0-60 times

Interesting data.

Attachments

• E7A5AF4D-8DF2-4533-ABA8-5C70CAF3A224.jpg
    E7A5AF4D-8DF2-4533-ABA8-5C70CAF3A224.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 734
I see dynos are putting the V6 at closer to 620 hp instead of the 640+ as advertised for the Ford GT. The engine dies at 6000 rpm too. Good looking car for sure. I am slightly unimpressed by the V6TT numbers.

Frankly, I’m surprised at how well the NSX stacks up against competition costing 50-250% more. I see numbers like this, and I just can’t help but think that if the NSX had an Italian or German badge, it would be the toast of the high-performance car world.

I ran in the Intermediate group on the second day of the NSXPO TrackDay. While there were no Lambo’s or Ferrari’s on the track, there were several 911’s and C-7’s (a couple of which were — let us say — NOT STOCK). I routinely passed the corvettes, and none of the 911’s caught me. I couldn’t catch them. But they didn’t catch me. For what it’s worth.

I still maintain that the NSX is a performance bargain..... I'm heading to the track this Friday so will be interesting.

Consider the pricing:

Ferrari 488 GTB @ $300K
Huracan $250K
Audi R8+ $over $200K
Porsche 911 Carrera Irrelevant and not in the same performance group.....

I paid $141K for my NSX brand new. I think it stacks up pretty good to those on the list above.

Please report back to us with your track experience. I mounted my gopro on that tiny little rear window. It fits — just Barely.

Attachments

• 84FDA523-3DF2-4023-AD34-F6CB8D9FA8C5.jpg
    84FDA523-3DF2-4023-AD34-F6CB8D9FA8C5.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 574
We are not talking about the elephant in the room. The Corvette will post very comparable numbers any way you dice it at less than half the price of NSX. Criticize the car all you want. It delivers. It isn't for everyone. But neither is NSX with Civic radio and $35K interior.

$35K Interior? LoL.

Let's see your Corvette comparo post when it finally hits. If numbers is all that matters, why not just buy an SW20 MR2 or FD Rx7 for instance, and drop a crate 1000 hp K series Turbo monster in it then?? Who can really see that level of performance vs. price point??? Not to mention the LS/LT swapped engines either...

BTW, I am a fan of the mid engine direction for the C8. More offerings is always better for the market I say...

New NSX owner here and I can't believe all the haters. The NSX car is a steal for the performance price point and QUALITY. Say want you want about the new C8 the price will skyrocket in year two. Vetts track record hasn't changed in 50 years marginal quality lota hp and mediocre dealer network for repairs. Go into a Chevy dealer and ask for a test drive. See if you can get one without fillig out a credit app! LOL. Look at the bones of the car not the infotainment system. Cosworth engine, Honda reliability and better build quality than my AMG GTS. Best ride of any supercar under $325K (720s) and this isn't from reading EVO. My track event won't be till March and I can't wait.

New NSX owner here and I can't believe all the haters. The NSX car is a steal for the performance price point and QUALITY. Say want you want about the new C8 the price will skyrocket in year two. Vetts track record hasn't changed in 50 years marginal quality lota hp and mediocre dealer network for repairs. Go into a Chevy dealer and ask for a test drive. See if you can get one without fillig out a credit app! LOL. Look at the bones of the car not the infotainment system. Cosworth engine, Honda reliability and better build quality than my AMG GTS. Best ride of any supercar under $325K (720s) and this isn't from reading EVO. My track event won't be till March and I can't wait.
It’s a fantastic car. Enjoy it!

Finally got some time to conduct my personal 0-60 times. I've been searching for a good venue and found street that didn't have side streets and no houses but had a grammer school at the end. I waited till early Saturday when there wouldn't be any kids and there wasn't. Not a perferct surface as it was asphalt that was slightly worn. Temp was 41 degs F. My Racelogic Performance Box was set but I couldn't get a satellite signal. Went home grabed my old passport G meter and headed out.
My car has 113 miles so it still has th dealer gas 91 octance with 10% ethanol, tire pressues are the way they set them at delivery.
My first run with race launch was 3.27 too much sand on the road. Found a cleaner spot second run 3.10, third run 3.05.
These times are without roll out which is would be about .25 seconds for 12 inches. My Performance Box has roll out programed in but the Passport doesn't.
Very happy, this car is super quick. I really give a shxt about the infotainment system after this test. This car will hang with just about anything on the street.

I wanted to confirm times that have been posted by testers as sometime they get cars that are not so stock. So I set up my Racelogic Performance Box and found a suitable abandoned county road. Couldn't get the satellite link..damn. Drove home and remembered I had a Passport G box I hadn't used in a while so I grabbed that and headed out again in the early morning hours last Saturday.

Lota "clag" on the road surface, air temp 38 deg.F, 91 octane Shell that came with the car proly has 10% ethanol, tire pressures whatever the delivery pressures were. So the car was BONE stock.

Used the Track program and the first time. I used the Launch Control and had a run of 3.27 surface was slippery with clag and sand. Now that I had a better feel of the Launch on to more testing.
2nd run 3.10 less spin got a cleaner position on the road for this run.
3rd run 3.05. Holly shxt what a Launch!
I'm so impressed with this car! I didn't set the roll out on the G Meter. That would lower the times about .25 to .30 for the first 12" like a drag strip starting line. Corrected times should be 2.8. Not much will beat this from a dig.
Too be continued.

Back