2007 European NSX event !!!

I suggest this:
Every year I and some car friends go on Driving Trip to the Grand Ballon near Mulhouse in the Alsace. We strop by the Nurburgring for a while then drive a few of hours south on the Autobahn to the Alsace.
The Grand Ballon area in the Alsace has hundreds of great driving roads. Castles and views too.
There are no caravans because the roads are not principle roads. They are some of the best driving roads in Europe. Like the Nurburgring ten times over.

Personally I go there to chase motorcycles.

All the motorcycle guys go there, thousands of them. There are lots of restaurants on the passes and at the ski area on top. Because it’s not in the high mountain there are plenty of alternate roads to take and plenty of nearby towns to stop at. Most towns have storks so all you tourists are happy.

There are no police and no houses so it is safe to really drive hard.

We stay for a week in cheap hotels or those huge caravans with a kitchen etc. There are houses and cabins to rent too.

Mostly the weather is great.

The Bugatti museum in Mulhouse is defiantly worth a day and is air conditioned.
Colmar is touristic.
There is an open air museum too.
The Rhine is close.
There is a REALLY big ski area up at the top to display our cars. There are plenty of restaurants up there. Hundreds of people hanging around up there in the sun too.

Germany (Black Forest) is close enough too, and one time we even drove to the technical museum in Sinsheim.

Switzerland is a little further south but we don’t go there, too restrictive.

I suggest doing this because it gets the Ring, the Autobahn, the Grand Ballon area all in one trip.
It is really central.
It is touristic AND gives everybody a chance to piss their pants while driving on the greatest driving roads in Europe chasing sportbikes.

BTW, our next trip starts on Wednesday Sept 13th to Sept 17th 2006 (next week). We have some room left over.
Going: NSX, 2 Lotus Elises, Cosworth Sierra, etc etc…

Peter

710 said:
I suggest this:

It is touristic AND gives everybody a chance to piss their pants while driving on the greatest driving roads in Europe chasing sportbikes.

For once it sounds like a great idea to piss my pants :biggrin:

Your suggestion is not bad at all.

Regards

710 said:
Switzerland is a little further south but we don’t go there, too restrictive.

BTW, our next trip starts on Wednesday Sept 13th to Sept 17th 2006 (next week). We have some room left over.
Going: NSX, 2 Lotus Elises, Cosworth Sierra, etc etc…

Peter

Agree on the this one. Switzerland is a piece of sh*t to drive an NSX. :( Excellent suggestion. Thumb-up!

UhUhUh! Please let me know what day you are in Mulhouse or Black Forrest. :)

goldNSX said:
UhUhUh! Please let me know what day you are in Mulhouse or Black Forrest. :)
Well we will be driving down Wednesday and will arrive in the late afternoon at the camping Le Source in Wattwiller. It is about 15 minutes north of Cernay.
Wattwiller is between the Grand Ballon and Cernay (closer to Cernay).
This is all north of Mulhouse in France BTW.
When we arrive, we will take a couple of runs up the mountains then return to eat something.

We are there until Sunday, when we drive back home.

The camping (actually not a camping, it’s full of those mobile home trailers, we rent a few) is actually on one of the mountain runs. In the morning we are awakened by the sound of lots of sports bikes tearing up the hill past our camping. Sweet. It gets the blood going and for once I don’t have any problem getting out of bed!

We have some room left if you or anybody else wants to drop in. You should bring a blanket or sleeping bag or something. But we have enough of everything else there already, like food etc. Try to bring Walkie-Talkie type radios. We are always short of them. The mobile homes cost about €50 for 5 nights or something ridiculously cheap like that. There is a pool and restaurant there but generally some of us cook something up for everybody and we just divide the costs later.

I will PM you my GSM telephone number.

If we are not there if/when you arrive, call. We will be in the mountains. It’s a very easy area to reach so sometimes we come back to the camping for a swim or car repair etc.

