1996 nsx

can someone tell me if the automatics are slow being the horsepower is down and how do they shift thank you. this the car should i buy it they want 35995 for it and it has 38000miles
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:
Slow is all relative. What are you comparing it to ???

They shift fine, I have not had any issues with mine.

ive had a 91 and a 97, both manual...but driven a 92 auto before....id say it definitely takes away alot from the car. alot of the grunt is gone, feels like alot of power up top is missing too. shifts fine, like a regular honda.

I have been complimented on my car every time I drive it, getting gas 2-3 people stop pumping to come talk to me. LOL

its a dude magnet unfortunately but you do get the occasional hot chick asking if its the new corvette and how she loves vettes LOL

but not once in 2 years has any asked me if it was a manual transmission

they dont care, they only see the Exotic looking car parked there.

some people dont care about going fast or how many horses it has.

but in my opinion its more fun, makes you pay attention to your driving
your in tuned with the car. i would say your a better driver. as you cant talk on the phone and shift. or texting forget about it. lol

I have had a few automatics and prefer manual. but its an NSX so who cares.

buy it, drive it, wash it, love it. then buy another one so its not lonely in your garage LOL

I have been complimented on my car every time I drive it, getting gas 2-3 people stop pumping to come talk to me. LOL

its a dude magnet unfortunately but you do get the occasional hot chick asking if its the new corvette and how she loves vettes LOL

but not once in 2 years has any asked me if it was a manual transmission

they dont care, they only see the Exotic looking car parked there.

some people dont care about going fast or how many horses it has.

but in my opinion its more fun, makes you pay attention to your driving
your in tuned with the car. i would say your a better driver. as you cant talk on the phone and shift. or texting forget about it. lol

I have had a few automatics and prefer manual. but its an NSX so who cares.

buy it, drive it, wash it, love it. then buy another one so its not lonely in your garage LOL

IMO seems like the nsx might be more of an attention grabber or a status thing for some people instead of being about the experience behind the wheel...

IMO seems like the nsx might be more of an attention grabber or a status thing for some people instead of being about the experience behind the wheel...

one of my observations over the years on this board..most owners of the nsx place the rarity of the car high on thier reason for owning list..the driving experience and cost of ownership also are in the top 3.

Number one, I think the price is too high for a 96 automatic. You could find a better deal right here for a 5 speed. Most people don't think about it much but re-sale is something to consider and the automatics don't have as much of a market so you could be sitting for a long time when it comes time to sell which inevitably will occur at some point. My suggestion is to look here for a well maintained car and don't worry about cars with even twice the mileage as this one. I must also agree that the 5 speed will be much more fun as these cars are really not that fast and the automatics are even slower.

It's your money, do what you please, but understand that resale will be difficult in the future if you don't plan on keeping it. Otherwise, good luck! :cool:

Back