2004 Acura TL

Just came from the test drive and intro to the new car.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289080007&code=6540880&mode=invite

fb0df5c5.jpg

LED dash lights

I was asked by one of the TL Moderators to take down the photos temporarly so that they could be water marked with the acura-tl.com logo...pics are working again.

Last edited:
good-stuff

pssst... anymore spy shots of the 'cute acura rep'...??? ;)

i dunno the dimensions of the new gen' TL, is it smaller then the current gen'? (wheelbase, overal length, etc)

Last edited:
Re: good-stuff

Osiris_x11 said:

i dunno the dimensions of the new gen' TL, is it smaller then the curren gen'? (wheelbase, overal length, etc)

the cabin looked a bit tighter but overall the car is the same.Check Acura-tl.com for more info.

Bailey,

When are we going to be able to buy this car??

John

Re: good-stuff

Osiris_x11 said:

i dunno the dimensions of the new gen' TL, is it smaller then the current gen'? (wheelbase, overal length, etc)

I *think* I recall reading that the new TL has a shorter wheelbase, it's wider and taller, but overall length is also smaller. I do know for a fact the trunk is smaller... so Mr. Wolf will not like that...

I think it looks pretty sweet, maybe because I was expecting to be disappointed, but overall, I dig it.

I never really thought Mustangs and BMWs looked similar, but I suppose that's possible, just at opposite ends of the 'similarity spectrum' :D

If those two cars look similar, then perhaps the BMW is what it should be and the Mustang is a poor attempt at flattery.

jadkar said:
Bailey,

When are we going to be able to buy this car??

John

Oct 1st its suppose to hitt showrooms.....the 6 speed manual with the custom wheels and Brembo Brakes will come a month later.....This is what the rep told me.

POWERED by HONDA said:
How did you score this drive? :)

Did you get any shots of the Brembo brakes?

The silver with the factory 18" and sport package body looks NICE.

They did not have a 6 speed available for show.They were suppose to get two but who knows what happened to those two cars...but the two manuals were pre-production models.So maybe the design was changed and they did not want to show it.I was told those two cars were available in Cali for there demo drive and show there......I need to move to Cali aka the NsX capital....The drivers couldnt stop talking about the Nsx and what a great car it was but when i mentioned NsxPo they were clueless.

Ride and Drive

I drove the new TL in the dealership comparisons this morning. Wow, this car ROCKS!!!! It is by far the finest sedan Acura/Honda has ever built. Its fun, its responsive, handles beautifully (if you know me, you know I drive like a maniac) Accelerates, brakes and steers like nothing else in its class. Get this, the 6 speeds will actually get BREMBOS! Thats right kids, brembos will be on that puppy from the factory. I might add that the 8 speaker 225 watt surround sound audio system and the voice command HandsFree Link Bluetooth phone set ups were not too shabby either.
270 horsepower and 238 lb-ft of torque, 24 valve, VTEC, enhanced with cold-air induction, and uses the drive by wire throttle system.
The numbers were 0-60 in under 7 seconds
Anybody for a little road trip?
:D
Susan

I think it looks sweet.

The concept used air to keep the windshield dry in a storm.. did they ditch that idea? I thought it was cool

Acura NsX Pilot said:
They did not have a 6 speed available for show.They were suppose to get two but who knows what happened to those two cars...but the two manuals were pre-production models.So maybe the design was changed and they did not want to show it.I was told those two cars were available in Cali for there demo drive and show there......I need to move to Cali aka the NsX capital....The drivers couldnt stop talking about the Nsx and what a great car it was but when i mentioned NsxPo they were clueless.

Nsx Servie Girl drove one, so one is there.....

I read the Car and Driver, and they were driving that at Bremerton, WA.. so I found you the lost 2 Manuals??

:cool:

NSXDreamer2 said:
Nsx Servie Girl drove one, so one is there.....

I read the Car and Driver, and they were driving that at Bremerton, WA.. so I found you the lost 2 Manuals??

:cool:

Im not trying to start an argument here but...she only stated that "Get this, the 6 speeds will actually get BREMBOS! Thats right kids, brembos will be on that puppy from the factory",they were gonna offer a 6 speed manual with a Brembo brake package....which was stated earlier by me anyway....and as far as the two manuals they are still in California.

Here is the schedule for the rest of the test drive tours.

New York/New Jersey Hilton Rye Town 9/17/2003 - 9/18/2003
Philadelphia DuPont Country Club 9/22/2003 - 9/23/2003
Washington, D.C. Pier 5 Hotel 9/25/2003 - 9/25/2003
Columbus Hyatt Regency 9/29/2003 - 9/29/2003
Atlanta Chateau Elan 10/1/2003 - 10/2/2003
Orlando Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin 10/6/2003 - 10/6/2003
Miami Diplomat Country Club & Spa 10/9/2003 - 10/9/2003
Los Angeles Four Seasons Newport Beach 9/9/2003 - 9/10/2003
Houston Intercontinental Houston 9/16/2003 - 9/16/2003
Dallas Hilton DFW Lakes 9/18/2003 - 9/18/2003
Chicago Marriott Northwest at Hoffman Estates 9/22/2003 - 9/23/2003
San Francisco Hotel Nikko 10/2/2003 - 10/3/2003
Seattle Westin Seattle 10/6/2003 - 10/6/2003

04 TL

Actually there were two 6 speeds there, but I drove neither. One they had put the total body kit and upgraded wheels on. I was told that the Yokohamas that I saw on it might not be the performance tire that will be offered though. Sometime this weekend I will get the pictures uploaded that we took.;)
Susan

Wow, I really like the look of it! It does remind me of the TSX. Can't wait to see it on the roads....

Re: 04 TL

Nsx Service Girl said:
Actually there were two 6 speeds there, but I drove neither. One they had put the total body kit and upgraded wheels on. I was told that the Yokohamas that I saw on it might not be the performance tire that will be offered though. Sometime this weekend I will get the pictures uploaded that we took.;)
Susan

I was told that the 6 speeds were the pre-production models...the wheels were one of the best ive seen on a stock acura.I hope they keep the same set up.

Back