If you come in the evening, from our site you will hear the sound of car and rally and racing DVDs or videos being played almost constantly. Besides bringing a TV, videoplayer, DVD player and car DVDs and car videos, we also bring stacks of car magazines from the UK, Holland, Belgium, France and the States.

As a general rule we don’t allow girlfriends/wives unless they bring their own car. But if you want to, nobody is going to say anything bad about it.
It’s because all they do is complain about our fast driving and get bored of all the car talk and in the hills they throw up. There are two girls coming this year, with a Porsche and a Lotus I think. That’s ok of course. One of the girls is fast, she has great special awareness and can drift a car etc. The other one wants to learn to drive, catch motorcycles and pass them etc. I think they will be there again this year.

BTW, cars ARE faster than bikes. You will see it over and over again this week. Cars are clearly faster than bikes.

Some people only come for a couple of days or even one day. Most stay longer tho. It is pretty gezellig and easygoing. We have no planning or organisation. So we won’t know if/when we go to the Black Forrest, if ever. Maybe.
In all the years we have had these trips, never once has there been an argument or disagreement. It’s very laid back and relaxing, kind of like therapy with cars.

One guy is bringing a VW diesel Beetle, it’s slow but it doesn’t matter, he has fun too. And one guy is coming on his Ducati motorcycle. Everything is ok. It’s for motorheads.

We do this twice a year, BTW. And off season so there are no screaming children anywhere.
Peter

PS: leave your radar detector at home, we have arranged to have no police in the whole area again.:biggrin:
Also make sure you have good brakes and tyres. You will leave a lot of brake dust and rubber up there.

710 said:
As a general rule we don’t allow girlfriends/wives unless they bring their own car.
:D

710 said:
PS: leave your radar detector at home, we have arranged to have no police in the whole area again.:biggrin:
Also make sure you have good brakes and tyres. You will leave a lot of brake dust and rubber up there.

Sounds like the preparation of the g*mball rally to me. :tongue: :D

i think i can join this meeting together with some other X drivers.

3-5 NSX in total..... :biggrin:

we need to fix the date asap.

Hong NSX, pm sent to you

BTW I just heard that the Bugatti festival is in the area the same time as we are there…as some of you know, that area is Bugatti Land. As mentioned before there is a really big Bugatti Museum in Mulhouse.
Lucky timing (for us I mean, maybe not for them :biggrin: ).

PUBLIC day: Saturday. Centre of Molsheim (near Strassbourg). All the participants show their Bugatti at the market plaza at 4pm. One of the three ‘Royale’ will attend!

HISTORICAL DAY: Friday the 15th. Birthday of Ettore Bugatti. l'Hostellerie du Pur Sang Molsheim and Castle of St.Jean in Dorlisheim (near Strasbourg, 100km distance from our camping). Model41 (‘Napoleon’ , the private car of Ettore) will attend.

SIGHTSEEING: (1) Castle St.Jean (used by VW for customers who want to pick up their new Bugatti. [http://www.bugattirevue.com/revue20/molsheim.htm] [http://www.ot-molsheim-mutzig.com/f_bugatti.html#] { Mairie de Dorlisheim}
(2) Factory is located near that castle. I have not yet applied for a factory tour. Maybe next year on our way down on Wednesday?
(3) Festival centre: Hostellerie “Pur Sang” [http://www.ot-molsheim-mutzig.com/f_bugatti.html]
(4) Family residency of the Bugatti family: { Caveau de la Famille Bugatti; Cimetière Communal; Grand Rue; 67120 Dorlisheim}

SPA sound best option still to me.
There you have little bit room to make mistakes..
My friend is also intresting to coming to the meet with his Subaru Impreza
(~450hp)!
He is big fan of trackdays :biggrin:

Anything new information :smile: ?

