'02 rear valence question

MvM

Legendary Member
I am in the process of getting all the parts together that I will need to fix my NSX. One of the things I am considering in the process is upgrading the rear valence with the '02-version.
My NSX is a European '94 and I seem to recall the rear bumper is different from the US-spec one.
So, the question I have is if the '02 rear valence will be a simple bolt on to the rear bumper. Also considering the fact that I have a Taitec exhaust instead of the OEM one.
Thanks in advance for any info on this subject.

The difference between the US & European spec bumpers is the size/shape of the indent for the rear number plate (Euro plates are long, while US are more square). I would imagine that as long as you get the Euro rear lower valance, it should match up to the top just as easily as the US item does to its couterpart. The exhaust should make no difference (I believe all the Taitecs are single tip)
Remember to get the "stay" bracket - that is different on the US '02's and I would imagine like-wise on the Euro's. If you don't get that, it will cinch up the center of the bumper, because it is ~ 15mm lower.

Thanks everyone for the info.
I have had some private replies as well and everyone seems to tell me the same. As long as I buy the European-spec valence it should fit the old bumper.

I have never see an 02 European-spec valence, if you find out anything please post it. I own a NSX with European-spec rear bumper too, i want to get the 02 rear valence too. Thanks.

Back