• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

18x10 1/2

I'd recommend against this setup. When I bought my car, the previous owner had put on a set of very good looking concave 10-1/2" TE-37's on 275 tires and I had quite a bit of rubbing when running the car on canyon roads. A 295 would only be worse unless you're running a wide body rear. Now, if the car is simply going to sit on a showroom floor, do whatever you want.

Also, unless you're putting out a whole lot more hp than stock, the car really doesn't benefit from such a wide rear. Keep in mind the limitations of the front end as well. You really don't want a super-wide rear with a relatively narrow front end or you'll just understeer everywhere.

Just my two cents. There are far more qualified guys on here that can dive deeper into why this wouldn't be a good idea.

I have run both 295/30/18 and now 305/35/18 in the rear on a 18x10 with 35mm offset. No rubbing on either. I am also running a KWV3 suspension. You have to make sure you have the right offset for the 295. The 305/35/18 is taller and I adjusted the ride height of the suspension.

Last edited:
You can run the 295/30/18 on 10.5 but you need the correct offset.

+40 or so.

I have run 19x10.5 for a longtime with no rubbing issues whatsoever. Offsets do need to be in the 40 range like Angus says.

18x10.5 +42 (same as 18x10 +35) or preferably 18x10.5 +45 (same as 18x10 +38) would be a better choice for clearance without having to run excessive camber to make the tire fit.

Back