1997+ NSX prices Japan?

AU_NSX said:
They do don't they... hmmmmmm!

Nice prices as well...

The NSX-R brand new in Japan was 12 million yen... This one is nearly 16 million Yen second hand! Which is circa USD $140,000
attachment.php

NSX-R in Japan WITHOUT any optioin does not include the following options this particular cars has:
Dual Airbag (600000 Yen)
Painted Roof (100000 Yen)
A/C (300000 Yen)
Sound System (600000 Yen)

Also, Automobile registration and tax is very high in Japan so with all that options and taxation, with a car with less than 1000km, it may still be on the high side. But considering the fact that the car is no longer been produced, with only 1000km, and all taxed paid, owning one of the 200-ish 02 spec NSX-R may be worth the money.

Vancehu said:
NSX-R in Japan WITHOUT any optioin does not include the following options this particular cars has:
Dual Airbag (600000 Yen)
Painted Roof (100000 Yen)
A/C (300000 Yen)
Sound System (600000 Yen)

Also, Automobile registration and tax is very high in Japan so with all that options and taxation, with a car with less than 1000km, it may still be on the high side. But considering the fact that the car is no longer been produced, with only 1000km, and all taxed paid, owning one of the 200-ish 02 spec NSX-R may be worth the money.

Sorry Vancehu, I am going to disagree with you here... The ONLY reason this NSX is priced at 16 million Yen is because they are not being made anymore... Not because of its options, not because of the road tax... This same car was for sale 12 months ago for 12.5 million...

AU_NSX said:
Sorry Vancehu, I am going to disagree with you here... The ONLY reason this NSX is priced at 16 million Yen is because they are not being made anymore... Not because of its options, not because of the road tax... This same car was for sale 12 months ago for 12.5 million...

I'm not saying this car is worth the price they are asking for, but obvciously, this car cost more than 12.5 million yen with all the options listed. You do know the tax/registration in Japan is about 15% of the value of the car?

Obvioulsy, if they are asking for this price, there is a chance that they MAY get the money for it.

Vancehu said:
I'm not saying this car is worth the price they are asking for, but obvciously, this car cost more than 12.5 million yen with all the options listed. You do know the tax/registration in Japan is about 15% of the value of the car?

Obvioulsy, if they are asking for this price, there is a chance that they MAY get the money for it.

Vance you must remember that this is a used car, and you know how the Japanese feel about pre-owned cars... 12 months ago NA2 NSX-R's with less than 5,000 km's on them were going for 10 million Yen!

The NSX-R above (same options and same km's) was 12.5 million...

I agree with you that they may get 16 million for it now... That's been my point all along! The NSX value has increased and the NSX-R's astronomically so (in Japan) since it stopped production.

I have been following the NA2 NSX-R values very closely over the last 2 years because I am buying one. However, I can only bring it back into Australia if I purchase it whilst I am residing overseas.

I am now in a position to purchase one but the prices have blown out so much that I have delayed my purchase for the time being.

I believe the prices we are seeing in Japan will not last and I am prepared to wait till the silliness is over! You know how fickle the Japanese are... Another 12 months and the prices will be around 10 million Yen like they were 12 months ago...

Back