1991-1994 value

Considering purchase of 1991 black - manual NSX with 40,000 miles.Same owner 10 yrs.Basically unmolested very clean car.Getting back into the market after selling 1992 NSX some years ago.Is the car worth over $40k ? Thanks in advance guys !!

Considering purchase of 1991 black - manual NSX with 40,000 miles.Same owner 10 yrs.Basically unmolested very clean car.Getting back into the market after selling 1992 NSX some years ago.Is the car worth over $40k ? Thanks in advance guys !!

It might be worth $40k depending on the history & maintenance records. 40,000 miles is still fairly low mileage and if the maintenance is good and the car has no stories, it could be at the top of the market price wise. And that top is around $45k so you are in that ballpark.

Dunno if this graph helps or not. The car you are looking at is most likely not a Condition 1 car (there are very, very few of those despite what sellers will say), but could very well be a Condition 2 car.
Q9cMDi.gif

i would save up a few more thousands and buy an 02+ for around 50k. Better resell value and looks. My two cent

There is a lot of talk of the new Nsx driving up prices on ours. Don't you guys think that lots of na1 and na2 will be available since many guys will sell to get the new Nsx? Or perhaps the new one will not be up to par and get weak press, driving ppl back to wanting the original! I assume people who can afford 200 k won't have to sell their current model to be able to afford the new one. Maybe there will be nothing special about the new one and the fact of marketing will bring back the polularity of the old, driving up demand. Thoughts?

I just don't see anyone who can afford 2.0 comfortably to get rid of current gen. It just doesn't make sense. It may happen in isolated case but it won't have wide spread nature. That's indeed if 2.0 would be worth 100k+ price tag.

Answering original question: nsx market is very small. Get ready to pay premium for clean car even with higher than average mileage. One can argue how much specific example is worth but it's nothing if you have only two cars to choose from. Which is usually very realistic. I would ask this question instead: is this specific car is clean enough to buy it regardless of market price deviation.

Last edited:
Based on prices I've seen lately...admittedly only asking prices...$40K seems high/average for a 40K mile example.

If it was me, I'd offer 36K and pay up to 38K IF the following were true:
-clear title (obviously)
-no CELs or other idiot lights (obviously)
-color combination I wanted.
-reasonably complete maintenance history documentation
-wearables (tb/wp hoses, tires, etc. etc.) had been taken care of base on TIME (since mileage is so low).
-cosmetically near perfect with minimal wear, original paint, no scratches, minimal stone chips, no dents or dimples. Interior near perfect with maybe some wear on driver's side seat bolster but no bubbling or scratches in center console and door switch trim, no dash trim crack at the windshield, EVERYTHING working.
-updates/fixes already done for power windows, CCU, audio head unit and speakers, etc.
-ALL OEM, with spare, tools, etc in place, or with original OEM parts included where aftermarket installed. Exception might be exhaust system.

I would go several thousand higher if EVERYTHING was PERFECT (down to a spotless undercarriage) OR for Sebring silver with ivory interior (only 9 sold in US)

Add maybe 5K for a Comptech supercharger, more if it was dealer-installed prior to first sale. Same for Comptech "performance option": dealer-installed headers, exhaust, and maybe more.

Of course that's just me and that's how I perceive value. Others might pay a premium for aftermarket parts they would want on the car anyway, especially high-buck items like bbk, high end coilovers, turbo, etc.

Last edited:
You were right on the money with your assessment,the car I purchased was all you had mentioned including the spotless undercarriage and original 39,000 mile owner. Purchased for 39k. Thanks

Back