2002-2005 cars ~ How many are left pt.2

All you garage queens need to get out and drive. Seems like alot of folk aren't listening to your lament. Love it :tongue:

I actually do drive my '02 as often as the weather permits; just turned 60k miles.
The '05 is a garage queen for the time being...... still on the fence with this one ;)

If its true that the nsx2.0 will be a paddle shift auto, I will not be getting it and will be looking for an 02-05 to add to my stable

My car is the way the NSX Gods intended it to be made, with 3 pedals!!!

Flame suit at the ready!!!!

Amazing work to put this spreadsheet together.. Thank you!!

I would love to know how many cars fit the following criteria:
- exterior color: red, black, or white
- interior color: black or tan
- manual trans
- mileage: under 20,000 miles
- year: 2002-2005 (if you can list by year, that would be great)
- stock / no modifications

Project ran in to a halt via Autocheck - all our accounts got suspended for "commercial activity" and we got nasty emails from them :(

Autocheck also doesn't list interior colors or transmission (although you can figure out the transmission by the VIN number)

My guess is someone would need to purchase a commercial license to get that level of detail and report.

I would assume just telling them you're compiling a report based on the rarity of the vehicle as an enthusiast for a person project does NOT warrant a commercial account, and that you demand your account to be reactivated immediately.

I would assume just telling them you're compiling a report based on the rarity of the vehicle as an enthusiast for a person project does NOT warrant a commercial account, and that you demand your account to be reactivated immediately.
You would assume, but alas that was not the case. They pretty much told me that I was lying to them and was clearly using my account for commercial reasons.

I talked to managers and supervisors over the phone and I told them exactly what you just wrote in your post, it didn't help. According to their policy it is not ok to run a report from a personal account if you do not intend to buy the vehicle.

At the end we got stuck somewhere with 2001 cars but all the 2002-2005 are done!

still commend this work, outstanding.

hey Paul, dont forget to move my 05 from IN to NY when you have a chance :)

I talked to managers and supervisors over the phone and I told them exactly what you just wrote in your post, it didn't help. According to their policy it is not ok to run a report from a personal account if you do not intend to buy the vehicle.

At the end we got stuck somewhere with 2001 cars but all the 2002-2005 are done!

Your intent is to compile a report in order to determine the best vehicle to pursue as a collectible. :)

Honestly, just for the principal of the issue, I would file a BBB claim and right an extensive letter to Sr. Leadership of AutoCheck. The burden of proof is on them to show otherwise, and you're certainly not SELLING the reports or using them for commercial reasons.

- manual trans

For now our database isn't sophisticated enough to answer your question with this many details. According to what we know today I tell tell you that:

According to Autocheck, January 2012 and all the information i acquired from Ebay, cars.com, autotrader and Prime:

There are 86 manual cars from 2002 with under 20k miles
There are 64 manual cars from 2003 with under 20k miles
There are 101 manual cars from 2004 with under 20k miles
There are 148 manual cars from 2005 with under 20k miles

This adds up to 399 cars from 2002-2005, this number includes all cars ( totalled, exported, modified to point of no return and etc).

Colors you want, production numbers:

Red/Black: 15 from 02 + 7 from 03 + 12 from 04 + 20 from 05 = 54
Red/Tan: 15 from 02 + 15 from 03 + 20 from 04 + 22 from 05 = 72
Black/Black: 20 from 02 + 18 from 03 + 18 from 04 + 43 from 05 = 99
Black/Tan: 7 from 02 + 4 from 03 + 4 from 04 + 12 from 05 = 27
White/Black: 3 from 02 + 0 from 03 + 1 from 04 + 4 from 05 = 8
White/Tan: 3 from 02 + 1 from 03 + 1 from 04 + 1 from 05 = 6

This adds up to 266, I can't give you an exact number but I would say that less than 100 from the bunch are going to be nice, stock, unmodified, accident free and under 20 000 miles

I hope this helps, Paul.

Your intent is to compile a report in order to determine the best vehicle to pursue as a collectible. :)

Honestly, just for the principal of the issue, I would file a BBB claim and right an extensive letter to Sr. Leadership of AutoCheck. The burden of proof is on them to show otherwise, and you're certainly not SELLING the reports or using them for commercial reasons.

