05 NSX @ Niello Acura/Sacramento

Don't mean to rain on anyone's parade but yellow cars, although what some really like, is not the most popular color. It has low mileage but not so low that you wouldn't want to drive it. I think it's very nice, it's a 2005 - last year of course and becuase of that it should sell for a premium but for basically 70k it's priced too high imho.

Dealers like this always think they have found "the" car - it's not that. There is no talk of maintenance and I would guess that whoever owns it may have been to the dealer and they may have said - it's time for the TB/WP and maybe something else - who knows but it is on year 7 - by mileage it's fine, so that's a sign that it may need some catching up maintenance wise.

Car's nice but I'd be thinking around 10k less at least. I personally wouldn't pay 60k for it. Some might but it's going to sit there a while at that price unless things have changed lately.

I personally stay away from small time dealers. This wouldn't fit the bill for me if that is what I was looking for. It's a nice one though.

I agree the price is a bit on the high side, but it's a nice car for sure.

For close to $70K I would probably consider some other options ...

Niello is not a small dealership. The full name is Niello Auto Group which consists famous names such as Porsche, BMW, VW, Acura, Infiniti, Jaguar, Mini, Land Rover and even Maserati.

Niello is not a small dealership. The full name is Niello Auto Group which consists famous names such as Porsche, BMW, VW, Acura, Infiniti, Jaguar, Mini, Land Rover and even Maserati.

Correct. They are a big time dealer in Sacramento.

Niello is probably one of the Acura dealership that sells the most NSXs around the Bay Area ... IIRC they had some nice late models for sale in the past.

Last year they had a 2000 Silverstone on the lot with 77k miles. Price started at $44k and eventually dropped to $39,9xx, was sold shortly thereafter.

I was told that all the maintenance(timing belt, wp etc) is up to date. I would not pay for the asking price anyway. I just want somebody to check it put for me before I start negotiating with them.

Don't mean to rain on anyone's parade but yellow cars, although what some really like, is not the most popular color. It has low mileage but not so low that you wouldn't want to drive it. I think it's very nice, it's a 2005 - last year of course and becuase of that it should sell for a premium but for basically 70k it's priced too high imho.

Dealers like this always think they have found "the" car - it's not that. There is no talk of maintenance and I would guess that whoever owns it may have been to the dealer and they may have said - it's time for the TB/WP and maybe something else - who knows but it is on year 7 - by mileage it's fine, so that's a sign that it may need some catching up maintenance wise.

Car's nice but I'd be thinking around 10k less at least. I personally wouldn't pay 60k for it. Some might but it's going to sit there a while at that price unless things have changed lately.

I personally stay away from small time dealers. This wouldn't fit the bill for me if that is what I was looking for. It's a nice one though.

Last edited:
I checked the NSX out a few weeks ago and here are my conclusions based on my experience as I have had 2 NSX's and I am very particular for details. I do not work for, nor have any affiliation with the dealership. As you can see I do not post much, but since many NSXPrimers have helped me before when I was looking for an NSX, I would like to do a favor for others and save some legwork and time.

Exterior: Yellow paint in excellent shape, very few chips in front. No dents nor scratches. No clear bra.
Interior: Leather driver bolster mild wear appropriate for 20-30K mile car, but no fading of leather color, no rips, no tear. Metallic console near right elbow has a linear scratch. No signs of cigarette smoking.
Engine bay: slightly dusty, not concourse clean
Wheels: no curb rashes nor significant nicks.
Tires: new, not OEM
Maintenance: Timing belt/water pump was done inhouse at their dealership. I have taken my previous NSX's here for service before and know the main NSX tech guy, Bruce Pettite, who has worked on many NSX's for the dealership. I was told by the salesman that this NSX was driven often by the one original owner as evidenced by the 30k miles for a 7 year old NSX.
I did not take the targa off, and did not have a chance to drive it.

Overall: Of course, subjective. Very nice NSX, but not immaculate.

Pricing: It's been on the market for about 6 weeks. I have negotiated with salesman and used car manager a few times, and they would budge only a little.

I hope this helps and if you have any questions, feel free to PM.

I was told by them that is no rock chips at all.

I checked the NSX out a few weeks ago and here are my conclusions based on my experience as I have had 2 NSX's and I am very particular for details. I do not work for, nor have any affiliation with the dealership. As you can see I do not post much, but since many NSXPrimers have helped me before when I was looking for an NSX, I would like to do a favor for others and save some legwork and time.

