1994 Convertable with 02conversion

Why!? Why God?!

Sorry, just don't understand why anyone would take an NSX and chop it up.

Oh oh, looks like Bender is ticked off - LOL

I know what you mean - When I dreamed of buying an NSX I didn't dream of changing anything - loved it just the way it was. Then one day I realized the wheels are kinda outdated, then the shift knob, then the wheels..... THEN I STOPPED

I think some people like to tinker too much, but there are only so many of these cars left, its such a shame to see them chopped up like this.

But for a hard top to be chopped seems crazy - at least the Targa had the body stiffened. Id hate to be in a wreck in this car, I don't think it will kill you necessarily but the safety margin has been diminished significantly IMO

J

I agree those hoops behind the headrest are definitely NOT from a S2000. My S2000's hoops are plastic covered and quite a bit beefier looking than those.

YUP!!! could be scary.

But for a hard top to be chopped seems crazy - at least the Targa had the body stiffened. Id hate to be in a wreck in this car, I don't think it will kill you necessarily but the safety margin has been diminished significantly IMO

J

There are actually 3 of these, two in yellow and one in red - all in the Vancouver area.

Never liked them.

The car's'02 conversion was listed for sale here a while back.

Posted from my iPhone

That was the twin to this car, it was stripped down in anticipation of installing a wide body, but it did not work out.

Not too bad looking from a distance - wonder what is lurking beneath the skin. It might be a salvage roll over - who knows what promotes one to do this to an NSX. I woudn't have it - he'll have to find a real sucker for this one - someone that knows nothing about the cars.

Sad - why indeed. But then I say that about any outrageous body kit install. Wouldn't do that either. I don't know what it is that makes some go to such extremes. Happens with all cars - well almost all cars. Course the nicer the car the more that is spent on transforming them. But out NSXs deserve better!

For almost $39k. Pass.

its the silly plague of cdn list pricing for a low demand ultra niche car.

in my experience, both private + dealer nsx sellers in canada that list for a silly price, drop their asking price by 20-25% before the car even has a remote chance to move.

i think there are a few cdn nsx's sitting on the trader/ebay that have been doing just that, sitting there for a year, if not years.

I woudn't have it - he'll have to find a real sucker for this one - someone that knows nothing about the cars.

well said.

Sad - why indeed. But then I say that about any outrageous body kit install. Wouldn't do that either.

in my youth i was in love with the comptech wide body kit for the nsx. but now in my 30s i think honda absolutely nailed it as the oem nsx lines and the shape of the car is as clean and beautiful as ever.

if you look at the pic of the rear head piece it looks like if came off a S2000 not sure

Can any S2000 owners confirm?

The rear head piece look like the S2000 stock roll hoop, but its not it. The S2000 hoop are smaller.

Not a fan of the convertible NSX.:confused:

This seller owns both of the yellow convertibles in Richmond. I have previously considered this car and have done quite a bit of research on it. I am reciting this from memory, but if somebody would like anything verified, I have the paperwork filed away somewhere. The car has been for sale off and on for a very long time (several years). The price has actually increased lately. The mileage somehow seems to have gone down over time based on old listings. Angus tipped me off that he thought it was salvage and a local inspector who I had hired thought likewise. I ordered several inspection reports. The most complete was a canadian one which showed the car imported into Canada from the US with a former US salvage title. It was then branded in Canada as nonrepairable for scrap or parts only (not to be rebuilt). Later, it was moved to British Columbia and branded as rebuilt. Further research with Canadian agencies revealed that they thought fraud may have been involved and if so, they might order the car to be destroyed. It was also revealed that the importation of the car into Canada from the US was never completed. They said that they would not pursue the car further if I were to bring it back to the US, but did not know what would happen if it stayed in Canada. Somehow it had missed their attention since it was an old case. My conversations with the seller/dealer were no less frightening. He failed to disclose the title issues or that it failed emisssions testing locally. When I confronted him, he actually coughed, slurred his speech, etc as he answered the questions that he did not want to talk about. He told me that they were the original owners of the car since it was imported, but did not have any knowledge about the cars history/title/repairs, etc...

looking forward to seeing the car for sale for yet another few more years :)

This seller owns both of the yellow convertibles in Richmond. I have previously considered this car and have done quite a bit of research on it. I am reciting this from memory, but if somebody would like anything verified, I have the paperwork filed away somewhere. The car has been for sale off and on for a very long time (several years). The price has actually increased lately. The mileage somehow seems to have gone down over time based on old listings. Angus tipped me off that he thought it was salvage and a local inspector who I had hired thought likewise. I ordered several inspection reports. The most complete was a canadian one which showed the car imported into Canada from the US with a former US salvage title. It was then branded in Canada as nonrepairable for scrap or parts only (not to be rebuilt). Later, it was moved to British Columbia and branded as rebuilt. Further research with Canadian agencies revealed that they thought fraud may have been involved and if so, they might order the car to be destroyed. It was also revealed that the importation of the car into Canada from the US was never completed. They said that they would not pursue the car further if I were to bring it back to the US, but did not know what would happen if it stayed in Canada. Somehow it had missed their attention since it was an old case. My conversations with the seller/dealer were no less frightening. He failed to disclose the title issues or that it failed emisssions testing locally. When I confronted him, he actually coughed, slurred his speech, etc as he answered the questions that he did not want to talk about. He told me that they were the original owners of the car since it was imported, but did not have any knowledge about the cars history/title/repairs, etc...

Back