-pegi-

Maybe we can rent an old race track anywhere in Europe for a meeting.
Not a modern high tech circuit which cost a lot of money, just a nice small track where we can run a few laps in moderate speed :rolleyes: and can hold some small talk.
Under the link you can find a list with all circuits in Europe (sorry only in german, but with Altavista babelfish it should works in every language http://babelfish.altavista.com/).

http://mypage.bluewin.ch/rennstrecken/STRECKEN/SKARTE01.HTM

If someone is known about some tracks, some impression would be welcome.

Maybe it's better to book a track somewhere central in Europe. Nurburgring GP circuit? Just like the European ITR Expo.

4_640.jpg

This is the US ITR Expo

If we can get sponsorship from Honda Europe and maybe invite some European (NSX) tune shops, give Dethlef a stand... Maybe the Honda R&D team can give a demo with their race car. I believe the GT300 NSX is still in Europe?

Downside, it won't be free. The European ITR Expo costs about 200-300 euro's (per car). I don't know if it's possible to gather more then 30 NSX's for the event. If so, booking a track isn't a bad idea.

Whatever the plan may be, it's always smart to contact the European NSX club; www.nsx.ch
They have a list of their members with adresses and everything.

NSXPO:
9476285-L.jpg

NSX Fiesta
1104fparade.jpg

01fiesta08.jpg

Hello dimer

thanks for your input

THere is one thing i don't think we should do. BEGGING for money at honda Europa !!. Why do you think you could get some money off them?? What is there and our WIN-WIN chance?? Please take notice off my experience whit other clubs. We have to be self supporting at this event, and we do not have to make this expensive. It hass te be an event for everybody and not for the elite in the group.

greatings ronny

Well, looks like we should be able to arrange an NSX Fiesta for 2007 in EUROPE.

From official Honda side, I dont would expect some help.
(I know some of the official Honda managers, my last discussion with one of them I had 2 weeks ago )
The NSX story is over for them.....its an old car, no longer in production.

Also the plan to spend a day visiting the Honda R&D technology center is not to realize, because its a top secret zone, we dont will get the permission for entry.
Surely I can ask again if all is going concret, but thats the actual status.

Nürburgring or SPA would be fine, enough place for a larger number of cars, even Dirk’s advice for rent a smaller track is a good option.
Even Hockenheimring is an option, a safe GP circuit.
(They dont have a F1 GP next year)

Maybe we should contact the Honda Club in Switzerland and ask about next years plans.
But it looks like they stopped all activities.

A 2 or 3 days meeting (Friday – Sunday) should be the best solution, the most of the guys has a long trip to go.

I surely can offer my help, but I dont have enough experience and not that time to organize such an event with all details.

Honda-ronny said:
Hello dimer

thanks for your input

THere is one thing i don't think we should do. BEGGING for money at honda Europa !!. Why do you think you could get some money off them?? What is there and our WIN-WIN chance?? Please take notice off my experience whit other clubs. We have to be self supporting at this event, and we do not have to make this expensive. It hass te be an event for everybody and not for the elite in the group.

greatings ronny

Agree on this.

2-300 Euro (like for the ITR) is too much IMO. Better to have things small at the first event. Adding things is easier than taking some away here. No wonder, Honda Europe is not interested. What can they expect? Not more than a group photo of all participating NSX's. It has to be an event for us, not for Honda. :)

Something we need to do is work out how we can contact or notify as many NSX owners as we can.

There is NSXPrime.com

There is the UK club, the NSXCB.co.uk

There is the Swiss/Euro club NSX.CH

Are there any other NSX clubs in Europe? And can we make contact with them? What about NSX owners who are not on Prime or in a Club? Can people here with contacts with Honda dealers let customers know when they have their NSX serviced?

Can we get some notices in car magazines etc? Maybe put together a special website?

Obviously the more people know, the more may come.

Personnaly, I like the Nürburgring + Alsace or Germany option. As you pay the Ring lap per lap, we can meet there and people who wants to go on the track can do it. For the other, there a lot of things to do (Porsche museum, F1 track, etc..). Then a day in Alsace or somewhere in Germany (highway cruising + small roads) would be nice.

j14nsx said:
Something we need to do is work out how we can contact or notify as many NSX owners as we can.

