07 TL Type-S

Uses the RL engine but dunno if its awd?

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060808/FREE/60808002/1024/TOC01ARCHIVE

I knew the Type S would come eventually and make the regular one look plain. IMO, needs a Spec-A kit to go along with those sporty wheels. But I'm feeling the exhaust tips :)

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.d...=PHOTOS01&ArtNo=808002&Ref=PH&Params=Itemnr=1

I just know some people driving this will want to race a nsx just for shizz and giggles...good thing I got the mods coming soon :)

It's not AWD and will have 286 hp. I think this might be a repost, but it's ok because it hasn't been brought up or updated recently. We just ordered 7 of them at our dealership, but no six speeds.:frown:

White92 said:
We just ordered 7 of them at our dealership, but no six speeds.:frown:

You must have a smart GM, we have tons of 6 speeds in stock that we dont sell. Although a Type S 6 speed would probably the only way to go.:wink:

The Kid said:
You must have a smart GM, we have tons of 6 speeds in stock that we dont sell. Although a Type S 6 speed would probably the only way to go.:wink:

He's pretty smart. (most of the time:tongue: ) We have 3 2006 6-speeds in stock right now. They have been here for awhile. 2 black/black navi and one Anthracite/black navi. Any of these would be my first choice. Some people like the 6 speed, but don't buy for a daily driver. I don't know why. We sell alot of automatics. Probably 98% of the TL's we sell are automatics.

The 07 Type S will have the 5 speed auto with the paddle shifters though. That should be pretty cool.

I currently have an 04 TL silver/black auto w/Navi. I'm SERIOUSLY considering trading mine in on one if I like it enough. I'll probably go back with another automatic since it will be the family car and is nice to be able to drive around sometimes without shifting gears. I've seen pics of the blue exterior and I kinda like it. Want to see the whole pallett of choices before I make a solid decision about that part of it.
Any idea when they should be out?

This give people even less reason to get the RL. And based on the new hp rating system, this really has more hp than the nsx :frown:

Price is going to be around $39k. It will be offered in either a 6-speed manual or the 5 speed auto WITH paddle shifters. That should be alot of fun. Colors are already out. The brochure is not at the dealerships yet, but the colors are there. There is even a perforated black/quartz combo color that you can get with it.

I'm not sure if the same people looking at the RL will be the same people looking at the TL Type S though. I know that someone above made that comparison. Sure the pricing is that different, but they are 2 pretty different cars. Now if they made a Type S RL with the new 3.7 V6 MDX engine....:smile:

I'm sure the RL will have that engine in the not too distant future. Seems pretty logical to me anyway. I only hope the next step above a large 3.7 V6 would be a V8. Cross your fingers.

White92 said:
Price is going to be around $39k. It will be offered in either a 6-speed manual or the 5 speed auto WITH paddle shifters. That should be alot of fun. Colors are already out. The brochure is not at the dealerships yet, but the colors are there. There is even a perforated black/quartz combo color that you can get with it.

I'm not sure if the same people looking at the RL will be the same people looking at the TL Type S though. I know that someone above made that comparison. Sure the pricing is that different, but they are 2 pretty different cars. Now if they made a Type S RL with the new 3.7 V6 MDX engine....:smile:

I'm sure the RL will have that engine in the not too distant future. Seems pretty logical to me anyway. I only hope the next step above a large 3.7 V6 would be a V8. Cross your fingers.

They havent raised the MSRP on this car since like 2002 I was hoping to get it for about what I paid for my 06 TL

Acura NsX Pilot said:
They havent raised the MSRP on this car since like 2002 I was hoping to get it for about what I paid for my 06 TL

They haven't raised MSRP on which car? Which one were you hoping to get?

robr said:
The 07 TL might be around the same price, but certainly not the Type-S

Correct. I've read that the Type S will be about $39k-$40k. The base TL will only be available with the sequential sportshift auto. No more 6-speed for the base TL. The Type S comes with navigation standard and you just pick the transmission, a 6-speed manual or a new 5 speed auto with the paddle shifters. Either transmission will include 4 piston Brembo brakes. The Type S also will come with Active Noise Cancellation as found on the RL. All will include a remote start feature called One Touch Start.

Back