2004 Red/Red on cars.com JH4NA21684T000056

Re: 2004 Red/Red on cars.com

Or it could just mean it
was traded in at a Lexus dealership and auctioned off to an Acura dealership.
The red car above may have been a lease return, that would put it back at a dealership right? Why would it go to auction?

I have generally found the best cars change hands through private party sales with complete history. For what its worth.......

Last year I passed on a 30k mi. Silver Ivory. (A car I really wanted)
Main reason? It had been through an auction, had front / back paint work the current owner did not perform. Plus no History prior to Auction.

Again, this may just be me............:tongue:

I pretty much gave up retailing NSX's, I'd rather run them at an Auction and we are the country's 3rd Largest Certified Acura dealership. Too many picky, know it-all-customers, that like to give me a lesson or two on how to sell NSX's and what they are really worth:biggrin: Beside's they seem to sell for more money wholesale than retail:confused:

Many times you can have a local Acura dealer run the VIN and get all the history. If there is history.

Though, lately, dealerships (especially Pcar) are refusing to give out this info because they say its private info.

Thats why you need connections brotha:biggrin: Anything Honda or Acura related is no problem:wink:

Kid, agree 100% not an easy car to buy, or sell.
And yes I am picky.:redface:
With shipping from NJ, the Silver Ivory would been about 35k -37k. (forget)
Without the paint work on both ends, limited History & auction background I would have grabbed it. Most cars I could care less, but to me these cars are just a bit special. And with so many fine examples out there, why take a chance?

Kid, agree 100% not an easy car to buy, or sell.
And yes I am picky.:redface:
With shipping from NJ, the Silver Ivory would been about 35k -37k. (forget)
Without the paint work on both ends, limited History & auction background I would have grabbed it. Most cars I could care less, but to me these cars are just a bit special. And with so many fine examples out there, why take a chance?

That silver/ivory car was/is a rat. I wouldnt have bought it. I agree on that car but the fact that a car was sold/bought at auction....has no relevance:wink:

Thats why you need connections brotha:biggrin: Anything Honda or Acura related is no problem:wink:

Then you can hook a brotha up??

Mitch, I know you have been looking for that car.
I posted about the car a yr ago Feb. (I was looking too)
Was all set, Larry B checked it out for me, a body shop looked at it.
Just could not pull the trigger.
Have a super nice 60k driver now, was looking for a Garage queen.
Lack of history, Auction, Paint work just kept me from going forward.
No regrets.

I got excited when Gregg was selling his, until the rebuilt / salvage title part killed that. I thought I was going to get my 'unicorn'. :(

That silver/ivory car was/is a rat. I wouldnt have bought it. I agree on that car but the fact that a car was sold/bought at auction....has no relevance:wink:

A perfect opportunity to restore her to her former beauty. :cool: :wink:

I got excited when Gregg was selling his, until the rebuilt / salvage title part killed that. I thought I was going to get my 'unicorn'. :(
Since this thread has already been "jacked", you should know that Gregg's car went to a very appreciative new owner. His car may have been salvaged, but it was restored properly and cared for by a meticulous owner and now has a new owner who will love and appreciate it as well.
Step on in here PoohBear and let the doubters know what a "salvaged" NSX can be!!!!

Back