There is NSXPrime.com

There is the UK club, the NSXCB.co.uk

There is the Swiss/Euro club NSX.CH

Are there any other NSX clubs in Europe? And can we make contact with them? What about NSX owners who are not on Prime or in a Club? Can people here with contacts with Honda dealers let customers know when they have their NSX serviced?

Can we get some notices in car magazines etc? Maybe put together a special website?

Obviously the more people know, the more may come.

I have an address-list here of about 30-40 people with NSX's from the following countries (in the order of quantities): Swiss (25), German (5), Dutch (3), Belgium (2), Austria (1). Most Swiss guys are NOT in the nsx.ch-club I believe.

Who are the people you'd like to attract? NSX owners for sure. But do you like to get some visitors too? If no (my choice) things keep simple, if you feel that there must be more hot chicks on that day you have to advertise in nail-studios and hair-dressing-salons. :D And finally we don't have THAT well-known cars to arange a fiat-day, sorry http://www.ferrariday.com/cms/cms/front_content.php?idart=39&idcat=11&lang=2. Don't forget it's always much easier to attend a meeting (fun-factor) than preparing it.

A website needs updating to be attractive enough to visit. (2004 (!) expo :)) This argument counts for a NEW website and nsxprime.com. My suggestion is that the first page of nsxprime.com should be revised finally with a link to this forum or a NEW forum.

To inform people just use the internet like this forum and reagional forums. If someone really wants to join he'll read or hear it somewhere orelse next year. I don't like the idea of forcing someone to an event. This is also a reason why the 25 Swiss people mentioned above didn't founded a club because it's unnecessary overhead to keep it alive.

Way talked to much as usual. :)

I will be over your way next summer visiting friends for 2 to 3 months, without my nsx. I would like to meet up with your group at one of your stops. If it is OK.
I will keep a watch on this sit. I like the ideal of a larger posting on Prime. There may be other people like myself.

j14nsx said:

Maybe one to add to this circulation list is www.pistonheads.com who already arrange their Eurotrips for modern and classic cars.

Has any idea of dates been decided yet as I'm about to book for Le Mans 2007 (as I'm sure others are) and would like to know if this will combine with this weekend or be a seperate event.

regards

Why not invite some Honda-clubs?
Most Honda-owners will like the idea, and we had a great time with our group during the Honda-meeting in Austria last summer.

We did get lots of respect over there! :biggrin:

again, www.nsx.be , meetz and greetz for some pictures...

Sounds like publicity for my site... :biggrin: NOT!

nsxronny said:
Why not invite some Honda-clubs?
Most Honda-owners will like the idea, and we had a great time with our group during the Honda-meeting in Austria last summer.

We did get lots of respect over there! :biggrin:

again, www.nsx.be , meetz and greetz for some pictures...

Sounds like publicity for my site... :biggrin: NOT!

I like the idea but I see a problem of dealing with 500 instead of 50 cars. IMO the first time it's better to keep things small. But besides that WHO (volunteerly) likes and has the time to organize this event in detail?

Who started this topic? Dutch nsx? But off course he will need some help...

organize a European Honda Event (NSX in the spotlights) and see things big,

or.... and now some brainstorming...:cool:

NSX only and just do what we do with nsx.be: Plan a date and meeting point, and organize some things to fill a weekend together

Nothing official, just meet and greet as nsx-friends, lot's of fun...

For example, on saturday: arrival, meet eachother (who is who?), taking pictures, visit some stuff (sprint-meeting, some cultural things, i don't know...) and have fun as a group in the evening (Belgian beers...)

And the next day: cruising! a trip through the Ardennes for example, or luxemburg, or the Eiffel in Germany, with some stops for photoshooting...

Let's start this first attempt with a simple meeting-weekend,
I don't see why we should meet at a racing circuit!?

Okay, so far my brainstorming session... I've a bad headache now :biggrin:

Back