1991 for $10,000?

Well let me save you some time and money. You buy me a round trip ticket to Kuwait (should be around $1200) and I will come
nutkick.gif
so that you will have that same sick feeling you will get when you lose your deposit. Same pain, half the cost.

Are you getting it yet?

Well let me save you some time and money. You buy me a round trip ticket to Kuwait (should be around $1200) and I will come
nutkick.gif
so that you will have that same sick feeling you will get when you lose your deposit. Same pain, half the cost.

Are you getting it yet?
New link in Bob's photo gallery, "Idiot in Kuwait":eek:

OK well I think there's been enough explanation as to why it could be no other than a scam, but really it's his decision and beating him over the head isn't going to make him think clearer.

My buddy tried and tried to rationalize this "too good to be true" deal with selling his ring and there was just no way to justify it. He held out hope that it just *might* be real despite my constant nagging so there's nothing we can do, it's all on him now to break the illusion.

1-we will do this deal ONLY with Great Shipping Economy 2-i will start the shipping first and you will receive a confirmation from Great Shipping Economy that the shipping is started.also you will receive the deposit form.

It sounds just like the scams they've been running on Ebay for NSX's. There's always this mysterious 3rd-party "shipping company" involved.

Run, don't walk. (away)

dang... im going to talk to the guy and send a friend out to look at the car in person before deciding what to do next. who knows, could definitely be a scam and the car probably doesnt even exist! but.... if the person on the other side is seriously getting rid of this car at that price... could you sleep at night knowing that you walked away from possibly owning an Acura NSX for only $10,000??? I couldnt...

Ask yourself: Why would he be selling a pristine '91 NSX for $10,000 when he could put it in Autotrader for $20K or even $25K and sell it within 24 hours?

If it's too good to be true....well you know the rest.

hey NSX Appeal I think I saw your car up for sale recently...very nice.

Was that really necessary?

Although the comment would appear harsh, taken in context it was necessary. If the OP is actually legit (I have some doubts considering this was the first post and I find it difficult to believe anyone would still fall for this scam and also am skeptical that the OP "knows nothing" about the NSX), he needs a wakeup call like this. Everyone has told him what he should have figured out and yet he still insists upon clinging to the delusion this is not a scam. If he actually sends a deposit then he deserves to lose the money.

Although the comment would appear harsh, taken in context it was necessary. If the OP is actually legit (I have some doubts considering this was the first post and I find it difficult to believe anyone would still fall for this scam and also am skeptical that the OP "knows nothing" about the NSX), he needs a wakeup call like this.

His agenda hasn't been established, so that's a supposition on your part.

He could be an enthusiastic person with little real-world experience in buying used automobiles, who is seeking some guidance from those who've been through it. Ad-hominem attacks serve no purpose other than to alienate potential members. If ad-homs are the rule here instead of the exception, I certainly won't be sticking around.

I guess in a good way, this is just a guy who has a passion for Nsx's. Good to see, but don't let greed of others put you in a bad position, even tho you seem genuine about the interest. Impulse buys normally has it's reprecussions. Time and place is everything from a financial stand point. This situation, time and place is in favour of the seller. Not you.

His agenda hasn't been established, so that's a supposition on your part.

He could be an enthusiastic person with little real-world experience in buying used automobiles, who is seeking some guidance from those who've been through it. Ad-hominem attacks serve no purpose other than to alienate potential members. If ad-homs are the rule here instead of the exception, I certainly won't be sticking around.

Yes, it is a supposition although it seems somewhat implausible that a potential buyer would have no knowledge of a car that has been relatively unchanged for 17 years and also believe it can be purchased for only $10,000. This is not a new scam. If he is legit, he came to the right place for information but yet he seems to reject the unanimous consensus of the informed members that he is about to become separated from his money by a scammer. If it takes an "ad hominem" attack to save him from becoming a victim, I would rather see that than think we coddled him and failed to protect him from himself.

Vossler,

Even though common sense should tell you at this point that this is a scam (one that we see every other day posted on this site), you seem to think there's a minute possibility that it isn't. This is what keeps these scams alive. Trust us, there is no car.

No VIN, no pics, in CA yet he wants to ship from a phantom shipping company - there is only 1 conclusion. Go ahead and waste more of your time if you want to learn a lesson the hard way.

Your greed is saddening. You are about to pay $10,000 for it. Human nature dictates that unrealized gains are more painful than realized losses. You are about to be a victim of it.

I think the guys got the point. But I definitly would like to see someone go by or make an appointment to look at the car just to see what gives.

alright well, enough bickering. Beating a dead horse here. :rolleyes: Let him make up his own mind. Arguing amongst yourselves, fellow NSX owners, makes us non-NSX owners wary of getting into one and submitting to the "prime test" :biggrin:

Either way, lose the $10,000 or see it for what it is, a lesson will be learned without any input from us.

well the thing is is that im in kuwait right now with work. I dont get back until Feb. No, I have not sent any money yet for deposit. just waiting for him to send me a number to call him and discuss. The guy has sent me multiple emails and described his terms for the sale. ill copy and paste it from the email i got from him... here it goes:

Hey bro,

Please read my terms of this sale:
1-we will do this deal ONLY with Great Shipping Economy 2-i will start the shipping first and you will receive a confirmation from Great Shipping Economy that the shipping is started.also you will receive the deposit form.
3-they will ask you to send a deposit of $2,500 (on one of their agent,for a better security),so i can be sure that i'm not selling the car for nothing.
4-after you put the money,you must send the deposit details to Great Shipping Economy via email or fax.(they will provide you the fax #) 5-i will NOT have access to any deposit details until you receive and until you are pleased with the condition of the car.
6-ONLY after you inspect and decide to keep the car,email Great Shipping Economy and tell them to release me the deposit details.
7-in case that you don't like the car,email Great Shipping Economy and request to get your money back.(you will NOT loose any money) 8-if you decide to keep the car,after i pick up the $2,500 deposit,we must discuss and see how and when you will be able to send the rest of money 9-for this i need your full name,full address (street,city,zip,state)so i can forward to Great Shipping Economy to start the transaction.
Thanks a nice day !

