02+ Rear Conversion

I will be updating my 93 with the 02+ Tail Lens (all 3 pieces) and the lower Valance.

My questions are do I need to order/replace the gaskets etc? is it a straight bolt on mod?, was it easy for the DIY or do I need a shop for installation ?

I clicked on search but mainly found updating the center piece and/or replacing the "A" symbol and how tedious to pry the center piece open.

I want to do the whole 3 pieces and need tips and feedbacks from anyone who has done the operation.

Thanks Ken (Decosse) for the PM on the lower valance as I will be doing that as well.

TIA

Last edited:
I had installed mine

For the taillights you will need to replace the gasket. I am not sure if it was supplied separately but mine comes with the taillights. Also as a side note you might want to drill a small hole under the taillight piece or seal the top to prevent water from entering. Mine already has water on the right side and it has been a week now and the water is still there.

Re: I had installed mine

Jin1976 said:
For the taillights you will need to replace the gasket. I am not sure if it was supplied separately but mine comes with the taillights. Also as a side note you might want to drill a small hole under the taillight piece or seal the top to prevent water from entering. Mine already has water on the right side and it has been a week now and the water is still there.

Yes, I think the gaskets were sold separately and I wasnt sure if it was necessary but I'll be sure and replace them (thanks).

Did you buy it new? :confused: why does it have water? Thanks for the feedback.

Re: Re: I had installed mine

spartan2-3 said:
Yes, I think the gaskets were sold separately and I wasnt sure if it was necessary but I'll be sure and replace them (thanks).

Did you buy it new? :confused: why does it have water? Thanks for the feedback.
The gaskets were sold separately :mad: I would definitely suggest replacing them. My old ones were in terrible shape. I also used some simple green and cleaned (extensively) the area where the gasket fits to the body, to ensure a good seal. Been almost a year now and I have no water leaks, and no fogging :)

Hey, for what is it worth, I called Niello Acura in Sacramento, (1.800.350.2299) California today to get a price on an '02 rear valance and bracket to convert my '01 to the newer valance. Their price was $559.72 for the valance, $17.28 for the new bracket, which you apparently need to make this swap. The retail on this item is $700 plus dollars according to them.

They also quoted me $20 to ship the parts to me.

I am still shopping to see if I can do better. I believe cost on the valance is $459.72. I woulkd like to buy one for $500, that still gives the dealership almost a 10% profit.

Let me know if anyone can find a better price. Oh, I am not interested in an aftermarket part, I want original Acura parts.

Thanks, Cairo

No that is box stock from Acura, paint is on you. Once I get my car, it is enroute from New Jersey, I am going to do this as my first modification. Once it is done I will let the board know what it cost and post some pics. Cairo

Cairo, I got mine from Niello Acura at the price you posted, the paint and install cost me nearly $500. I could have gotten it for half that but instead I went with a reputable shop.

Will you be doing the full conversion or just the Valance?

I did the whole rear conversion and I gotta tell you, I catch myself staring at her rear more often :D

DSCF0405.jpg

I am not sure what you mean by the full conversion. I am going to do the tail lights too, but not at the same time, because I think the lights are like $900 if memory serves me from previous posts.

I also will do a HID headlight conversion, like I have done on my '03 Accord. It is worth the money.

I want to spread out the pain after having just bought the car. Don't want the wife to get upset ya know.

Let me know what else you think shoudl be done to the '01's.
Thanks, Cairo

spartan2-3 said:
Cairo, I got mine from Niello Acura at the price you posted, the paint and install cost me nearly $500.

You got it from Niello's and got it painted for about $500bucks? what is your secret?

PoohBEAR said:
You got it from Niello's and got it painted for about $500bucks? what is your secret?
----------------------------------------------------------------------
NSXca emember!!!!man! where have you been?
-Aaron

alrite punk................but at $500 bucks, painted and installlllllled?

Zanardi 0 said:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
NSXca emember!!!!man! where have you been?
-Aaron

I would like to do the rear '02 valence as well, but do not know if it will interfere with a Taitec JGTC exhaust for my '94 NSX. :(

Meeyatch1 said:
I would like to do the rear '02 valence as well, but do not know if it will interfere with a Taitec JGTC exhaust for my '94 NSX. :(

I thought the only one that wont fit with the 02 rear is the anytime...:(

Meeyatch1 said:

Meeyatch1, I have the "Taitec JGTC" (pictured above) fits fine to me.

Zanardi 0 is right, NSXCA Discount :D.

Poohbear, the $460 was just for the paint and install and not the parts.

Last edited:
I got my 02 rear valance+ braket from Neillo couple of days ago, paid $578 shipped to Houston.....btw: does anyone know where i can get the after market sub(mini) spoiler for the 02 ? the one on the trunk lid.
OEM new is $510 (painted, but only in new formula red).

Last edited:
Fastrunner said:
I got my 02 rear valance+ braket from Neillo couple of days ago, paid $578 shipped to Houston.....btw: does anyone know where i can get the sub(mini) spoiler for the 02 ? the one on the trunk lid.
Neillo said the price is $510 (painted, but only in new formula red) and i just want to see if there is an after market one.

I think Dali Sells them for $100 un-painted.

Aaron, just trying to be like you bro :D geesh your daughter is growing fast...soon she'll be driving your "X" :D

spartan2-3 said:
Aaron, just trying to be like you bro :D geesh your daughter is growing fast...soon she'll be driving your "X" :D [/B]
---------------------------------------------------------------------
What you're talking about Romeo! driving my X!!!!!:D Yes, been three month already. She a doll! she smiles now!!!very cute, there nothing like having a little one of your own.
-Aaron

Last edited:
Meeyatch1 said:
I plan to do the '02 valance as well...

AFAIK most single-tip parallel-exit exhausts (including the Taitec JGTC parallel exit, most Comptech, RM/BBE oval tips) should fit.

The only known problems:
- dual-tip exhausts (RM/BBE DTM tips, Anytime, Tubi) -- though a smaller-diameter dual-tip RS*R might clear it
- center-exit exhausts (Taitec JGTC center-exit)

Back