2003 viper and supercharged na2 nsx fun

I still want a piece of your Viper. Roll and stop :biggrin:

hey snakey don't worry bout all the Manginas in here with sand in their chachis getting on their high horses.. half of them post moron level posts every now and again too, but don't get jumped on for it. Actually, i'm not saying yours was moron level, just that they seem to think so. I like hearing a trash talker get shut down.

Thanks guys..

Yea that Viperalley site is rough. the ting is that if you dont have atleaste 550 rwhp or atleaste running 10's then you are a nobobody on that site. Theve got SEVERAL guys running 9's over there and a few 8's and even 7 second guys..

As well theve got many guys theere who dominate road courses ect.

So me beating a supercharged nsx really means nothing to them what so ever..

Now the ViperClubofAmerica site is more for the normal viper owners who arent setting world records ect. and just enjoy the car and is very comparable to this site as far as maturity ect.

As to that race with the love fab at 400 rwhp...I have a hard time belieaving it would beat me. Im thinking that viper in the video just wasnt driven great..

3000 pounds and 400 rwhp vs 3400 pounds and 475 rwhp...Well maybe since that car actually has the weight reduction and that 400 pound advantage it would be close. But Id have to see it to belieave it

heres what my viper did and what my nsx did and friends nsx did...

The following cars have been tested at the same location useing my FX2 timer

-98 supercharged auto camaro=14.9 at 93 mph( best ever at drag strip=15.1 at 91 mph)

-stock 2004 auto corvette=13.3 at 105 mph(best ever at drag strip=13.5 at 104)

-stock manual 2005 nsx=13.1 at 107 mph( no drag strip runs)

-1991 supercharged nsx at 330 rwhp=13.1 at 113 mph (no drag strip runs)

-stage1 auto E55AMG=12.5 at 111 mph (best ever drag strip 12.7 at 110 mph)

-Mild head and cam auto corvette=12.6 at 113 (best ever drag strip=12.8 at 111)

-1999 Viper stock 410 rwhp=12.4 at 117 (no drag strip runs)

-1999 Viper with bolt ons/aem tune at 445 rwhp=12.0 at 121 mph (no drag strip runs)

-1997 Supra with Big Turbos at 700 rwhp=12.0 at 126 mph (no drag strip runs)

-2007 Z06 with intake/cam and tune 500 rwhp=11.93 at 123.5 mph (no drag strip runs)

-2009 GTR with SP built turbos at 620 awhp=11.68 at 128.6 mph (no drag strip runs)

-2003 Viper with mild bolt ons and 476 rwhp=11.67 at 122.7 mph (no drag strip runs)

As you can see the nsx's just had a LONG way to go to match my viper and the supercharged nsx and viper were both with me driveing..

So no way I belieave a supercharged nsx at 400 rwhp is gonna be a match..

But from what ive gathered the nos nsx's and turboed nsx hit with power very low in the rpm band and they seem to be faster rwhp vs rwhp when compared to the superchargers that hit later in the rpm band..

So maybe a 400 rwhp turboed nsx is a totally differant ball game?

so the vipewr guys are saying my kill is bs unless I race him again with him in front

Looks like rematch time

The CTSC doesnt add that much weight. Look up the weight reduction threads. The added weight of the SC is offset largely by the parts that come out/are replaced.

That said... yeah... a Viper SRT10 is quicker than an SC NSX. Thats news somehow?

Better hope he doesnt decide to sell his NSX and just buy an LS7 Z06. LOL... what will you do then?

I mean none of these cars are particularly expensive or difficult to acquire, and all of them are pretty nearly stock.

At least if he was in a vehicle with very similar power/weight you guys could be comparing who is the better driver (or shifter, I guess, since this is a straight line drag) Otherwise, isnt it just a little pointless?

I mean literally anyone on this forum with an NSX could, by definition, own a Vette or a Viper effortlessly... I mean REALLY easily. Or a 911 Turbo for that matter. So the "arguments" seem particularly idiotic. Its just personal preference what one enjoys driving and pure numbers (ie: power:weight ratio) dont lie.

With the way so many guys wrap their ego into something as ridiculous and predictable as straight line acceleration numbers you'd think they engineered and built the car! LOL

Im always reminded of a guy I know who owns a Boxster because he REALLY loves it... The guy makes *easily* $700k/year on a BAD year and is probably sitting on $10M. Its always funny when the trash talk starts about what a "chick car" the Boxster is (from ignoramouses) or how "slow" it is from guys who have Vetters, Vipers, Stangs, Supras, GTRs or whatever when we're at a drive or "car guy" gathering. He laughs it off and takes it in good fun. Of course... He could buy a McClaren F1 tomorrow and shove it directly up their @$$, but he doesnt want one and his ego isnt wrapped up in his car ;)

Last edited:
Nice reinforcement of my thoughts mlambert. I feel the same way. It's not hard to go fast and you can spend less than $10,000 on sportsbike to do ~11 secs or a used turbo 4 cyclinder (so many different cars) + mods to reach 12-13 secs. The difference between a NSX and any current to date Corvette or Viper is the elegance and refinement you sense when you own and drive the NSX. There are not many cars that will give you the feeling and pride that an NSX will bestow if you truly own one and have any sense of design and engineering. This is not to knock the Vette or Viper, cause there is no doubt that they perfomance monsters.

