02' imola/imola--is it worth it

I have an opportunity to get my hands on a 02' imola/imola. The car has 16000km(10000miles) and was the show car in Canada last year and it was also used by jounalists for the car of the year segment on our tv show called Motoring. I am uncomfortable with the fact that the car was pushed hard. The car is available only through a dealer. They started at 110000cdn(73000us), I went and saw the car, i was pretty impressed with the color combo live. Now the canadian market is a little different than the us, I see on prime that a 97' goes for around 45kus which is about 68000cdn, that is very inexpensive, I can't find any for under 85000cdn(58000us). So I think I could get it for 95000cdn(63000us), what should I do. I just started looking for a 6speed targa and now I am up to 95000cdn. Please help a very confused member. Thanks

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
I think USD63K for a 2002 with 10K miles on it is an extremely attractive price.
Especially in that color combination. Definitely my all time favorite. how many in that color combo were made world wide, anyone know?

i live in canada and i saw that imola nsx at the car show last year. that was amazing. was one of the convincing factors to purchased a nsx.... i searched the market hard in canada to get a decent nsx. most cars that come from eastern canada will suffer from rust(due to the amount of salt used there) there aren't that many nsx s up here to really chose from and the one that i see are for top dollar. my $.02

i purchased a 2002 yellow/yellow earlier this year, and i have to say that the $63K USD price you mentioned is extremely reasonable even for a car that has 10k miles. I wouldn't wait too long to decide.

i think that's a reasonable price. i wouldn't mind paying more for the imola if i had the money. as far as i know, for year 02, there were less than 10 imolas shipped to the U.S. it's an extremely rare piece of art. just do it. someday, i want to get an imola too. how do you find these show vehicles and stuff? does anyone know the best way to look or shop for imolas???

Originally posted by s14silvia:
does anyone know the best way to look or shop for imolas???

Any Acura dealer can look up new car inventory (even by color) at all dealers nationwide.

Well, I guess I'll go against the tide here.

A one year old car with 10,000 miles on it and that it was knowingly pushed hard all that time?

No thanks. Even if the price is attractive.

But that's me.

Thanks everyone for your support and opinions. I just came back from the dealer and offered them 90000cdn(59000us) because I' m not that comfortable with the way the miles where put. He will get back to me by friday. I know that asking this question on this board I will get bias opinions, but I need to get some feedback. I will have to sell my 93' sebring in order to get this done. I thank you once again.

hey if you can get 2002 imola for 59000USD, that's a good deal!!!!!!!!!!!! hope it works out because i haven't heard of 2002 selling for 59k... plus it's imola imola combo which could be, in my opinion, is the most attractive looking automobile on the market. im getting so excited for you. i will pray it will work out!!

The dealer just called me back, due to the fact that the car is at the head offices in Quebec, I had to go through a dealer of my choice. He told me that the manager at the head office already refused an offer of 100000cdn(66000us) and that the best price he can do is 105000cdn(70000us)I feel like breaking into tears.
Bummer, know I really don't know what to do. Final price of 105000cdn, is it worth it.

[This message has been edited by silverlining (edited 13 March 2003).]

USD 72000 seems about right for the dealer price. man, dealers are expensive. but that seems about what the US dealer would charge too. i think the cheaper NSXs you spotted may not be from US dealer but from ebays and other websites.. anyways, at 72000, i don't know.. for how much was imola's nsx sold for on ebay?????????? and for how much did he get the new one for??

USD 72000 seems about right for the dealer price. man, dealers are expensive. but that seems about what the US dealer would charge too. i think the cheaper NSXs you spotted may not be from US dealer but from ebays and other websites.. anyways, at 72000, i don't know.. for how much was imola's nsx sold for on ebay?????????? and for how much did he get the new one for??

Before the 03's came out, I bought (leased) a brand new 02 through the dealer, the cap cost was 74 with CD/keyless. Now that the 03's are out, and the lease incentive is there, the 7500 cash back from Acura is gone, if you can get a new 02 at 74k that would be pretty good. For an 02 with 10,000 miles of hard driving, unless Acura is willing to put a new clutch in the car (I'm assuming that there are new tires on it now), I wouldn't be willing to pay more than 70k, even for an Imola- IMO

I wouldnt worry too much about wear and tear since the car is still under factory warranty. as for the price if you want to get it at 59k. then put your $ in the bank get some intersted and then buy the car in about 1- 1 1/2 years later... for sure you can get them at that price.

yeah, imola is expensive. this looks like a much better deal.

Unless there's a buy-it-now price, you can't judge the selling price of an auction car based on the current bid if the auction hasn't closed yet.

For 10K "hard" (?) miles, I'd pass.

New '02's were going for about $72K USD not that long ago. Sounds like the incentives (or the '02 cars themselves are all gone now though).

Back