If you saw the emails we got you wouldn't dig any deeper, I am very happy we were able to complete all 2002-05 ;).

Last edited:
My car just turned 50k miles, I drive it rain or shine, if the occasion calls for it, I'll take it out of the garage. Since it is going to be a keeper, I will drive it as much as I need to because everything is fixable.

- manual trans
A good amount of this information (eg. ext/int color combos by year) is already available in the Wiki in the "Learning about the NSX" section under "Production Numbers" (second chart). This also includes a breakdown by transmission type. But the location and mileage information gathered by Brylek and team is a great addition. I plan on adding the geographic and other details to each year in the NSX Registry section.

For now our database isn't sophisticated enough to answer your question with this many details. According to what we know today I tell tell you that:

According to Autocheck, January 2012 and all the information i acquired from Ebay, cars.com, autotrader and Prime:

There are 86 manual cars from 2002 with under 20k miles
Out of 236 manuals for 2002
There are 64 manual cars from 2003 with under 20k miles
Out of 163 manuals for 2003
There are 101 manual cars from 2004 with under 20k miles
Out of 186 manuals for 2004
There are 148 manual cars from 2005 with under 20k miles
Out of 240 manuals for 2005

This adds up to 399 cars from 2002-2005, this number includes all cars ( totalled, exported, modified to point of no return and etc).

Colors you want, production numbers:

Red/Black: 15 from 02 + 7 from 03 + 12 from 04 + 20 from 05 = 54
Out of 54 Red/Black for those years
Red/Tan: 15 from 02 + 15 from 03 + 20 from 04 + 22 from 05 = 72
Out of 75 Red/Tan for those years
Black/Black: 20 from 02 + 18 from 03 + 18 from 04 + 43 from 05 = 99
Out of 101 Black/Black for those years
Black/Tan: 7 from 02 + 4 from 03 + 4 from 04 + 12 from 05 = 27
Out of 28 Black/Tan for those years
White/Black: 3 from 02 + 0 from 03 + 1 from 04 + 4 from 05 = 8
Out of 8 White/Black for those years
White/Tan: 3 from 02 + 1 from 03 + 1 from 04 + 1 from 05 = 6
Out of 7 White/Tan for those years

This adds up to 266, I can't give you an exact number but I would say that less than 100 from the bunch are going to be nice, stock, unmodified, accident free and under 20 000 miles

I hope this helps, Paul.

In the NSX Registry of sightings, I had taken the larger production numbers grid and had created a summary page for each year. Here's the one for 2002. http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Category:US_02_VINs As a byproduct of the way the Registry is constructed within the Wiki, every time a sighting is documented wiht a Wiki page for a given VIN, it automatically gets added to the year .. so you can see that we currently have 51 2002 VINs with at least one sighting .. which could have been a listing on eBay, AutoTrader, etc .. or could have been on Prime in the For Sale section .. a Carfax that someone had done ...etc. I think this might be a good place to put the geographic and other breakdown information that you have gathered but would be interested in your comments.

So far, we have a least one sighting on about 1450 VINs out of the 8949 that were reportedly built for the N.America market which is close to 1 out of every 6. And we have over 1700 sightings waiting to be loaded .. some of which might be add'l sightings of VINs that are already in the Registry. I would love to understand what you meant by "all the information i acquired from Ebay, cars.com, autotrader and Prime" since we may be able to combine efforts and get more information into the Registry.

In the NSX Registry of sightings, I had taken the larger production numbers grid and had created a summary page for each year. Here's the one for 2002. http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Category:US_02_VINs As a byproduct of the way the Registry is constructed within the Wiki, every time a sighting is documented wiht a Wiki page for a given VIN, it automatically gets added to the year .. so you can see that we currently have 51 2002 VINs with at least one sighting .. which could have been a listing on eBay, AutoTrader, etc .. or could have been on Prime in the For Sale section .. a Carfax that someone had done ...etc. I think this might be a good place to put the geographic and other breakdown information that you have gathered but would be interested in your comments.

