1993 NSX price

Hey guys. This is now my second post here heh. Anyways I am pretty set on purchasing an NSX from a frined of mine. It is black with 75,000 miles on it with black interior(just like my 300zx TT) and is a 1993 model. The exterior and interior are mint and that is the year I like. I'm just curious on the price for it however, b/c he's willing to sell it to me for $25k flat. Does that sound like a normal legit deal or does something sound iffy like that price is just unheard of, b/c i thought it woud be more around 30k. I'm pretty sure all maintenance is totally up to date and everything is good to go. By the condition of the interior and exterior I find that easy to believe. Also he is a buddy of mine and he is just as obsessed about that car as am about my 300ZX twin turbo so I'm sure it's taken care of. Anyways, I just want to make sure that is a normal price for this, b/c i don't want him getting ripped off and also, I want to make sure that this price sounds normal. By the way, this is going to be my college car while I'm in UT for school as my Z stays in my garage I have up here in Dallas. I've been going to college here for a couple years waiting to get accepted to pharm school :) Don't worry though, it will be one pampered daily driver, and as soon as im out of college i plan to do all the tons of stuff that i did to my Z, and baby it like crazy :). Anyways, thanks for the help guys!

If everything is up to date as far as service it is priced pretty low IMO and should be closer to mid 30k. The 60k mile service calls for timing belt water pump and some other things. I would also find out what the condition of the clutch is because this could be quite a pricey part to replace. The nsx makes a nice daily driver but for school I think for the money you are spending you could get something cheaper and new that would serve you better and cost less.

Acura NsX Pilot said:
If everything is up to date as far as service it is priced pretty low IMO and should be closer to mid 30k. The 60k mile service calls for timing belt water pump and some other things. I would also find out what the condition of the clutch is because this could be quite a pricey part to replace. The nsx makes a nice daily driver but for school I think for the money you are spending you could get something cheaper and new that would serve you better and cost less.

Thanks. Money and service isn't an issue. I worked hard enough these years for this along with my Z. As for service I know I will be able to do it all myself, except an engine rebuild haha. I plan on tha not being needed while in college though. Anyways, I hate sounding like a noob here..it's just that I am totally new to the NSX. Thanks for being easy on me man. Anyways, I will be sure to ask him about the timing water pump, and clutch. If I remember right, I do remember him talking abut a 60k maintenance like my z, so I assume thats the belt and water pump ect, so I'm sure that got done. As for the clutch though, it may still be original. About how much do those run..just OEM. I can install it myself, but i'm just curious of a parts price for it. Thanks. I plan on keeping it bone stock and just doing maintenance to it through college by the way. Thanks for the help guys!

collegeboy said:
Thanks. Money and service isn't an issue. I worked hard enough these years for this along with my Z. As for service I know I will be able to do it all myself, except an engine rebuild haha. I plan on tha not being needed while in college though. Anyways, I hate sounding like a noob here..it's just that I am totally new to the NSX. Thanks for being easy on me man. Anyways, I will be sure to ask him about the timing water pump, and clutch. If I remember right, I do remember him talking abut a 60k maintenance like my z, so I assume thats the belt and water pump ect, so I'm sure that got done. As for the clutch though, it may still be original. About how much do those run..just OEM. I can install it myself, but i'm just curious of a parts price for it. Thanks. I plan on keeping it bone stock and just doing maintenance to it through college by the way. Thanks for the help guys!

Do a serach on best clutch

Do not quote me on this but I belive the oem clutch can be had for around $1200 and I would get a light weight flywheel also.

Some dealers offer discounts on parts for NSXCA members so it might pay to join.

collegeboy said:
Hey guys. This is now my second post here heh. Anyways I am pretty set on purchasing an NSX from a frined of mine. It is black with 75,000 miles on it with black interior(just like my 300zx TT) and is a 1993 model. The exterior and interior are mint and that is the year I like. I'm just curious on the price for it however, b/c he's willing to sell it to me for $25k flat. Does that sound like a normal legit deal or does something sound iffy like that price is just unheard of, b/c i thought it woud be more around 30k...

That is a great price if the car is as nice as you claim. Do you have pics?? Have it inspected by a dealer with NSX experience and go from there. Sounds like an awesome deal though!! :smile:

Find out when the belt was changed; you can't assume
it was part of a "60,000 mile service". If the 1993 manual
is like the 1991, it calls for timing belt change at 90,000
or 6 years.

To get an idea of what a DIY clutch replacement is like,
see this thread .

The main thing I'd ask myself before buying is, am I
prepared for the occasional expensive repair. Some
parts are expensive, and some jobs take a lot of hours.

Tom239 said:
Find out when the belt was changed; you can't assume
it was part of a "60,000 mile service". If the 1993 manual
is like the 1991, it calls for timing belt change at 90,000
or 6 years.

To get an idea of what a DIY clutch replacement is like,
see this thread .

The main thing I'd ask myself before buying is, am I
prepared for the occasional expensive repair. Some
parts are expensive, and some jobs take a lot of hours.

Awesome thanks for the help guys. yea im all ready for the occasional repairs and i'm use to expensive parts so no worrys their. Also, since im keeping it stock through college and keeping the z in dallas, the only thing as far as cars goes that i'll have to pay for is OEM parts if anything goes bad, which i do not mind. It'll be a great car and if i have to go without it for a few days, or weeks if anything major goes bad and i have to work on it, then it is no biggy, b/c you can walk to everywhere at campus. That's one reason I really like UT Austin. Thanks guys!

Meeyatch1 said:
That is a great price if the car is as nice as you claim. Do you have pics?? Have it inspected by a dealer with NSX experience and go from there. Sounds like an awesome deal though!! :smile:

no pics of the nsx since it isn't mine. heck..i barley have pics of my Z an i own it haha. i will take your advice and have it inspected though. that's actually something i was plannin gon doing. thanks guys.

I wouldn't take a NSX to Austin considering the lack of garage space for students living. Hardly any apartments near campus have garages and parking in a public one is a no-no if you ask me.

As for the price, as everyone else has said $25k would be a good deal if the maintenance is up to date. A well cared for one normally is $29-32K.

Back