2004 E55 AMG, entering my garage this weekend :)

I will post a full review of how much fun I have with this car this weekend, I take delivery on Saturday, should be sweet :D

Maybe it will hold me over until the HSC finally emerges...I won't tell my NSX how much HP it has, perhaps my NSX will just be content thinking it is an E320 ;)

Congradulations on the new addition you lucky bastard.......make sure you post pics. The nsx will never know if its a 320 or e55 if you de-badge it....lol just dont let it see its tail pipes.

Congrats... I am anxious to hear your review. From what i have read, it is FAST as SH*T, but it really doesn't do anything else extremely well and the braking feels strange.

I hope in 4 years to pick one up :)

PS. Maybe you should buy your NSX a SC for X-mas so it doesn't feel bad.;)

That's awesome. I posted a video of an E55 AMG beating a slightly modded 03' Cobra a few days. It's definitely FAST! Congrats!

-Awais

NetViper said:

PS. Maybe you should buy your NSX a SC for X-mas so it doesn't feel bad.;)

That's a good idea :D

We were looking for a four door car, that would satisfy my desire to drive fast with her desire to have more than two people in the car, the E55 fit the bill!

Nice choice!! My 430 clk comes off lease in 7 months and I'm probably going to pick one up myself. i'm very interested in your thoughts on it!!
Thanks
Paul M
95 nsx-t
02 430 clk
04 lexus rx330
(all black)

NetViper said:
Congrats... I am anxious to hear your review. From what i have read, it is FAST as SH*T, but it really doesn't do anything else extremely well and the braking feels strange.

I have a 2000 and have been extremely satisfied with the handling and braking (and, of course, the power). If the newer ones are similar to the first generation, you will love the overall package especially with the power boost.

must be nice...

If you don't mind me asking, what do you do for a living?

tararan said:
must be nice...

If you don't mind me asking, what do you do for a living?

I don't mind, I am in the MP3 hardware business, there is more info on that in my profile :) There is also an off-topic thread where I am offering discounts on said devices to NSX Prime members :D

Before I bought my 03 CLK55 I had a ride in an 03 E55 AMG in England. This car is unbeileivabley fast, the torque is amazing, Im not sure if the car is detuned due to emmisions laws in the U.S but it'll still be a rocket. I would have bought the E55 but I already have 4 door.

Also looking at a E series, but the horror stories about the CPU's and other factory defects are just plain scary. IMO its the best looking sedan made!!. Hoping these issues are in the past and the 03 bugs are worked out.

Keep us posted would ya Jonathan!

I would like to get one, but i'm in the wait and see mode right now......

Jonathan said:
We were looking for a four door car, that would satisfy my desire to drive fast with her desire to have more than two people in the car, the E55 fit the bill!
congratulations on the new toy...

Am just curious -- what other sedans did you consider, and why you elected to get the W211 E55 ??
- Audi RS6
- BMW M5
- Jag "R" (not sure if really in same class)

Personally I'd love to see a high-power sports wagon option -- RS6 Avant, or M5 Touring.

nsx1164 said:
congratulations on the new toy...

Am just curious -- what other sedans did you consider, and why you elected to get the W211 E55 ??
- Audi RS6
- BMW M5
- Jag "R" (not sure if really in same class)

Personally I'd love to see a high-power sports wagon option -- RS6 Avant, or M5 Touring.

We considered the M5 and the 545 in addition to the E55 (as well as an S class also). Here is how our decision was made:

1) We like our CLK a lot and our previous experience with BMW was good, but not as good
2) We needed an automatic for her (which took out the M5 as far as I was concerned)
3) Don't care much for the look of the RS6
4) Really dislike Jaguar, everything about them really turns me off, other than the design, which is traditionally pretty nice
5) The S class Benz was too big for us

Which left the E class looking pretty good, and the E55 being generally irresistable :D

In case your not aware of the AMG Owners forum make sure you join. Alot of valuable information on the site.

www.amg-owners-club.com

Watch for the posts by Ronald (He's the nsxtasy) of the AMG forum.

Hope you have fun with your new ride.

Johnny

Well, the smile is pretty permanent still as I have finally come in from driving the E55 for the past several hours. Picked it up today around 6:30 PM, and we have been enjoying it ever since.

Currently, I have zero complaints about the car, it is wildly impressive. I am looking forward to putting enough miles on it over the next week or two to really jump on it, but even with the fun we had today, it was worth it, an amazing ride to say the least.

It has an excellent growl, wicked toque, excellent comfort, handles tight, very smooth, and very nicely done for interior/exterior design, I am impressed.

Wow.

A fantastic addition to the family to say the least :D

I will take some pics of it when the weather improves later this week.

Jonathan

Sorry, the weather here in the Bay Area has really been crappy this past week, looks like it might be picking up a bit and then I can try to grab some decent pics.

JS

And I already got a ticket, precisely one week after taking delivery! :mad:

54 in a 40, lame. In the 3 1/2 years I have had my NSX, I have never even been pulled over, 7 days in the E55 = ticket4me.

Oh well, the cop was 'nice enough' to compliment the car repeatedly whilst handing over my ticket, he said "Isn't this the one with that god awful horsepower? Something near 500? It sure must really move, and wow is it beautiful!" For a second I thought I might get off, then I got the "sign here, and have a great evening" pitch.

D'oh.

JS

Jonathan said:
And I already got a ticket, precisely one week after taking delivery! :mad:

54 in a 40, lame. In the 3 1/2 years I have had my NSX, I have never even been pulled over, 7 days in the E55 = ticket4me.

Oh well, the cop was 'nice enough' to compliment the car repeatedly whilst handing over my ticket, he said "Isn't this the one with that god awful horsepower? Something near 500? It sure must really move, and wow is it beautiful!" For a second I thought I might get off, then I got the "sign here, and have a great evening" pitch.

D'oh.

JS

Jonathan to the officer " yeah it has the monster under the hood, want to see"
Officer "sure"
Monster feed. Ticket problem solved. :D

PS. can you please post some pics?

Well, I snapped one lone image, I will take some more, this is of the Silver 'brigade' (minus the H2 which was in the garage, and not really silver freshly detailed by Vytas for a wrap). His Integra is on the right.

More E55 photos soon :D

Silver_Cars%20003_sm.jpg

Last edited:
Back