So far, we have a least one sighting on about 1450 VINs out of the 8949 that were reportedly built for the N.America market which is close to 1 out of every 6. And we have over 1700 sightings waiting to be loaded .. some of which might be add'l sightings of VINs that are already in the Registry. I would love to understand what you meant by "all the information i acquired from Ebay, cars.com, autotrader and Prime" since we may be able to combine efforts and get more information into the Registry.

I am only gathering information about 2002+ cars, I don't think I can handle all of them :). Since early January 2012 I have been checking Prime marketplace, ebay, cars.com and autotrader at least once a week and during those 8 months I acquired as much information as you may find in an average "for sale ad" for 107 2002-05 cars. The rest comes from Autocheck reports.

My Xls spreadsheet has: vin number, state where the car first registered to, state or country where it currently resides, last known milage, title status (clean, totalled, accident or different), exterior color, interior color and notes.

I am always for helping this wonderfull community and this is also why I started this project. I am not planning on selling my car anytime soon, I never wanted to do this just to show that my personal property may be worth more - my only intention is to help others in discussions about certain cars. I am not doing it allone and I certainly can not make decissions like sharing the project myself. We were discussing a possibility of doing so but we all came to a conclussion that we simply have "too much" information and because our cars are so rare it is very easy to attach a certain vin number to a member that we all know from this site. I belive that if the entire project was made public it would lead to different types of fraud. If there is something that you would like to propose then I am more than open for ideas and discussion ;).

Tks very much Brylek. The purpose of the Registry is to record 'sightings' of a particular VIN to help establish a sort of history on the car. I am less interested in who currently owns them (I know that can sometimes be perceived as a security issue) .. although I'd like to know when they sell it. :smile:
I'm not interested in anything that has been posted in the Prime-For Sale section because those can easily be searched. But because eBay and AutoTrader ads have a finite lifespan, I'm interested in collecting those sightings but really don't have the time to do it. I still have all those other VINs to load.

And because I'm already behind, I'm not asking for anything more from you at the moment. But I (and the NSX community) would really be grateful to you (and your volunteers) if you could preserve the following information for later entry into the Registry: VIN; ext/int color combo; date seen; source (eBay, AutoTrader, etc); seller id; vehicle/seller location; the mileage; and the asking price. I was also doing a PDF of the first page or two of the ad (using a free PDF creator such as PrimoPDF) so that we'd have a permanent image .. but that's optional.

If you guys already keep most of that, then that's great. Please let me know if the group would be ok with sharing that info in the future for inclusion into the registry .. and, if not, why? Again, the purpose is to help people in the future who might see an ad in the future and be considering buying it and would like to know some previous history on the car. We have many VINs listed which are known to be salvage/rebuilds which show up later with clean histories. There may be nothing wrong with rebuilds .. but it would be nice to know that a seller wasn't hiding it.

Thanks again for the great work you and the team have done. I have added the information to the respective year summary pages.

Tks very much Brylek. The purpose of the Registry is to record 'sightings' of a particular VIN to help establish a sort of history on the car. I am less interested in who currently owns them (I know that can sometimes be perceived as a security issue) .. although I'd like to know when they sell it. :smile:
I'm not interested in anything that has been posted in the Prime-For Sale section because those can easily be searched. But because eBay and AutoTrader ads have a finite lifespan, I'm interested in collecting those sightings but really don't have the time to do it. I still have all those other VINs to load.

And because I'm already behind, I'm not asking for anything more from you at the moment. But I (and the NSX community) would really be grateful to you (and your volunteers) if you could preserve the following information for later entry into the Registry: VIN; ext/int color combo; date seen; source (eBay, AutoTrader, etc); seller id; vehicle/seller location; the mileage; and the asking price. I was also doing a PDF of the first page or two of the ad (using a free PDF creator such as PrimoPDF) so that we'd have a permanent image .. but that's optional.

If you guys already keep most of that, then that's great. Please let me know if the group would be ok with sharing that info in the future for inclusion into the registry .. and, if not, why? Again, the purpose is to help people in the future who might see an ad in the future and be considering buying it and would like to know some previous history on the car. We have many VINs listed which are known to be salvage/rebuilds which show up later with clean histories. There may be nothing wrong with rebuilds .. but it would be nice to know that a seller wasn't hiding it.

