05 just arrived from the USA

After making a deal for a replacement to the 05 I sent to car heaven back in August, my new 05 has finally arrived. American Honda managed to make this much harder than it ever needed to be. I made the deal with the seller back in September, then I had to wait for the insurance to payout. Then we sent the bank draft to American Honda to pay for the car. They called me at work to ask where to send the title, I tell them the address and she put me on hold. She then tell me they will not mail the title to anyone out side the USA. I tell her to just forward it to the seller as he will send it with the car when it was shipped. So they send it in the standard mail. Then they filled out the title in the sellers name and still showed a lein on the car. Now we needed to get a letter from them that stated there was no lein on the car. We also now had to get the seller to sign over the title. Also We couldn't get the recall letter form them either. I was able to get the seller to call American Honda customer relations and got it for us. It took close to three weeks to get the paper work from them after they had the money. Then the trucking company took 12 days to get the car to us after they picked it up. But the car is now here and in good shape after the truck ride. One thing that was a surprise is I thought the car had black interior and when I openned the door I saw it had silver. I hope I get use to it. Overall the seller was very good and the car is in the condition he said it was. So now I have my third NSX. I will make sure this was lasts longer than the last one did.

I havent seen the stories of what happened to the first two but as a fellow NSX owner i must say .... BE CAREFUL WITH THIS ONE! These cars are too rare to be trashing.

Congrats on the new ride. I would like to see pictures of this silver interior as i have never seen that color interior before.

I havent seen the stories of what happened to the first two but as a fellow NSX owner i must say .... BE CAREFUL WITH THIS ONE! These cars are too rare to be trashing.

Congrats on the new ride. I would like to see pictures of this silver interior as i have never seen that color interior before.

Trust me I didn't plan on the last one getting trashed. I will be more carefull with this one. I've been lucking to find ones with low low mileage and don't want to do this again.

That's great that you got another one, I remember seeing the pictures of the previous accident, that had to be rough, it was such a nice car. Congratulations on your new one, it's too bad that a car company has to be like that, maybe if they hadn't been hosing us Canadians on car prices forever they wouldn't have to restrict us now.

Glad to hear you finally received your new car. You mentioned that the interior was silver and not black....I have to ask....did you not ask what color the interior was before buying it? :confused:

Either way. Glad you have the car now. Be careful, and good luck! :biggrin:

Meh...accidents happen and I'm glad your okay and that your back into NSX ownership!

Post some pictures of the Silver/Silver combination - must be rare!

Jetpilot

what made you think the interior was black? did the seller tell you it was or did you just assume it was? I would've also if the exterior is silver.
either way, I too would like to see that combo

Meh...accidents happen and I'm glad your okay and that your back into NSX ownership!

Post some pictures of the Silver/Silver combination - must be rare!

Jetpilot

29 Silver/Silver for '05 I believe....28 6 speed & 1 auto

Glad to hear you finally received your new car. You mentioned that the interior was silver and not black....I have to ask....did you not ask what color the interior was before buying it? :confused:

Either way. Glad you have the car now. Be careful, and good luck! :biggrin:

I was looking at 5 different 05's at one time and 3 were silver. I thought I had read in the first email from him that the interior was black. It was also listed in Dupont registry and maybe it was listed there with black. After reviewing the emails from him I now see no mention of interior color. All the others had black interior. I only had 2 pics one of the outside and one of the odometer. Everyone who has seen the car in the last 24 hours has liked the color except my wife and I. I'll get use to it. My 21 year old son said if I don't like it then he'll drive it and I can have his Civic.

Just close you eyes when you drive!!!
It looks good in the photos!
Hope to see you guys in Edmonton or around for 2008.
Trev

I passed up about 3 or 4 silver/black cars to get silver/silver. It looks very cool, I have yet to run into someone that didn't like it. How many other cars have a silver interior? Color matched to the outside?

You have a very rare and unique, and in my opinion cool looking interior. Frankly I would be happy its silver and not the everyday black that you see in everything from a Jetta to an Altima. As a plus, it stays super cool on hot summer days. If you really don't like it, I am sure more than one person on prime would be willing to swap their seats/interior with you.

I even had my door inserts done in silver instead of the black.

The silver interior looks great !!

If you plan on getting rid of the silver interior, put me down in line. I am wanting to go back to it.

Back