1991 NSX for only $59,000 !

Its an auto too so that should count against it. I might ask the seller if he wants to buy mine for 50k. :biggrin:

That car prob worth 32k tops?

I saw that car this past Saturday at the Orchard Beach Auto show with the for sale sign and the price, I laughed my as- off. It was drawing an admiring crowd and one of the observers was telling his buddy how his son was always after him to buy on of those, and what a great car it was. The car looked good, not great................the original tires are probably dry rotted out, and I'm willing to bet that there is no service history (TB/WP) so the car is seriously overpriced!!!

I wish the seller good luck!

What a scheme here its probably some ignorant guy who thinks he'll make a few dollars on "the most retainable year NSX"...whatever! I personally think the 2005 models are the most retainable as they were the last.

He'll be lucky to get $32,000 considering its an automatic plus it will need all of the servicing done to get it back to daily driveable condition.

...besides the obvious "what the $%&! is the seller thinking?"

2) Is it politically incorrect to use the term "Jap" ?

I'd say $40 K tops IF the car was a manual. The mileage is very low which is quite impressive.

The "Jap" thing... I'm not touching that can of worms.
I'd say it's bad when used as a derogatory term, such as Jap Crap (when reffering to any imports, including bikes)... Some redneck called my Audi "Jap crap" once.

But i've heard people say Jap rocket when reffering to fast cars or bikes...

Hey, I have a '91 auto.
I think that's a great price!:biggrin:

Yeah right but then again a fool and his money shall part...

I think it is safe to say that "Jap" has never been used as a positive label. At best it means no harm - probably as the ebay listing intended.

The roots of "Jap" are decidedly negative going back to WWII and then for the long period of time when Japanese products were considered cheap and poor quality.

Due to character limits on the title description field, the seller may not be able to fit "1991 Acura : NSX JAPANESE FERRARI", so he used "1991 Acura : NSX JAP FERRARI" instead. I think there is a 32 character limit. The seller also used double spaces between some words.

I think it is a matter of opinoin.
There are many other words out there that could also be classified as 'politically incorrect' that people use all the time.

+1 I am originally from the Philippines. I have heard the term "flip" and have been called it. Doesn't bother me one bit, though I have heard of others who have been offended by being called that. As far as I am concerned those folks need to switch to decaf. Call me whatever the hell you want and I don't care, because it matters not to me. However if you actually physically harm me, my family, or my friends, then your rear end is mine, or at least the big filipino cannibal I will hire to hunt you down. :tongue: :biggrin:

I think Jap is a negative word and should not be used ever except maybe if you're angry.

There are many 91 NSX in Canada with an asking price of 50k USD. Mine was worth that about 5 years ago. Now it's worth about 35-40k.

A 2005 NSX was 142k in Canada. Now it's a 65-75k used car. I'm thinking of buying an 05 right now. I just have to see if I can find somebody to buy my car for 40k. I think I would accept 30k as a trade-in on an 05.

I was thinking of getting a personal plate for my car (JAP MUSL) bad idea?

yes, cuz it's not really a Japanese muscle car...that would be a Supra.

It's more of a Japanese Ferrari...so go with "JAP 4RE":biggrin:

BTW...I love the asking price!!! Keep those prices up!!!:tongue:

I have two questions about this NSX on EBay, besides the obvious "what the $%&! is the seller thinking?"

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$MONEY$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$MONEY$$$$$$$$$$MONEY$$$
$$$$$MONEY$$$$$$$$$$$MONEY$$$$$$$$$BOAT-PAYMENT$$$$$$$$MONEY$
:tongue:

I think Jap is a negative word and should not be used ever except maybe if you're angry.

There are many 91 NSX in Canada with an asking price of 50k USD. Mine was worth that about 5 years ago. Now it's worth about 35-40k.

A 2005 NSX was 142k in Canada. Now it's a 65-75k used car. I'm thinking of buying an 05 right now. I just have to see if I can find somebody to buy my car for 40k. I think I would accept 30k as a trade-in on an 05.
I don't think an '05 is easy to find let alone it being under 100g's. If from a dealer, they know how sought after this car is, and if you don't buy it at 100g's, someone will. Atleast even I would consider an '05 at 100g's+. That's why I love my '98! :):):) Got left over money to put in gas! :)

I don't think an '05 is easy to find let alone it being under 100g's. If from a dealer, they know how sought after this car is, and if you don't buy it at 100g's, someone will. Atleast even I would consider an '05 at 100g's+. That's why I love my '98! :):):) Got left over money to put in gas! :)

There is an 05 in TN with 11k miles and they are asking 75k for it. It's an automatic and it's silver so it has 2 strikes against it.

What the hell is a JAP For RE? Jewish American Princess for Real Estate?

There is an 05 in TN with 11k miles and they are asking 75k for it. It's an automatic and it's silver so it has 2 strikes against it.

What the hell is a JAP For RE? Jewish American Princess for Real Estate?

I just bought a 05 silver/blk with 1500 miles and it is a 6 speed. Why would the silver be a strike? Besides the wht I think by far it is the best color but silver is a close second IMO.

I just bought a 05 silver/blk with 1500 miles and it is a 6 speed. Why would the silver be a strike? Besides the wht I think by far it is the best color but silver is a close second IMO.

He's joking, there's been a history of the blue and silver color war among some prime members.:wink:

He's joking, there's been a history of the blue and silver color war among some prime members.:wink:

Thanks. Yes it's just a joke about the automatic and silver cars because there have been some jokes here about them.
Silver is the best. I know this because I already have a silver automatic. I should have added a :smile:

Back