2008 Nsx-r 500t

Well hello everyone! Some of you might call this post completely crazy, some of you might like the idea though.

I am so sad that they did not continue to make and evolve the NSX, so instead of feeling sorry for myself and b*tch about it, I said, hey scr*w Honda, I'll make my one of a kind next gen NSX, the way I want it to be.

Hahaha, now you must start to really think I am crazy. I don't want to buy another supercar, however I want a new NSX that hits its full potential of Supercar staredom.

So here is what I will be doing : I am in the process of purchasing a used NSX. I will basically redo everything; Engine, Suspension, Braking, Exterior and Interior Styling etc.

This might not appeal to everyone, and the choice of parts that I will use may not appeal to evryone either, but what the hell, I feel like doing this. I feel like making a Chip Foose of myself and building a one of a kind.

Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche, get ready to eat your hearts out. I want to turn this project into a real Super Car. I am aiming for Supercar looks and performance.

Now obviously this will be long and pricey. I want the car to be ready for the end of the 2008 calendar year. I have already calculated the costs and I am looking at putting around 100grand plus the price of the car. Everything will be re-done.

So I will not tell you anymore about the parts and plans as this will be revealed when the time is right, obviously I will have pics/videos/stories to keep everyone amused over the next year and a half.

And like any project of this size, I figured it needs a name. So here we go :

2008 NSX-R 500T.

What do you think??? Btw feel free to post thoughts and comments, I appreciate the honesty and integrity of the people on this board, probably one of the best i have been part of.:smile:

I know brotha`. I have been told a couple of times that I am crazy.

And I know how crazy this is, but I bet everyone on this board dreams about doing something like this.

When this thing will be done, It will be a brand new car, as if it just came out of the factory. Every part will be brand spanking new (and I mean every single part). The car's odo. will even be re-set.

I will look into the laws here in Quebec, but I would like to re-title it as a Hot Rod and therefore it can retain it's new name.

Mouhahahahahaha!

It's definitely possible but will require a LOT of talent and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$! Good luck but remember, actions speak louder than words.........:smile:

No problem my friend.

That is why when all starts, pics and videos will be a plenty.

Moneywise, like I said earlier, I am planning for 100 grand plus the price of the car.

It's not about the destination, it's about the journey, and man is it going to be fun!

Can you make it something like this???
Trev
Um, stretch that back like the Saleen, now that is stolen from an nsx for sure.
I would love to add 8" to the back of my car.

Attachments

• exotic-car-34_resize.jpg
    exotic-car-34_resize.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 581
  • exotic-car-23_resize.jpg
    exotic-car-23_resize.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 504
  • exotic-car-83_resize.jpg
    exotic-car-83_resize.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 504
Good luck. If you pull this off you'll be my new hero, like this guy.

Perhaps you and others could put your ideas together and offer this to others to help share in the development costs. Vendors could showcase some of their more unique NSX ideas as well. You guys could end up creating a whole new car:biggrin:

this is such a big project, i think you should just start from the ground up. it'd probably be easier to construct a tubular frame that'd match your concept anyway.

either way, that's cool man. i would LOVE to have the skills/time/money to do something like this. think about it all the time. it's a whole nother thing to actually do it. i wish you good luck, and i can't wait to see what you make of this. :cool:

WingZ that is a great idea!

Notickets, your project is inspiring.

Can't wait to start this, I want to make sure it is up to par with the other supercars.

It's definitely possible but will require a LOT of talent and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$! Good luck but remember, actions speak louder than words.........:smile:

You could easily do it with the estimated retail price of the nsx. 120k

sounds like an awesome idea, I look forward to seeing and hearing about your project. I only question your creditability and reality that you will actually follow thru, purely based upon your few posts on prime.

Dlynes, I am the type of person that goes through with my projects.

A little background : At the tender age of 23 I have already been a professional athlete and am now a respected professional in the area of sports performance. I also managed to complete a bachelors degree while playing a pro sport and am currently in the process of attaining a Masters and then my Ph.d. I am also an entrepreneur as I own two flourishing businesses.

Sports and science occupy most of my time but cars are my hobby!

Cheers and please anyone who has ideas or who would like to express their point of vue of what they think the project should look like then please feel free to do so!

IS THERE ANYONE HERE THAT IS GOOD IN ART AND DRAWING, MAYBE WE COULD COME UP WITH A CUSTOM LOOK!

By the way my english is not always perfect, lol, I am french!

If you are looking for a design to follow - here is my suggestion. Just add 450-500 horsepower and you will have a winner. Good Luck. Document everything and I'm sure others will follow, maybe even HONDA!

Attachments

• HSC GT1.jpg
    HSC GT1.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,934
Last edited:
Hi nray!

Interesting project! As a physicist, mathematician and an NSX enthousiast who appears to live near Montréal PQ,

il me ferait grand plaisir de pouvoir vous aider !!!

( translation for our friends here who aren't familiar with Molière's language: I'd be pleased to help you )

You can PM me.

How far would you like to go?

Create a new Honda engine? ( A V8 out of two 4L ??? I'd love to see that ... )

I know some very talented mechanics who did impressive things with 300 hp+ modded Civics ...

Are you inspired with the HSC design or the original NSX one? ( or something else ... )

You certainly know that the ultimate NSX is the GT1 @ more than 650 hp ... ( who competed at the 24 hours race of Le Mans in 1994 ... )

500t is for 500 hp turbo?

Good luck!|

P.S. I must admit, the HSC picture presented by NSX-D is gorgeous ( the major problem with the HSC design was its ugly tail design ... )

Damn, I had never seen the HSC. THat is wild.

Anyone know a good body shop that could make that kit custom?

Anyone know how difficult and expensive te put a F1 style paddle transmission?

Ein, then again, Paddle shifters do take the fun out of it, don't they???

Is there not a body kit with a front like that HSC?

Hey take a look at these cars : McLaren P11, Farbio GTS and Ascari.

I think we have found some designs, mix those 3 w/ HSC and the old NSX and voila.

I'm glad there are those that like the HSC GT1 version and I also recommend the NSX GT1 twin turbo - one of two cars created for the Le Mans race in 1995. There is a "Best Motoring Video" that shows the car in action for about 15 minutes. I highly recommend to everyone to get a copy of that DVD. The DVD is titled "Roaring V-TEC - The Battles at 10,000 RPM". I wish Honda would have offered a detuned version of the NSX GT1. Again, best of luck and please document everything. If I were to chose a motor package, look into the LOVEFAB turbo package.

I'm glad there are those that like the HSC GT1 version and I also recommend the NSX GT1 twin turbo - one of two cars created for the Le Mans race in 1995. There is a "Best Motoring Video" that shows the car in action for about 15 minutes. I highly recommend to everyone to get a copy of that DVD. The DVD is titled "Roaring V-TEC - The Battles at 10,000 RPM". I wish Honda would have offered a detuned version of the NSX GT1. Again, best of luck and please document everything. If I were to chose a motor package, look into the LOVEFAB turbo package. :cool:

As far as a bodyshop that specializes in one-offs, check into 5-axis designs. The do a lot of work for the SEMA show and they work well with carbon fiber.

Back