I will say this though, the Boxster is pretty much a chick car though, only because it's a convertible. What man drives a ragtop convertible? lol jk. I have seen more men want and drive the boxter than women compared to other drop top convertibles which are pretty much all chick cars :P

Jeez, some of you guys get a little defensive. Snakey, thanks for the post. I love hearing about someone who thinks their car is faster, just because they want it to be. So many of them refuse to do simple math. You can give them numbers like 475hp vs 400hp, or $50k vs $15k, or 3000lb vs 4000lb and they refuse to budge until they see your tailights.

Years ago, BMW and Audi owners refused to believe my modded Solara could beat their E36 M3s and S4s. It never mattered to them that I had more hp and less weight. All that mattered was their cars had better reputations than mine, so they were sure they could beat me...until they didn't.

The CTSC doesnt add that much weight. Look up the weight reduction threads. The added weight of the SC is offset largely by the parts that come out/are replaced.

That said... yeah... a Viper SRT10 is quicker than an SC NSX. Thats news somehow?

Better hope he doesnt decide to sell his NSX and just buy an LS7 Z06. LOL... what will you do then?

I mean none of these cars are particularly expensive or difficult to acquire, and all of them are pretty nearly stock.

At least if he was in a vehicle with very similar power/weight you guys could be comparing who is the better driver (or shifter, I guess, since this is a straight line drag) Otherwise, isnt it just a little pointless?

I mean literally anyone on this forum with an NSX could, by definition, own a Vette or a Viper effortlessly... I mean REALLY easily. Or a 911 Turbo for that matter. So the "arguments" seem particularly idiotic. Its just personal preference what one enjoys driving and pure numbers (ie: power:weight ratio) dont lie.

With the way so many guys wrap their ego into something as ridiculous and predictable as straight line acceleration numbers you'd think they engineered and built the car! LOL

Im always reminded of a guy I know who owns a Boxster because he REALLY loves it... The guy makes *easily* $700k/year on a BAD year and is probably sitting on $10M. Its always funny when the trash talk starts about what a "chick car" the Boxster is (from ignoramouses) or how "slow" it is from guys who have Vetters, Vipers, Stangs, Supras, GTRs or whatever when we're at a drive or "car guy" gathering. He laughs it off and takes it in good fun. Of course... He could buy a McClaren F1 tomorrow and shove it directly up their @$$, but he doesnt want one and his ego isnt wrapped up in his car ;)

funny that you shoukld mention what would i do if he bought the LS7 z06 2006-current..

I would walk away from him quite easily..

heres me at 476 rwhp vrs my friends cammed C6Z06 at 500 rwhp..Weve raced about 20 times and sometimes we are dead even and sometimes he pulls a car length or in this case a 1/2 a car length..

Again the a C6Z06 at 500 rwhp..Id have absolutely no problem with a stock 445 rwhp one...

I may only have 476 rwhp but Ive also got 512 torque at the wheels... Ive got a light weight hood and light weight fly wheel and light weight underdrive pulley ect...car is around 3350 pounds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oFj4KokUQg

Enjoy

MLambert.....I dont know if you noticed but I have a nsx and viper..I like them both and my nsx was supercharged and i know exactly what they are capable of..

As far as any nsx owner being able to afford a srt10 viper or C6Z06..Not quite true brother...Many people on here recently purchased a 91 or 92 nsx for 19-23K..Theve wanted one for years and finally were able to afford it..

that is half the price of a 2003 srt10 viper or 2006 c6Z06. Again you cant speak for everyones situation..

Then you have guys here who paid 90K for a 2005 or suckers like me who spent 35K for a 91 nsx in 2008 if I wopuld have known what I know now i wouldnt have spent more than 29K)

In the big picture despite what people spent they are all the same..

i remember years ago when i took my brand new 2004 vette to the drag strip and thought i was the man in my 52K car..Then 3 more vettes rolled up that all looked exactly like mine..One a 97 the guy paid 24K used and the other two were in the 2000's that the owners pain in the 30's for used..

I vowed that day that I would never buy a brand new car again..

So i am in know way knocking guys who spent 19-23K on a 91 nsx. they are smart as hall. But i assure you not every nsx owner can spend 40K plus for a used srt10 or C6Z06 let alone 70-80 K for a new Z06 or 85-110K for a new viper..

Makeing such a bold statement on your side can not be justified

Here is the thing about lots of torque early in the powerband, can you keep your car from spinning the wheels? The one thing I do love about my NSX in its current form is it doesn't spin its wheels much from a dig. I can take off rather easily and not miss gears or spin wheels to much. That is one advantage of the high revving setup of the nsx. I feel pretty good about taking any Viper on a road course track as well. Hell, even a corvette guy will get squirelly on the turns and lose his rear end more than I will. Honestly, you can never say a car will win or lose without getting the drivers out there. The drivers make all the difference many times.

.......So i am in know way knocking guys who spent 19-23K on a 91 nsx. they are smart as hall. But i assure you not every nsx owner can spend 40K plus for a used srt10 or C6Z06 let alone 70-80 K for a new Z06 or 85-110K for a new viper.....

I think I'm pretty smart.

I got my 93 NSX with less than 35k miles (clean carfax and no accidents - from a friend) for $24k.

it filled my 2 objectives for NSX:

1. OBD-1
2. Coupe/hardtop

For some reason I got the GTO with 20k miles and a 75k extended GMPP warranty with $10k worth of supercharger, intake and exhaust mods for the same price.

And then I sold my FD with 250k miles for $15k.

I must be the messiah of getting good deals on cars........

This post on page three of Viper Forum is classic:
"your videos are awesome next phase...I never thought i would see a Oompa Lumpa owning a viper. Guess johnny depp gave you a bonus.

ha ha ha..Thanks man Im tornado over there..I hate that midget bastaddd

Back