2003 Imola Orange/Orange at Stevens Creek

NSX-GUY said:

As far as looking like any other 911 on the road goes, well, there aren't all THAT many 911's around but to the discerning eye it's hard to miss the front and rear spoilers and the scoop on the side. We've noted these differences before. The NSX has far more visual appeal that the Turbo (turns heads MUCH quicker).

Yes, I agree. Contrary to common criticisms of 911 turbo that it shares similar looks with other porsches like carreras, I actually found that the wide rear and side scoops actually do make very strong presence compared to other porsches. If you do get 996 TT, I suggest you use aftermarket springs which will lower the height of the car by about anywhere from 1.3-1.7. I heard they make really big difference in terms of visual appeal. But even with aftermarket springs, I'm sure stock NSX is still lower by about 3-4 inches :)

Re: Re: Re: Im so jealous!!

NSX-GUY said:
"Brand Spanking New" ???

Pardon me if my memory is fading (It's a bitch getting old) but didn't you (among others ?), a few months back, when discussing the Brand New '02 deals at around 72-75K, argue that a car, even with so few as under 1K miles was no longer "new" ?

If you will recall the discussion more clearly - I'm sure the Forums Nazi would be happy to locate it for you - a car is "new" if it has never been titled. Sometimes a new car ("brand spanking new") may have some miles on it due to test drives at the dealership. It is still new. Once a car has been titled, that means someone has taken it home to do with as he pleases, and the period of the warranty starts ticking.

The previous discussion was about a car with similar mileage (~100 miles), that had been titled (which makes it a "used" car, not a "new" car). Although the owner wasn't putting additional miles on it at the time, almost a year of its warranty period had already passed.

P.S. I bet your middle name is "Wise". :D

Re: Re: Re: Re: Im so jealous!!

nsxtasy said:
If you will recall the discussion more clearly - I'm sure the Forums Nazi would be happy to locate it for you - a car is "new" if it has never been titled. Sometimes a new car ("brand spanking new") may have some miles on it due to test drives at the dealership. It is still new. Once a car has been titled, that means someone has taken it home to do with as he pleases, and the period of the warranty starts ticking.

The previous discussion was about a car with similar mileage (~100 miles), that had been titled (which makes it a "used" car, not a "new" car). Although the owner wasn't putting additional miles on it at the time, almost a year of its warranty period had already passed.

P.S. I bet your middle name is "Wise". :D

Thanks for the compliment. (grin)

Had I recalled the discussion more clearly perhaps I wouldn't have made that post, however, I think there is a fairly distinct difference between a car with less than 100 miles and a car with 691, warranty period and titling notwithstanding.

Damn '03 NSX lease at $799 is BACK on the Acura website. Now it goes until end of June.

Now I've got another couple of months to stew over NSX vs 996TT. RATS !!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Im so jealous!!

NSX-GUY said:
Had I recalled the discussion more clearly perhaps I wouldn't have made that post, however, I think there is a fairly distinct difference between a car with less than 100 miles and a car with 691, warranty period and titling notwithstanding.

I thought the mileage was less than that when I glanced at the odometer. I see from the eBay listing that it appears twice, so I assume that your figure is correct. My error, my apologies.

No sweat Big Guy.

(Now I really CAN (finally) say "We ALL make mistakes" (LOL))

:D :p :D :p :D

Back