slated to be a completely different type of car. If anything it might have brought some attention back to Acuras other sports offering(s).

I think the GTR stole the thunder a bit, sort of like the xbox 360 beating the PS3 to market. Yeah, the latter may be more technically impressive, but from a marketing standpoint, it's hard to beat the first-mover advantage. Plus I have hard time believing that the Honda would have been much, if any better.

I think they are retarded to not take advantage of the heritage and following they created with the original NSX. A big, heavy, front-engine car with massive horsepower is the antithesis of the NSX.

/$.02

If by 4 cylinder, you mean 8 cylinder that sometimes works in 4 cylinder mode I'm all for it. :biggrin:

THUD.:biggrin:

FWIW, I saw a 360 Ferrari for 90k yesterday. e46 M3s are going for less than 20k and e55 AMGs are going for around 30k.

There are opportunities galore for the smart buyers.

This is good news as far as I'm concerned. I hated the idea of an NSX that isn't MR.

It ain't an NSX if it isn't all aluminum MR powered. :cool:

Dang, I was planning on buying one used in 2020 and post about 2nd gen ...:smile:

the car was ugly and no one liked it. most of the NSX fans that wanted the HSC and found out they were not going to make it and made this new ugly car ended up geting something else. I was one of the people that was going to get a HSC but when I foundout they were not going to make it I was like Z06 is my new car.

Back