1st Drive in NSX

I also bought my 2005 NSX without ever having sat in one. There was enough information out there that I was comfortable as to how it was going to perform.
It only had 16,000 miles on it so not a lot of worry as to neglected maintenance (also had all records). The 150 mile drive home was one that I will never forget. It was an incredible experience and almost two years later the thrill is still there.:biggrin:

Great story there, nsx_2k.

Sorry to hear about the many bad experiences but at least everything turned out great in the end.

I'm actually amazed in how many chances you gave it throughout the years. I'd bet someone else in your shoes would never bother to test drive another one after the 2nd try, let alone another disappointment and then buy one sight unseen.

That's truly brave of you and congrats once again for the happy ending. :smile:

P.S. Moral of the story is that not every NSX owner maintains the car nicely. :redface:

I wish one day I can drive my NSX around Chicagoland again - love the LSD drive and driving a targa top in midwest climates would be totally different from CALI weather for sure!

Glad you had a good experience and you sure picked a nice example to test drive!

I never drove my 04 NSX and bought it sight un-seen pretty much but it was one of those cherry cars that didn't need a test drive. Since then I've driven just about every type of NSX including a 2004 Imola CTSC'd and each one is unique with different shifter / clutch feels....

Comparing a 91 NSX or a automatic NSX to a late model 02+ model is just not possible as each one is totally different cars in terms of gearing, shifter, etc. Of course how well the owner takes care of the car also has a lot to do with the overall experience.

Back