2001 Red/Black black-topped COUPE on eBay

MJK

Legendary Member
Check it out <click>

Judging by the VIN JH4NA21311T000076, I'd say its the real thing. The last thing I need is another NSX (repeat to self as neccessary), but hopefully somebody here can really enjoy that beauty.

#62 is a white/blk, tan int. '01 coupe too. Don't know where it is now

ak said:
There's no strut tower bar. Did the Zanardi have a strut tower bar? I can't remember.

Zanardis don't have a strut tower bar--probably the NA2 coupe body is stiff enough that it wasn't worth having it, so they saved the weight.

Same year as the Silverstone one and the rear ACURA emblem is different, no K-brace on the red one but the silver has one. What gives? I smell something foul....... any explanations/ excuses? HMMMMMMMM???

Danny, RED SR71:smile: :biggrin: :wink: :confused: :cool: :rolleyes:

dyee said:
Same year as the Silverstone one and the rear ACURA emblem is different, no K-brace on the red one but the silver has one. What gives? I smell something foul....... any explanations/ excuses? HMMMMMMMM???

Danny, RED SR71:smile: :biggrin: :wink: :confused: :cool: :rolleyes:

Silver one is a Targa and the Red is a Coupe (hard-top). This could explain the k-brace issue as was being discussed earlier in the thread. The emblem is a different story.

I would say that the seller seems to have an actual knowledge of NSX's
His write up is pretty accurate, with only one or two exaggerations.

I think he is using Zanardi numbers for his acceleration figures (read: Car and Driver Tested a 3.2 Cpe in 1998-) we all know the Zanardi has a few weight shavings in addition to a standard coupe (single pane rear glass, lighter wheels... ect) But at least he did some research to make a realistic claim.

also see-

"POSSIBLY THE ONLY HARD TOP 2001 IN THE WHOLE COUNTRY!!!! "

OK- we know that isn't true, but we also know that the late model coupes are pretty hard to find, so this is forgiveable.

The rest of the ad looks pretty much accurate. I think we have an educated seller here- If I were in the market, that fact alone would be a huge confidence builder for my decision.

Anyone have any experience with Paul Herman Motorcars in Buffalo NY? They say they have sold a significant number of NSXs in the past two years.

H-car, do a search. There was a huge flame war about a 1-1.5 yrs ago between Paul Herman & someone that almost bought a car from them. I can't remember what the issue was but I think it was guy made a long trip (with trailer) to buy car & they sold it en route or car wasn't as described. I believe there are 2 brothers that run the business and at least one was posting here in that thread. They do sell lot of NSXs and do seem to know the car based on their ebay descriptions and posts here. Other prime members may have bought from them & could chime in maybe. In the end, learning the history of the particular car (if possible) and a good inspection are all you can go by.

edit- Anytime did it for you.

Last edited:
Looks like a pretty extensive misunderstanding. I guess one thing in there is correct beyond any doubt- there are two sides to every story

Doesn't look like this one worked out favorably for anyone- and the misunderstandings should be taken under advisement for any decision to buy a car sight unseen, or via telephone/internet communication.

Another note- just as an observation of threads like that last one.

I have seen "the dealer screwed me" threads all over the internet- people get mighty ballsy as to what they will say about each other online. I take all these references for what they are worth- They are reflections of one person's personal experience, retold with that person's perception under that person's circumstances. This is all good solid information to consider, and I would take all of it under advisement when dealing with those parties (either of them) but I would hardly think it is fair to say that every thread like that is indicative of all dealings with those parties.

Further- It is incumbent upon the buyer to look out for their own interests- if you are planning to make a transaction with the scale and complexity of a used automotive purchase you should also be willing to commit all your resources to ensure your money was spent wisely. There are so many variables to used car condition, and pricing that it would take a tremendous volume of shared information before a prudent buyer would be willing to make the commitment of funds beyond a fully refundable deposit. This should be known by both the buyer, AND the seller before engaging in such a transaction.

It looks like that transaction was moving forward on percieved "good faith"- and then it just went bad.

Unfortunate for sure.

Paul Herman's a Nice Guy. Ive spoken to him every know and again at the Auction and bought an 02 NSX that was his. Knows his cars. He once had a supercharged 95 midnight pearl that I was bidding on; Ive kicked myself ever since for not buying it.:frown:

Pacemaker Kid89 said:
Mike- you got PM

got it.... Call me and ill help you out.

The Kid said:
got it.... Call me and ill help you out.

Nice, when my dad get's our MDX back tomorrow I'll ask him some more about it and i'll give you a buzz most likely maybe saturday, becuase Friday i'll be out and about, so sometime from 12-5 if you are at your office, which I presume is the number to call right?

Thank you very much

dyee said:
Same year as the Silverstone one and the rear ACURA emblem is different, What gives? I smell something foul....... any explanations/ excuses? HMMMMMMMM???

:

RIF ..Reading Is Fundamental!!:smile: :wink:

"THE ONLY OTHER PART OF THIS CAR THAT ISN'T ORIGINAL IS THE CENTER PIECE OF THE REAR TAILLIGHTS WHICH WAS UPDATED TO 2002 STYLE. ALTHOUGH IT IS A VERY SUBTLE UPGRADE, IT HAS A MUCH BETTER AND A MORE FITTING, EXOTIC LOOK THAN THE OLD LENSE THAT SIMPLY HAS "ACURA" PRINTED ON IT. "

spartan2-3 said:
If that car originated from Redwood City, CA. then the previous owner is an NSXprime member. This car was posted on the NSXprime classifieds several years ago. That beauty is a rare find.

If it is the one I am thinking of, he lives here in AZ.

SCS2k said:
If it is the one I am thinking of, he lives here in AZ.

You are correct:wink:

Attachments

• 01 NSX coupe 1.jpg
    01 NSX coupe 1.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 96
  • 01 NSX coupe 2.jpg
    01 NSX coupe 2.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 83
  • 01 NSX coupe 3.jpg
    01 NSX coupe 3.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 64
I was trying to buy this car off-lease from Honda Finance but someone beat me to it:frown: I think it was wholesaled to Paul by the Honda dealer that the vehicle was returned at. This car also had a set of Adavn's on it and some seats in it but I could be wrong.

The Kid said:
I was trying to buy this car off-lease from Honda Finance but someone beat me to it:frown: I think it was wholesaled to Paul by the Honda dealer that the vehicle was returned at. This car also had a set of Adavn's on it and some seats in it but I could be wrong.

It did have Advan's and seats, they're for sale here on prime.

TyraNSX said:
#62 is a white/blk, tan int. '01 coupe too. Don't know where it is now

#62, and this one are the only NSX Coupes built for 2001.

Ben said:
#62, and this one are the only NSX Coupes built for 2001.

Had the pleasure of seeing both. White at Manhiem Auto Auction and this one I was trying to buy.

Back