Thanks again for the great work you and the team have done. I have added the information to the respective year summary pages.

2 problems:

1. What if there is a very special car that everyone knows and as soon as you see it you know it belongs to. Let's say that you have it in your database with it's picture, vin number, milage and some some of the other basic information from an average "for sale" ad, someone on the internet gets that info and tries to sell it - the owner get's offended that all the information the scammer used was easily accessible on a free internet site. These cars are owned by us, the people who worked hard for them. Most of the 2002+ cars are worth $50k+...

2. You can't ask everybody - not everyone is on Prime. What you want to do is OK but only if everyone agrees, because you can't ask everyone it's best not to do it at all. I actually had one Prime member pm me asking to keep his information confidential, I respected his request and his last knows milage and state of residence are not included in the database just like he wanted.

Good example, I know Who's 2004 Silverstnone Shawn is working on right now but because the owner doesn't want to make that public I won't say anything. If the entire database was shared you would know that there is only 1 2004 Silverstone NSX with 65-75k miles ;). I'm sure the owner wouldn't like that if he wanted to keep it a secret.

I know what you mean by helping our prospective buyers, I do that too. I Think I participated in allmost all recent discussions and I only used the information I have to help - there was never a case when someone was offended because I provided too much info about their investment. There is a difference between someone like me joining a discussion when it's needed and making the entire database of these expensive cars public.

Examples:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=165148
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163729
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=162056
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=162618
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=162580

I am fine with a section where each car with a salvage title has one main picture attached to it's vin number but only if:

A. The car is owned by a Car auction like IAAI, Copart or QCSA.
B. The car is owned by a dealer.
C. The owner want's to make this information visible for everyone to see.
D. The information will be erased if a new owner requests for it.

P.S. NSX Wiki Champion, what's your personal Prime name?

Paul.

Last edited:
I have a 2005 in Phoenix, AZ.

It is red/tan, 6-speed with 15k miles.

2 problems:

1. What if there is a very special car that everyone knows and as soon as you see it you know it belongs to. Let's say that you have it in your database with it's picture, vin number, milage and some some of the other basic information from an average "for sale" ad, someone on the internet gets that info and tries to sell it - the owner get's offended that all the information the scammer used was easily accessible on a free internet site. These cars are owned by us, the people who worked hard for them. Most of the 2002+ cars are worth $50k+...
I don't understand what your concern is. How is this any different from a seller posting an ad on any public web site such as eBay, AutoTrader, Prime? And as I said, I'm not asking for current owner info .. just public sighting info and/or previous owner info if it was volunteered.

2. You can't ask everybody - not everyone is on Prime. What you want to do is OK but only if everyone agrees, because you can't ask everyone it's best not to do it at all. I actually had one Prime member pm me asking to keep his information confidential, I respected his request and his last knows milage and state of residence are not included in the database just like he wanted.
Again, I was only asking about public internet sightings and not anything that would identify the current owner unless they publicly offered it.

Good example, I know Who's 2004 Silverstnone Shawn is working on right now but because the owner doesn't want to make that public I won't say anything. If the entire database was shared you would know that there is only 1 2004 Silverstone NSX with 65-75k miles ;). I'm sure the owner wouldn't like that if he wanted to keep it a secret.
Again, I was not asking you to share your 'entire database' .. just some of the public information. If that 2004 Silverstone NSX was in an AutoTrader ad a month ago, then what's the harm in recording the mileage, asking price, seller's location, seller's id, and the description. That does not in any way identify the current owner or their location.

I am fine with a section where each car with a salvage title has one main picture attached to it's vin number but only if:

A. The car is owned by a Car auction like IAAI, Copart or QCSA.
B. The car is owned by a dealer.
C. The owner want's to make this information visible for everyone to see.
D. The information will be erased if a new owner requests for it.
Are you already aware that such a list is available on Prime .. although it's for all years not just 2002-2005?

P.S. NSX Wiki Champion, what's your personal Prime name?
Lud agreed to create the handle 'NSX Wiki Champion' as just a pseudo-name to promote (ie. 'champion') the Wiki and to separate that activity from my personal posts.... kind of like the Forums Nazi promoted use of the search function. You can send me a PM or email any time you like if you want to discuss something offline.

Back