2003 Lease

Originally posted by NSX04Hopeful:
They have one in Yellow w/ yellow. They can get a red w/ tan but I was set on the blue metallic. What color do you have and have you seen the red and/or blue in person?? Apparently there are very few 03's left. My dealer to told me the 04 was going to be available in a few months but there would be "few changes. a slight facelift". He also said the 05 would be the change to the production line steel frame "new" style NSX and that this would not hurt the value of the current NSX's. Any thoughts??

Yes. I think your dealer is telling you what they think it will take to make sure you buy the car they have, rather than the one you want. And most of what they are telling you is simply not true.

The fact is, there are plenty of 2003 NSXs out there. (Liars!) They haven't been selling all that well because they haven't offered incentives on them yet. You should be able to find one in the color you want, not the color your dealer happens to have. Your dealer can look up inventory nationwide, but is probably unwilling to do so because they're afraid they'll lose your sale or they're afraid they will have to pay another dealer something in order to trade or buy the other car in the color you want.

All information has indicated that the 2003 NSX will be the last year available, and that after that, there will be an all-new NSX, probably 12-18 months from now. There will not be another facelift in 2004. (Liars!) And no one can guarantee what effect the new NSX will have on the current NSXs. (Liars!)

Q: How can you tell when a car salesman is lying to you?

A: It's whenever you can see his lips moving.

Back