2002 Nsx $45k

I just wanted to get the opinons from this forum on purchasing a 2002 nsx. The seller price is 45,000 for an red 2002 nsx w/ 6,300 miles. it has either a salvage or rebuilt title from San Bruno California. Supposely it was a theft recovery where they stripped the front end for the parts. everything else is fine according to the seller and it now has a new Cantrel GT front and all factory body panels from acura. he said he has all the papers for the rebuild also.

Also, what is a good transporting company that deals with the nsx will the truck need a lift or is an open carrier fine.

Is the car red?

I do recall the seller sending me pictures of the car when I inquired interest on it. I'll tell you that it deserves a salvage title. Ask the seller to send you the picture of the car when it was sitting in the "junk" yard. The seller changed different story of why it had a "salvage" title. The last time was that he claimed the car had a "little" bumper to bumper accident in the parking lot.

If you're willing to pay that price for a salvage title, then go for it. Good luck.

Spend 45k on a well kept older non-salvage NSX.
No matter how little the "original" damage, the salvage attached to title is worse than the damage, especially when it comes to selling the NSX when you are done. IMO.

Im not sure either he told me that it was stripped to my recollection. may be i should wait for the 2007

I called in asking about a 02 nsx with about 7,000 miles. Found out it was a salvage title. From personal exp and being in the autobody industry for serveral years. Anything salvage, you should stay away from. You save some $$$ now but will pay it back later on.

I dont think you can even insure a Salvage title for comprehensive and collision. You can only get liability. I guess if you search around you can find someone to insure it, but then if there is a loss, how can you argue what the car is worth given there was a total loss on it at one point. I just went through getting a total loss on my Legend GS, and I learned that the car had to have 80 to 85% damage/vs. value of the vehicle. On a $65k NSX, that is at minimum $52k of damage!!!! that's a lotta wrong things with that car.

my two cents.

P.S. my legend got salvaged due to the stupid insurance Company only valuing the car at $6k (when it is really worth $9.5k) and compared with an inflated $5.2k repair estimate ($4.8k for new tranny and $400 bumper cover repaint). plain stupid.

he doesn't want to sell it anymore.

Back