Exterior: Yellow paint in excellent shape, very few chips in front. No dents nor scratches. No clear bra.
Interior: Leather driver bolster mild wear appropriate for 20-30K mile car, but no fading of leather color, no rips, no tear. Metallic console near right elbow has a linear scratch. No signs of cigarette smoking.
Engine bay: slightly dusty, not concourse clean
Wheels: no curb rashes nor significant nicks.
Tires: new, not OEM
Maintenance: Timing belt/water pump was done inhouse at their dealership. I have taken my previous NSX's here for service before and know the main NSX tech guy, Bruce Pettite, who has worked on many NSX's for the dealership. I was told by the salesman that this NSX was driven often by the one original owner as evidenced by the 30k miles for a 7 year old NSX.
I did not take the targa off, and did not have a chance to drive it.

Overall: Of course, subjective. Very nice NSX, but not immaculate.

Pricing: It's been on the market for about 6 weeks. I have negotiated with salesman and used car manager a few times, and they would budge only a little.

I hope this helps and if you have any questions, feel free to PM.

I have found this link to be very useful in determining asking prices of cars. I've set this up for 2005 NSX. If the link doesn't work for you, you may need to start search over again.

http://www.vast.com/cars/range-50/make-Acura/model-NSX/trim-T/year-2005-2005

From what I've seen on the values, the Niello NSX asking price is right in the ballpark of 2005's. You may be able to get a little bit off the asking price if you show them the other dealer's asking prices.

It would appear things have changed.

When I was in the market, I tracked prices from last summer (20011) to the fall and 2005s with under 10k miles were listing for over $75k (and often not selling) and those with higher mileage were selling just under $70k. So their price seems pretty dead on to the market if you talk a few thousand dollars off of it.

While you personally may not be willing to pay $60k for it, the market seems to indicate that it would fly off the shelves for $60k.

It seems everyone thinks the price is too high. What is it worth with new tires and maintenance done? $62 to 64k?

Niello is probably one of the Acura dealership that sells the most NSXs around the Bay Area ... IIRC they had some nice late models for sale in the past.

Tim must not have realized Niello is a large Acura Dealership.

I personally have never been there... but I have checked out their website.

My 91 Formula Red/Black, 5 spd, NSX began it's life at Niello Acura. It was sold there new on 6/21/1991, Mileage at purchase: 30.

I wasn't the original owner... I wouldn't mind knowing who was, but I doubt that will ever happen.

The price seems a little high...

Tim must not have realized Niello is a large Acura Dealership.

Precisely the point I was trying to elicit. Often it takes only one such not clarified post to perpetuate an unwarranted stigma - even when it was not intentionally stated.

I am on my 5th Acura from Niello Acura. They have also been very supportive of the NSXCA and they were the first dealership to financially underwrite/sponsor an NSXPO back in 2003.

But like any business, they are not going to give a car away if they can make a profit, especially if the buyer is not local where there is no potential to capture service revenues. Let's be real, its a negotiation process after all.

Last edited:
When the dealer I traded my White '05 into put it up for sale, some of the same know-it-alls came on Prime to tell the world how out of line it was priced. Even had the nerve to jump on me personally by PM.

Car sold in 7 days.

When the dealer I traded my White '05 into put it up for sale, some of the same know-it-alls came on Prime to tell the world how out of line it was priced. Even had the nerve to jump on me personally by PM.

Car sold in 7 days.

Mind to share how much you sold to the dealer and how much the dealer was asking?

Just returned from checking this car in person. Beautiful. Yellow isn't my thing but I'd sure as hell drive this yellow car :) $70,000 looks to be right where the market asking price sits for a car like this and I venture to think it'll sell for close to it. The guys at Niello Acura are the most laid back, polite and professional folks I've seen at a car dealership. I even mentioned to them that if the sales people at Niello BMW were as cool my fiance' would have made a purchase by now :wink:

Car sold in 7 days.

No such thing as "out of line" '02-'05 white NSX. :biggrin:
I was beginning to question if those were just mythical vehicles or real. Now I know.

Last edited:
I can go take some pictures and so on if you are interested. I TOTALLY agree with the Neillo BMW statement ... complete ass holes. The guys at Neillo Maserati right next store on the other hand are awesome.

Back