18 hr. Trip in NSX Tomorrow

Did 1500 miles over 3 days. After day 2 my ears were hurting due to the road noise. The cabin is not known for its quietness and infact many folks add sound proofing material in the doors and under the seats. Went and bought ear plus and that was a blessing !! Had more window door seals checked.... after I got back... maybe it was my tires... I changes them to Falken 615's and it seems quieter, but then again....
I have not had a repeat performance of my 1500 mile trip so who knows.

Bring a radar detector.

Hey man, congradulations on your purchase. I'm hoping I'm on the same page in the near future.
Have fun, keep your distance - I agree w/the post about big rigs and trucks. My thought process on that is double your usual driving distance.

I just finished 1800+ miles in 3 days and loved it . (Orlando to Denver)
My car has the stock exhaust and was very quiet and rattle free the entire way. Actually it is much better on the highway than in town. The ride was much smoother than I expected.
This time of year there isn't much sand or gravel on the roads but I was still careful to stay away from cars and trucks except to pass, else set the cruise, listen to tunes, relax and enjoy the scenery. (Expect cars to pull alongside to check you out-even State Patrol cars- Illinios Patrol did that to me).
It took an hour or so to wash the car after getting home but that was fun too. Use LOTS of car wash soap and be gentle, you don't want to scrape the paint with that crud. I used a micro fiber cloth soaked with soap.
Congrats !

I purchased mine back in Nov 06' in Denver, and drove her all the way to Chicago non-stop. I had a friend help me with the drive.

Big 2nd on getting the 3M painter's blue tape. Get a couple roles. Make sure to apply it to you mirros and the inner edge of your spoiler, as well as the entire front nose(obviously). You'll look stupid driving down the hwy, but who cares, you need to protect her.

I would also pick up a gallon of Honda Type 2 premixed coolant just as a precaution. You can get it at any Honda dealer for $12-15.

Grab a couple quarts of Mobil 1 10W30 Synthetic. Probably overkill, but still best to be prepared.

Not to turn this thread into everyones "long-distance" drive story but here is mine: two weeks after I bought my NSX I drove up-to Lancaster PA from Austin TX spending the night in Nashville. Let me tell all of you, that was one great drive and I am glad I was in an NSX :biggrin:

I caught I40 just outside of Little Rock and took it all the way across Tennessee catching I80 the rest of the way to Harrisburg and then over to Lancaster. The west side of Virginia is beautiful but the speed limit drops to 65 :frown:

Before I made the trip I dropped off the car at the local Acura dealer just to have a complete look-over since I had only known her for a week before the trip. She was given a clean bill of health so off I went.

Anyways, the NSX is a GREAT travel car if you do not have a ton of luggage. Next I have a friend in Washington so next summer that will be my trip (I can not wait to get my NAV system in place for that drive) Hell, I bought the car to drive it so why not drive it? :biggrin:

Not to turn this thread into everyones "long-distance" drive story but here is mine: two weeks after I bought my NSX I drove up-to Lancaster PA from Austin TX spending the night in Nashville. Let me tell all of you, that was one great drive and I am glad I was in an NSX :biggrin:

I caught I40 just outside of Little Rock and took it all the way across Tennessee catching I80 the rest of the way to Harrisburg and then over to Lancaster. The west side of Virginia is beautiful but the speed limit drops to 65 :frown:

Before I made the trip I dropped off the car at the local Acura dealer just to have a complete look-over since I had only known her for a week before the trip. She was given a clean bill of health so off I went.

Anyways, the NSX is a GREAT travel car if you do not have a ton of luggage. Next I have a friend in Washington so next summer that will be my trip (I can not wait to get my NAV system in place for that drive) Hell, I bought the car to drive it so why not drive it? :biggrin:

I know the feeling... looking to install Nav,ipod,rear camera.

Back