2005 LBBP Scam

Guys,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but on ebay there are two 2005 LBBP NSX's with only 2300 miles on them. The pictures are the same pictures in each add. The first one looks like a dealership has it, the other private party. If indeed this is another scam, the con man isn't that great to try and sell his fake next to the real one with the same pic's.:rolleyes:

Guys,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but on ebay there are two 2005 LBBP NSX's with only 2300 miles on them. The pictures are the same pictures in each add. The first one looks like a dealership has it, the other private party. If indeed this is another scam, the con man isn't that great to try and sell his fake next to the real one with the same pic's.:rolleyes:

I guess I am ignorant to scams & ebay and such so excuse my question.....
How in the hell does one sell a fake NSX????

Oh they are not selling fake ones, they are selling real ones for $8850 buy it now........ Only if you are an approved bidder though.

Classic quotes from the scammer

"This vehicle is available for purchase at anytime. If you are interested in this vehicle just email me *** *** You can own this car only for 40k *** "

It is also that new color they offered ........2005 ACURA NSX ABYSS BLUE

I guess this is one of the smarter people, he set his buy it now at 40K.

Wire me $8,500 through Western Union for the very rare 2006 Brooklands Green NSX that I have sitting in a warehouse in Spain. I'll then have the car shipped to you and can drive it for a week. If you don't like it, ship it back to me and I'll give you your money back. :biggrin:

Wire me $8,500 through Western Union for the very rare 2006 Brooklands Green NSX that I have sitting in a warehouse in Spain. I'll then have the car shipped to you and can drive it for a week. If you don't like it, ship it back to me and I'll give you your money back. :biggrin:

Yea...Ok....well anyone that falls for something that deserves to be parted from their $$$

These teasers to "Special/approved auctions" are set with a low buy it now just to get you to click on the link to check it out. It will usually open another window (a Phish/spoof that looks just like an Ebay sign in page) that requests you to type in your username & password again.

They then hijack your account and run a couple of fraud auctions as if you were doing it. The items are typically lower cost things like music equipement, with a good but not suspiciously good "buy it now" price. Somebody buys it, pays, and gets screwed.

I'd rather take my chances with a Saigon whore.
Should have tried the ones in DaNang

These teasers to "Special/approved auctions" are set with a low buy it now just to get you to click on the link to check it out. It will usually open another window (a Phish/spoof that looks just like an Ebay sign in page) that requests you to type in your username & password again.

They then hijack your account and run a couple of fraud auctions as if you were doing it. The items are typically lower cost things like music equipement, with a good but not suspiciously good "buy it now" price. Somebody buys it, pays, and gets screwed.

I had something similar happen but I clicked on the ad and e-mailed the person "selling" the item with a question.

But eBay's "Safe Harbor" program caught it quickly enough and e-mailed ME and asked if I'd put up a couple of items for bidding. When I told them "No" they immediately cancelled those auctions and told me I should change my eBay password.

Back