02 sells for $71k

I have no doubt that someone paid it. I wouldn't, however. A 02 is still an 02.

I hate to say it, but if I had to pay that kind of money on an NSX, I would get something else in that price range. $70-80K 2008 GTR? Don't get me wrong I love the NSX, but not that much. Maybe in the low 50k

Maybe if Honda had made a factory twin turbo in it.

Last edited:
I hate to say it, but if I had to pay that kind of money on an NSX, I would get something else in that price range. $70-80K 2008 GTR? Don't get me wrong I love the NSX, but not that much.

+1 So true...

It's too much by $10K

How do you know it sold for the asking price? Did you ask the seller?

Appreciate baby! Appreciate!

I know we could lump together 300 different threads into this one topic, but what does "too much" mean? I keep seeing people post that different cars are too much money. Does that mean too much money for them? More than they can afford? More than they're willing to spend? More than the car is worth? This simple comment can mean so many different things. I think any car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

If someone is looking for an NSX and comes across an early 91 with 900 miles and they pay $50k, does that mean the car is "too much"? I think that if that's what the buyer is looking for and they think that the car is worth $50k then it must be worth $50k. Maybe not to everyone, but to them it is.

I know we could lump together 300 different threads into this one topic, but what does "too much" mean? I keep seeing people post that different cars are too much money. Does that mean too much money for them? More than they can afford? More than they're willing to spend? More than the car is worth? This simple comment can mean so many different things. I think any car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

If someone is looking for an NSX and comes across an early 91 with 900 miles and they pay $50k, does that mean the car is "too much"? I think that if that's what the buyer is looking for and they think that the car is worth $50k then it must be worth $50k. Maybe not to everyone, but to them it is.

Excellent point.

Good point. For ME its "more than I am willing to spend" when I say "too much money".

I hate to say it, but if I had to pay that kind of money on an NSX, I would get something else in that price range. $70-80K 2008 GTR? Don't get me wrong I love the NSX, but not that much. Maybe in the low 50k

Maybe if Honda had made a factory twin turbo in it.

GTR in southern california dealerships are pre sold at $120K.
70-80K will not get you a GTR

70-80K will not get you a GTR

I passed on one for $79k. I was 10th on the list at the largest dealership in Chicago. I was told MAYBE 2009 production. They called me 2 weeks ago.

I couldn't stomach the $8k "dealer fee" for a car that I have never seen or driven. Not really in love.

To think people are paying $100k plus for a $70k car makes me sick. I guess you have to spend it on something!

I guess, however, I should have done this!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2009...222762982QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item330222762982

Give it 3 years and the GT-R will be overproduced and selling for $50k new. used will be under $40. I paid $68+tax for my Nsx and would not sell it for more than it is worth because I get way more enjoyment than the car is worth. When I drive this car it reminds me why I go to work and enjoy the good life. Remember its to expensive when you can't afford it. That is all relative to each persons lifestyle.

Give it 3 years and the GT-R will be overproduced and selling for $50k new. used will be under $40. I paid $68+tax for my Nsx and would not sell it for more than it is worth because I get way more enjoyment than the car is worth. When I drive this car it reminds me why I go to work and enjoy the good life. Remember its to expensive when you can't afford it. That is all relative to each persons lifestyle.

AMEN brutha!!!

plus 2!

pre-ordered the "Skyline" as my snow car, cause you have to have all wheel in DC in case it rains. wonder if it will handle as well as the RL in the rain and one snow fall a year. I concur that that driving the NSX is like no other car I have driven. Although I paid less for my 928S, it was way more expensive to me in 1990, vs. my NSX 6 months ago. As I drove my p car, I just longed for the NSX when it came out only because I never saw one. I've been in Puerto Rico for a week and no nsx seen. I saw one in Florida last month and never saw one in Newport Beach as we drove around in my buddies Ferrarri. I kept checking for leaking oil ... there were F and P cars everywhere. If I overpaid 10K or more for the right car, I just rationalize and live with it. Just make sure, you enjoy it every time you turn that baby on.

On another note, where do you get touch up paint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by White92

Good point. For ME its "more than I am willing to spend" when I say "too much money".

agreed and for me if it's more then the general public will spend I say too much money for me to spend.

I have no doubt a 91 with 900 miles would sell for 50k and I would be filled with excitement writing a check for 30k for that 91.

Back