2003 Imola Orange/Orange at Stevens Creek

I was in San Jose yesterday and stopped by Stevens Creek Acura. They had a beautiful '03 Imola Orange Pearl NSX-T (46 miles) with orange interior on the showroom floor. I couldn't stop looking at that car! It was in perfect condition other than the driver side rear running light being loose as a result of a cracked plastic clip on it. I spoke with the sales manager about the car and pointed that out to him. In our conversation, he said that they have a lease special on the car. It's $1500 down and $800/month for 36 months. That's all I was told. I don't know much about leasing but given that leases on a NSX require a high down payment, this one was incredibly low.

I have no ties with the dealership or the sales manager. Just letting our community know about it. I can give the name of the sales manager if need be since he was really nice to talk with.

I was sent a brochure once by Acura telling me about a new lease plan they had. Similair #'s for down payment but the monthlys were a little higher but the mileage was 7500 per year!!

That is correct on the lease, but you can forget the Imola at Stevens Creek. It's sold. I was going to buy it, but it was sold before I got there, he who hesitates loses. I should have picked it up when I first saw it two weeks ago. I'll tell you this, if you have not seen the Imola Orange in person then you have not experienced the elegance of this color. Photo's do not do it justice. Anyway on with the search. :D

8uviper said:
I'll tell you this, if you have not seen the Imola Orange in person then you have not experienced the elegance of this color. Photo's do not do it justice.

I agree. I'm fixated on silver NSXs but desire to get a Monte Carlo Blue or an Imola Orange NSX in the future. I saw the blue and liked it better than what I saw in pictures. I've seen pictures of the Imola Orange but after I saw this car in person, I fell in love with this color. The orange interior I also like.

BTW, there's an '02 Imola Orange/Orange on Ebay right now with 691 miles on it. The auction says it's an automatic but the pictures show a 6-speed. It's been relisted since the reserve wasn't met.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2412925414&category=5337

Vytas said:
desire to get a Monte Carlo Blue or an Imola Orange NSX in the future. I saw the blue and liked it better than what I saw in pictures.

If you like the Monte Carlo Blue, check out the Long Beach Blue in person - I think you'll like it as well.

Vytas said:
BTW, there's an '02 Imola Orange/Orange on Ebay right now with 691 miles on it. The auction says it's an automatic but the pictures show a 6-speed.

The VIN also says it's a 6-speed.

I talked to Stevens Creek early last week and was considering the Imola NSX there but since I have never seen the color in person, I had anxiety that I would not like it once it was delivered. So I decided on the Long Beach blue instead. As far as I could tell, I got the last 03 Blue/Onyx. There is a Blue/Camel in PA left also (Bobby Rahal Honda/Acura).

I took advantage of the lease deal...and to clarify, it is $1599 total due at signing (1st payment and security deposit, no cap reduction). You need at least $1k more up front to get into just about any other lease out there. I agree that the miles are somewhat low at 7500 but it's only .15/mile for any miles over that. That's the same cost per mile as an RSX or Civic which seems pretty cheap to me and that's only if you turn it back into the dealer. We all look at things differently...just my .02

Andy
awaiting delivery of my 03 Long Beach Blue

If you're still looking for a Imola, there has been an ad in Autoweek for several weeks for a '03 Imola/Imola. Doesn't give any other details, so don't know asking price, manual, auto, etc. Ad says to ask for Kevin McGrath at 1-800 MY ACURA. It is a very simple ad, but I believe it is in IL. They are also advertising a '02 Blue and '02 red.

Later

Im so jealous!!

Does anyone know how much the Imola at Stevens Creek was sold for? I would be so jealous if the person who bought it got a good deal aroudn 72-3k. I am not talking about lease. For some reason, I think it would be very hard to get a good deal like 72k on Imola/imola combo due to its popularity. One on the ebay had the buy it now price was 75k, which I think is quite good. Anyways, let me know if anyone knows whether the person got a good deal on imola.

ascot71 said:
If you're still looking for a Imola, there has been an ad in Autoweek for several weeks for a '03 Imola/Imola. Doesn't give any other details, so don't know asking price, manual, auto, etc. Ad says to ask for Kevin McGrath at 1-800 MY ACURA. It is a very simple ad, but I believe it is in IL. They are also advertising a '02 Blue and '02 red.

Later

Can you tell me the website for autoweek?? It's not autoweek.com (which seems to be something like edmunds.com) Or is autoweek a some sort of a magazine or book? If I were to shop for new NSX on the web, my primary search engine would be autotrader.com and ebay. Any other good sources can you guys tell me???

AutoWeek is a weekly magazine (and a darn good one - much more timely than the monthlies - highly recommended). You can find it in the major bookstores and newsstands. Their website address is indeed http://www.autoweek.com

If I were to shop for a used NSX on the web, my primary search engine would be:

NSXprime.com
nsxsc.com
NSX Classifieds
autotrader.com
cars.com

I consider eBay way too risky.

8uviper said:
..if you have not seen the Imola Orange in person then you have not experienced the elegance of this color. Photo's do not do it justice.

I slow down to catch a long glimpse of this particular Imola Orage every time I drive by Stevens Creek Acura... It is simply stunning. I should've stopped in to take a closer look.

They also had the new blue there few months ago and I did the same slowing down routine when I drove by... ;)

be careful of Stevens Creek Acura....they are liars....I bought a beautiful 99 NSX Monte Carlo Pearl Blue from them and they screwed me on the lease......

