2000 with 80k miles - needs some work. what should I offer?

I decided to hold out for a car with fewer miles. Blackhorse06, feel free to pursue if you want.
fwiw he said $41k was doable and he might be willing to go even lower.

80k is nothing and $41k is a damn steal! I would reconsider that one.

80k is nothing and $41k is a damn steal! I would reconsider that one.

well, my ever changing color preference is now pulling me towards a silver or black as well. I don't mind if I regret the cars I passed on, as long as I have no regrets about the one I finally choose.

Well that's good news for you because their are quite a few silvers out there. Even some in the 2000 model year. I am assuming the $41K the seller was willing to take was an "as is" offer?

Well that's good news for you because their are quite a few silvers out there. Even some in the 2000 model year. I am assuming the $41K the seller was willing to take was an "as is" offer?

Correct. I would say the car needed a clutch, front brakes, radio fix, CCU mix motor repair or replacement, coolant hoses for good measure, and a timing belt in a little over a year. Probably 5-6k all told.

nada.com minus the cost of repairs it needs.
NSXs are going up in value.
I looked up the value of my 1997 with 130,000, and nada says it's worth $50,000 in perfect condition. $45,000 in average condition.

Back