1991 NSX coupe Red/Black 5-Speed 62,000 JH4NA1153MT003030

I was way to slow on this one, waited a whole 30 minutes. Congrats to whoever bought/stole what appears to be a very nice vehicle.

Deal of the year!

Thanks The Kid. I have been trying to find the right car for a while now. Wanted something completely stock, with great service records. I was lucky enough to be browsing shortly after the gentleman posted. I'll be picking it up on Tuesday next week so very excited. Short flight from San Fran To LA and then can't wait for the 5 hour drive home. Contemplating taking the scenic route along highway 1 to enjoy the car.

I've not owned an NSX before, so advice from this forum most welcome. I've traditionally been an air cooled Porsche guy, primarily because I can throw the little ones in the back. But I've always loved the NSX and was afraid I was starting to be priced out of the market.

This car had a new transmission back in 2001, so no snap ring problems going forward. Any other areas I need to be mindful of? It has a full service history from Acura; so hoping any issues have been taken care of. Despite wanting to keep stock, I'm tempted to buy some later OEM wheels. Will they go straight on?

i'll update my profile and post some pics of the car next week.

Thanks, Alex

Wow, I wonder if he got more than his $30k asking price. I'm always a little suspicious when sellers let their vehicles go for well below market price, but maybe this was a legit situation. If so, too bad for the seller and congrats to the lucky buyer.

Edit: Congrats Alex. Check the wiki for an inspection checklist: http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Category:Purchasing_an_NSX

You can also google for "nsx buyers guide" and find some other resources.

Later wheels will replace the factory ones no problem. Anything else, feel free to ask if you can't find answers by searching.

Last edited:
I knew this one wouldn't be up too long. Glad a good NSX was picked up!

Thanks all for the welcome to your forum. I will certainly enjoy the drive, and look forward to connecting with the Bay Area owners and others in the forum.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks all for the welcome to your forum. I will certainly enjoy the drive, and look forward to connecting with the Bay Area owners and others in the forum.

I've not owned an NSX before, so advice from this forum most welcome. I've traditionally been an air cooled Porsche guy, primarily because I can throw the little ones in the back. But I've always loved the NSX and was afraid I was starting to be priced out of the market.

Yea, I waited like half an hour on this one but should have called as soon as I stumbled upon it. Another car is the last thing in the world I need but I have so many NSX-R and Type S goodies, that I would love to have a driver that I can play with again.

Your going to love NSX ownership, alot easier than owning a 911. They really dont need anything. This NSX seems like a steal, I ran it though the Acura Network and a quick Carfax and it appears to be a nice, honest example. My snap ring went on my 92, not fun. Lucky you have a new trans so nothing to worry about there. Very much like Rennlist, you'll see that this community is amazing. Part of the reason Ive stuck around over 10 years and would never leave.

WELCOME!

Welcome to the family! I thought I had the deal of the year with my unmolested 93 (paid $30,3xx with 97,xxx miles), but you've got me deal there. Definitely a great buy.

I texted, pm'd and basically begged...i was 40th in line (according to Tom, the seller). My opening salvo was, "...I have cash, am easy to deal with, won't waste your time and will get it out of your hands in minutes..." That worked on some early dates, but clearly not this car.

Congrats to the buyer.

Wow that's unbelievable. I'm local to the seller too, I would've bought that car in a heart beat had I seen it, but from the looks of it, even contacting the seller 30 minutes after the post came live is too late. I'm really REALLY REALLY jealous. I'll go cry myself to sleep now.

Congratulations @ellale01 on your awesome purchase :cool:

Thank you. I drove the car back up to the Bay today. Was a great drive. Car looks to be in very good condition with a few minor niggles to sort out. Paint is immaculate, and there isn't a scratch anywhere on it. I love the fact that it still has the original NSX phone in the center compartment. I would think that many of those have been removed over the years, so I love its originality. Its a completely stock car.

Im very grateful to Tom, the prior owner. Having agreed to sell me the car and having paid a deposit and booked my plane ticket to LA; it appears several tried to undermine the deal by offering him over his asking price. I guess i had the good fortune of seeing the ad first, and responding first with an immediate offer and deposit. Nobility and integrity are rare qualities in today's world, and so im thankful that he was honorable enough to uphold our agreement of sale.

So im the proud owner of a NSX for the first time, and hopefully for many years to come.

Congrats Ellale01! That's an incredible deal you've found. It's amazing to hear how Tom kept to his side of the bargain! I agree, Nobility and Integrity like that is rare.

I believe in Karma: Which means I'm sure you're an amazing person too and very well deserving of this awesome deal :)

Welcome to the family!

BTW: I'm in the Bay Area too, we should meet up. (I'll PM you!)

-David

wow a seller with principle and honor......you wonder what the over under on that would be.....welcome

Congrats, and welcome to the club! Glad your buying experience was a positive one and wish more sellers were honest and stand up guys like this one.

.......don't buy.don't buy ...... like the cramer recording.....

Last edited:
Not even a year. I'm just jealous. :cool:

Well i am sorry to be selling the car as i do love it.

Not sure if labeling it a 'flip' is fair or not. It was not my intention to sell 5 months after buying it. If that was my intention to turn a quick profit, i would have simply accepted one of the many offers to sell it to someone immediately after it was purchased. Believe me I had plenty of prime members PM me and offer considerably more than i paid for it before i had even collected the car. Instead i paid my purchase taxes and registration and have also invested considerable sums in new cat converters and various other items. That said, i will sell it for more than my investment. True. But that is not a crime. I am sure most NSX's for sale on this site is at a premium to the price it was bought for given how the market is moving.

I've simply decided to sell to try and purchase a local 996 turbo with 5,000 miles which I also deem to be a good investment over time. Wish i could afford to keep it and buy the 996. But that not the case. So im happy to answer any questions to interested parties. Im also advertising it at what i believe to be a fair market value today. A Brooklands Green NSX with 55k miles sold for $50k on BAT today. The price i paid for the car is not relevant to its market value. Sorry if my position or decision is not in agreement with all members here. And of course if it doesn't sell then i will continue to be enjoyed by me :-).

Last edited:
Back