Alright, no i googled this "Great Shipping Economy" and nothing comes up. I would like to believe this is legit and it definitely sounds too good to be true. I wont go through with this until I'm absolutely sure it's legit. $2500 can buy lots of booze, gas and beautiful women :) haha. anyways, im going to keep following this and see where i end up, whether it's a scam or not... ill let you guys know. Keeping my fingers crossed that this guy probably just bought a new bugatti and needs the room beside his modenas, gallardos, and maseratis haha!

I have read many similar emails like the one you received relating to NSX being sold at well below market value. Just ask yourself one question, if you own this NSX, would you sell it for $10,000 to someone 50 miles away and demand the car be ship via car carrier? The seller probably will want the money to be wire transfer or Western Union. Good luck on your search.

Maybe there is a Prime member in your area that can confirm the car is FS and is/is'nt a scam.

Thanks for all the advice. Between my research on the cars' history, market values, etc... and being the owner of 7 cars... it didnt hurt to come here to get an opinion. im 90% sure it's a scam... but like i said... i couldnt sleep without knowing for sure. 100%. The guy is still in contact through email with me... and every time he sends an email, he doesnt answer all of my questions, dodges around some. The latest email he sent me after i asked for his number was this: he gave me the number but it was his brother's number haha and he wasnt available. who owns an NSX this nice (pics attached that he sent me) and doesnt have a phone of their own... also, doing further research i found that he was selling other sports cars with the same short car description for the same price of $10,000 and the same number. if he was trying to sell the cars he claims he has, he wouldnt have his brother's number..... ahh, whatever. I know this is a scam... 7 cars later... not stupid. But i want to know if there is a way now to actually catch the guy? i wonder if there is a way to outsmart this guy while he thinks im a soft target and beat his ass. I looked in the whitepages.com and found a few him very close to where i live. i think im more enthused about proving that the car isnt real now haha. Well it would have been nice to join this crowd as this is a beautiful car, but i dont think my bank account can allow it unless i can overdraft tens of thousands. anyways, ill keep in contact and tell everyone where this goes! laters

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 47
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 53
alright, check out what i did. I wrote him a nice email:

Mr. Berglund (if that is your name),

I regretfully have to say that I don’t think I can any longer follow through with this deal. Although, the car in the pictures is a very nice car... I just don’t think the car exists. I would love to own that car. But $10,000 is a steal. No, wait, It is "Robbery and Rape" of the NSX car market. You are dodging all of my legitimate questions and all of the signs are pointing towards..."SCAM." First of all, the shipping company that you mentioned cant be found ANYWHERE on the internet... And this day and age... Everything is on the internet. You said I could email the company... But they don’t even have a website? Also, any owner or enthusiast of this car and someone who has done this much after-market modifications to the car, must love the car and know it's value. You could easily get over $30,000 for the car any time of the day. Also, these cars are not cheap, and that's a pretty nice house you have in the background of the pictures... I think you could afford your own cell phone or something and not rely on your brother to give you your messages. Another thing... I told you that I live within 50 miles of your house, why would you want to ship me the car? I think you are trying to get my address and information to fuck with me. As well as sending the deposit to this 'fake' shipping company... That is probably in your name and you have access to the funds right away. I have never heard of anyone doing business like this.

Now with that being said, I'm going to give you a warning right now. I am in the Military and serving my country overseas in the middle east. I am in a battalion that has detachments all over the world at the moment, from Africa, Spain to Iraq. We are not over here putting our time in just to earn some money for college and some spending money to throw into a scammer's pocket. This money is definitely hard-earned and I'll be damned if you are going to get any of it. I think it would be in your best interest to move. Yes, move. When I get back to California, I'm going to look for you and you are going to be sorry you did not take this advice. My buddies in the IT shop are going to get onto this network and locate a physical and virtual address where these emails are coming from. You ever watch the commercials on T.V.? Our technology is awesome and our computer geeks would love to follow through on something like this. I'm actually excited! The police are also going to be notified as well and will be tracing that number you gave me to find out who you are. Expect some trouble to come of this as well as a face-to-face meet and greet with me someday. Goodbye and have a nice day sir.

Regards,
Brent Vossler

I wonder if this scares him? maybe!!? haha, well the signs were definitely there. and im just going to have to bite the bullet and get the corvette that i originally sought after... ill keep posted on what he replies back :)

I'm really glad you didn't lose any money, but I don't think a scammer sitting at an anonymous computer in an internet cafe in Nigeria is going to feel very threatened. Next time don't waste your time unless you're serious about messing with them.

Why 50 posts about this?! One big ITS A SCAM response and lock the thread. Noone will sell you smtg for $10K when he can take 20 immediately, simple as that.

Vossler,
I was hoping the best for you and keep my fingers cross and wishing you the best of luck with this because you will probably have a better shot at winning the lotto than actually ending up driving this nsx into your garage for the $10k price tag. I am sorry to hear all the BS you had to endure, it sucks and such a waste of time. These kind of scams go on all day long on Craigslist. My one rule of thumb is if you can't speak with them in person or at least over the phone, don't proceed to the next step.

anyway..good luck with the vette purchase if you are looking into that, but drop on by Prime sometimes. We welcome everybody.

Given enuf time, there are enough members in here to figure out who that car belongs to. It's modified quite extemsively on the exterior, and quite noticeble. Weather it's pics been jacked is another issue.

Back