2001 NSX Question

nsxtasy said:
Regarding that trade-in, just remember that, depending on the laws in your state, you may get a sales tax break on the trade-in. In most states you only pay sales tax on the difference, and not on the entire purchase amount. This saves you the amount of the sales tax on the trade in. For example, if you get $40K on a trade-in on a $61K car purchase, at 6.5 percent sales tax, the trade-in is worth $42,600 to you, by reducing the purchase price by that amount.

Yeah I believe Wa does have the tax break on a trade in, but even then i'd be taking about a $14k hit :biggrin:

NsSeX said:
Yeah I believe Wa does have the tax break on a trade in, but even then i'd be taking about a $14k hit :biggrin:
:eek:

If their trade-in price, plus the tax break, is less than you would get by selling the car elsewhere, sell it elsewhere... but if you're referring to the amount by which the trade-in has depreciated (lost market value) since you bought it, that's a sunk cost that you're never going to recover, no matter what you do.

Back