:D I picked up the Blue '02 in February. :D
8000RPM said:
They also had the new blue there few months ago and I did the same slowing down routine when I drove by... ;)
I didn't have a bit of a problem with this dealership. In fact, the transactions was very smooth. Made a deal over the telephone, flew to San Jose and the salesman picked my wife and me up at the airport. No haggling involved :D - we were in and out of finance in less than 20 minutes. The Finance Mgr. never even tried to sell us an extended warranty or anything else. The contract was written exactly as the deal made over the phone with the salesman. The car was topped off w/fuel and ready for the trip back to So. Cal.
kinnsella said:
be careful of Stevens Creek Acura....they are liars....I bought a beautiful 99 NSX Monte Carlo Pearl Blue from them and they screwed me on the lease......

TODAY is the last day of the published lease special of $799.

Anybody know by any chance if it will be extended ? (I'm not ready to pull the trigger yet. Still deciding between '01 996 TT and the NSX [sob])

8000RPM said:
Is there a lease special on the 996 TT also?

I'd imagine that it would cost a lot more than $1500 down and $799/mo to acquire the turbo... no?

No. No "specials" on the Turbo. Note: It is an '01 Turbo (not new) and I am looking for $999/mt, 0 down, 36 months. I've found a few. They're almost all Tiptronic and I want a stick or they're colors I can't live with for 3 years.

I've been putting off leasing the '03 NSX in hopes of finding the TT I want and since today is (apparently) my last chance at the NSX I was wondering if they will extend the offer. (but I think I'm "sold" on the TT lease though)

NSX-GUY said:
No. No "specials" on the Turbo. Note: It is an '01 Turbo (not new) and I am looking for $999/mt, 0 down, 36 months. I've found a few. They're almost all Tiptronic and I want a stick or they're colors I can't live with for 3 years.

I've been putting off leasing the '03 NSX in hopes of finding the TT I want and since today is (apparently) my last chance at the NSX I was wondering if they will extend the offer. (but I think I'm "sold" on the TT lease though)

I think 999 /month for 996 TT is really good. Speaking of 996 TT, I was at downtown chicago earlier this morning and spotted a silver GT2 in the parking lot. I really liked how it looked.. it looks so much more aggressive and sporty than 996 TT... except it was an automatic. As I was checking out the car, the owner came out of the building and I had a chance to chat with him for like 5 minutes. He told me that it is 911 turbo with GT2 conversion job. To my surprise, GT2 conversion only requires replacing only front bumper and fixed wing, which costs about 11k :eek: I thought it would be nice to share because it's the first time I saw GT2 exterior in real life and I like quite a lot.

01TT vs NSX

NSX-GUY said:

I just went through this excercise with a good friend/co-worker of mine. He loved my NSX, is coming out of his second Boxster, and wanted something different. He test drove the NSX, loved it, was all set to lease one, and then took his wife to go for a drive in it. She loved the car, but had trouble getting in and out of it, wanted seat warmers, and thus put the hex on the NSX. After much soul searching, my friend decided that he'd get a new C4S instead of the used TT. I've driven another co-workers' 01 Twin Turbo, loved the feel, the rush, the sound, the interior was nice, but the exterior looks like every 911 on the road. My final bit of advice to my friend was to buy/lease the car that gets the most emotion out of you, the one that you want. Let's face it, in this category of car, it's purely an emotional purchase. Nobody "needs" this type of car, it's impractical.... But, that being said, buy/lease what stirs your soul, not the guy in the office next to you (unless he's making the payments).

I've had my NSX for 3 months now, I have 2,400 miles on it, and am enjoying every minute behind the wheel. The lease offer may or may not be extended, it's a great opportunity, but only if it's the car you want!!! IMHO

Re: 01TT vs NSX

RPM217 said:
...buy/lease what stirs your soul, not the guy in the office next to you ...

Amen to that!

If the 996 TT lights one's fire more, then one should definitely look for the right 996 TT that matches one's needs - no matter how appealing the NSX lease special is...

;)

Re: Im so jealous!!

s14silvia said:
I think it would be very hard to get a good deal like 72k on Imola/imola combo due to its popularity. One on the ebay had the buy it now price was 75k, which I think is quite good.

Yes, I saw that one today. It's brand spanking new. The link is here.

Re: Re: Im so jealous!!

nsxtasy said:
Yes, I saw that one today. It's brand spanking new. The link is here.

"Brand Spanking New" ???

Pardon me if my memory is fading (It's a bitch getting old) but didn't you (among others ?), a few months back, when discussing the Brand New '02 deals at around 72-75K, argue that a car, even with so few as under 1K miles was no longer "new" ?

All,

Thanks for the help and advice. I had a '98 Yellow NSX for about a year and loved it. Loved the look, style, speed, handling and especially the sound of the engine right behind my head when accelerating.

I had an '83 Porsche 911 Turbo. Liked it a lot, except for the long lag time of the turbo and the quirky handling of the rear engine.

Turbo lag has been mostly eliminated byt the "twins" and the handling is tamed by the AWD. And the sound, which I've come to learn is fairly important to me (my '02 M3 sounds like shit), is terrific in the TT.

As far as looking like any other 911 on the road goes, well, there aren't all THAT many 911's around but to the discerning eye it's hard to miss the front and rear spoilers and the scoop on the side. We've noted these differences before. The NSX has far more visual appeal that the Turbo (turns heads MUCH quicker).

Anyway, you guys are right. It's the TT that gets my blood racing at the moment (check back in the fall (grin)), the Acura website no longer has the special lease on the NSX listed, so I guess I've let "time" make my decision for me (grin).

(Anybody want to buy a burgundy '00 CLK430 Cab or a Phoenix Yellow '02 M3 Cab ???)

Back