2002 Silver, 42K miles

I am considering buying a 2002 Silverstone with 42K miles. 6 speed, clean title. Car is near perfect. Not sure on the maintenance yet, but will check this out. Is $40K a good price? Any opinions?
Thanks!

i believe 40K is a very good price if the car is as clean as you say it is. make sure to get a copy of the carfax and have a dealer/nsxprime members do a PPI on the vehicle.

even without the major services being done tb/wp and clutch, the vehicle is still a pretty good deal.

That is a smokin deal...

Better jump on it quick... since you let the world of NSXer's know about it.

If it checks out, it seems like a great deal, especially from a dealer.

Keep us posted....

Don't worry, I'm content with what I have.

It's silver and the price is 40k, but the OP says the one he's looking at has 42k miles, not 20k.

Then chances are the one you mention has to have something wrong with it. Or there's a smoking deal out there that none of us have been able to find. However, when you disect his posts this still sounds like a pipe dream.

I am considering buying a 2002 Silverstone with 42K miles. 6 speed, clean title. Car is near perfect. Not sure on the maintenance yet, but will check this out. Is $40K a good price? Any opinions?
Thanks!

I want to see a link to where you found this it sounds like a to good to be true type of thing I really feel that car should be 45,000.

If it is the the same car.... a rebuilt or salvage type title... that changes the playing field.

That ends up back in the would you buy a rebuilt or salvaged title car? It definitely dings the value, which is ultimately decided on what somebody is willing to pay.

On the other hand, if it is the same car, it is rebuilt enough to put another 20k and on odometer in a hurry.

that nsx listed in san mateo is looking beautiful! props to op if he can make away @ 40k

Yea, i saw that one too.
Ive also been looking. Living in chino hills, CA, i think for this car i will travel coast to coast for a good one. With that said, I think the average price for a 02 up is around 48K or so from what I have seen.

The last one could be it. That's a new one on the market. The price isn't bad - service???, then pay taxes = caching at 7% min. So that ain't the end of the story. If a dealer has it chalk up taxes!

Not bad though even at that.

The car I am considering is being offered by a friend who is very wealthy. It is not being advertised. It is not a salvage title. I came here asking for advice because I've been seeking "the right" NSX for some time.

Regarding the "village idiot" comment, that was not very nice. However, it appears that I am a much smarter than you for scoring this car so cheaply, right? So, what's that make you? Yeesh, what a jerk! I'll sell it to you for $55k, how's that?

To all the rest, thanks for your constructive comments.

Last edited:
Back