2002 NSX times (1/4 mile) with 4.235 gears

I am sure you all have seen my times in the past
12.85 @108 1/4 mile
8.3 @ 87 1/8 mile
60 ft 1.95
The times above were on the track in Bowling Green KY with 100% humidity and 90 deg temp.

I ran a G Tech to see how accurate it was and the results were as follows
12.84 @108 1/4 mile
8.33 @ 87.4
60 ft 1.94
4.4 sec 0-60

So the G Tech is on the money.
The times above were no Nitrous on street tires (285-30-18 SO3's).
Same night at the track, with nitrous was 11.6 @120 (NX 100 hp wet kit).

Well I have had the 4.235 gears and NSX-R diff installed and it was well worth it.

12.47 @ 109 1/4 mile
8.02 @ 90.2 1.8 mile
60 ft 1.90
4.02 sec 0-60

No Nitrous, same tires, 70 deg with low humidity. Well worth it to me. It did cost a bit over $2000.00 bucks.

My 2002 NSX T is at 2940 pounds with 1/4 tank of gas. I will have about 70 pounds off in 2 weeks with the new brake kit (ZMIbrakes.com).
I will then go to the track with cup tires by Hoosier (285-30-18's), like a drag radial. I will run both tire set ups, with and without nitrous.
I hope to see 12.30's on the motor and 11.2's on the Nitrous (100hp NX wet kit). Who knows maybe even a 10.99 @ 120 plus, now that would be nice.........

Holy smoke! proof that the NSX can still hang - and if it is modified (not too expensive,) you will give them hell.

AJKS said:
My 2002 NSX T is at 2940 pounds with 1/4 tank of gas. I will have about 70 pounds off in 2 weeks with the new brake kit (ZMIbrakes.com).

70 lbs of unsprung, rotating mass. I'm sure your 60' will improve. I always felt the most change in acceleration of rotating mass in the launch. big 18"s seem to take forever to get up to speed, smaller lighter setups feel so much more responsive. Good luck! and let us know the results.

92NSX said:
:eek: I had no idea the little car could go that fast!! Was that all motor or a little happy gas involved?

No Nitrous on the 4.02 0-60. When I get home and have some time to do some runs, I will post the 0-60 with the Nitrous. I would say with Nitrous the NSX will be in the 3.6-3.7 second range 0-60. I use Nitrous in first gear so that helps alot. I have also been runing Nitrous on cars for the past 15 years so I have a few runs under my belt.
The 11.6 1/4 @ 120 = an est 3.7 seconds 0-60.....

Was the first 12.8 run bone stock? I'm new here, so I don't know your car...

If modded, can you list please?

Thanks,

PJ

SCdS2K said:
Was the first 12.8 run bone stock? I'm new here, so I don't know your car...

If modded, can you list please?

Thanks,

PJ

Yes, I believe it was a stock run.

I'm really excited about those numbers, I just spoke to Chris at SOS yesterday and I'm most likely gonna do the same conversion to my car. I can't wait to see how it will run with that, and later a FI solution :)

I do have one question though, how are you getting 0-60 in 4.04 seconds (stock) That is the fastest I have ever seen posted. That is as fast as a Type R, and that's BEFORE you converted to Type R gears:confused: :confused: Are you doing a "destroy my tranny" launch at an extremely high RPM?? and what about your clutch, when you had the tranny out you did replace it, right? or was it already replaced? if so what type do you have?

Like I said, I want to do this to my car and my goal is to mimic your setup, hence all the questions :D:D

Thanks,
John

Very impressive times...makes me consider selling my RX7 and going back to a NSX...

billandderrickcarshowfrtside.JPG

The NSX is not weak, not one bit, not even close. Motor Trend ran a 2002 NSX back in Febraurary of 2002 on their machine and got a 0-60 time in the 4.6s range. Tell me how I am not going to smoke you if you are not driving a sport car such as 996TT, Lotus Esprit, 360 or Z06, (stock, no mods cars?) Even then, at the end of the day, I still am going home in one of of the best looking, most reliable car on the market.

Add the Viper and the GT3 in the list of cars that can beat the NSX around its price range. How much is a GT3 anyway?

NSX/MR2 said:
Add the Viper and the GT3 in the list of cars that can beat the NSX around its price range. How much is a GT3 anyway?

The GT3 is absolutely amazing....and it'll beat every car mentioned in this tread on the track* ...M.S.R.P. is $99,900...which isn't bad at all considering it the lastest from the greatest:D ...*very technologically advanced.*

NSXTASY_MD said:
The GT3 is absolutely amazing....and it'll beat every car mentioned in this tread on the track* ...M.S.R.P. is $99,900...which isn't bad at all considering it the lastest from the greatest:D ...*very technologically advanced.*

Good luck in getting a GT3 for under $99,900. Last time I looked they were going for $150,000 or so....
Yes out of the factory it would beat a factory NSX, but both being modified.....well, I will leave that one alone.

Back